Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
NOM NOM NOM hummus with a pound of baby carrots used to be my healthy comfort food...its the crunch and the creamy mixed with the salty and sweet
that's how i eat it too! although I've found that celery is good with it too. Unfortunately, I can't control myself with hummus so I have to stay away from it for the moment lol
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #17  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Unhealthy: country fried steak and gravy, grits with tons of sugar and butter, macaroni and cheese, my mom's spaghetti, and TACOS. I also dream about Sonic onion rings. Anything with ketchup. Ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together!! All of these are things that my very skinny mother loves and introduced me too. I only have ever had country fried steak and gravy like once or twice a year because it's soo bad, but I loveee it.

Healthy food: grilled calamari with udon noodles OMFG. not crazy healthy but totally okay in moderation, which isn't hard for me. Raw oysters on the half shell with lemon and cocktail sauce. Whole wheat toasted covered in no-cal butter spray. And sugar free freaking Popsicles. I really have to watch myself with those I eat them like they're pickle slices- another healthy comfort food. Oh, and any grilled meat.NOM. Especially grilled chicken thighs and steakkk.
Okay I have to stop talking about this now.
Cheers
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

mmmmmm ketchup.....
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #19  
Don't turn back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkitten View Post
mmmmmm ketchup.....
HAHA! I know right? Ketchup is like CRACK for me.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #20  
Don't turn back.

Lol I hope no one notices that all my "healthy" comfort foods are, like, devoid of any nutrition at all except protein. I guess that's why they're comfort foods and not daily staples though right?
I also want to add earl grey tea with Splenda. Yum.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #21  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
Lol I hope no one notices that all my "healthy" comfort foods are, like, devoid of any nutrition at all except protein. I guess that's why they're comfort foods and not daily staples though right?
I also want to add earl grey tea with Splenda. Yum.
Seriously, most of us have those foods. Jif is my current comfort food I live with, but....

I could eat a container of pringles or a bag of cheetos daily (used to). Or fried chicken or pizza or man... any of those things heavy, fatty foods. I love salty and fatty foods. Yum! Yum! Yum!

Now my salty, sweet, fatty food I keep is Jif.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Strange comfort food? Probably a seared slab of ribeye. That melty animal fat, crisp crust and juicy, tender goodness gets me every time
oh my, a seared slab of rib eye is not strange! I would take a ribeye over anything sweet ANY day.

Any carb would be my unhealthy comfort food. Fresh bread with pure irish butter, steak, fries.....

Healthy comfort food: dehydrated kale chips or butternut squash "hash browns" with ketchup!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #23  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Instant noodles fried in soy sauce with onions and sausages. Ok not strange really.. Ohh and digestive biscuits with chocolate spread. I could eat a whole pack.

This is making me hungry haha
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #24  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Towards the end I started microwaving chocolate chocolate chip muffins and having it with honey comb icecream.

Oh god I want it so bad.

I have to leave this thread :|
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #25  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I crave diet coke when I'm sick.

Chocolate is my go to junk food.

I also love steamed broccoli mixed in with vegetable flavour Mr. Noodles.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #26  

Big bowl of homemade rice pudding made with vanilla and covered with a big dollop of crabapple jelly! Weird, british thing!
Bijoux00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #27  

Nutella pancakes, coke and Pringles. I could live off of these. Lately I've been really liking light cream cheese: it's low on calories and I like to spread it on lettuce, roll it up, pin it with a toothpick. Looks fancy and it's incredibly light.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #28  

Ketchup with white rice. In fact salsa or anything tangy mixed with white rice mmm

Oh and I used to eat whipped cream by ITSELF and Cool Whip.

annnd I made these honey nutella PB sandwiches. Mamma mia someone hold me I am thinking about them!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfyoozed View Post
Whenever I'm feeling blah, I typically turn to a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Don't know why. It's not all that weird, but it's pretty much been my comfort food since I was a kid.
I usually treat myself to a peanut butter sandwich. We don't have jelly (we just don't buy it) but we do have honey, mostly for cooking. Lately I have thought about making a peanut butter and honey sandwich, thinking of course that I was being all creative and inventing this new sandwich! lol I guess its been done.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #30  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I eat weird food too!

I had a horrible sore throat a few months back and finally kicked it with home made stevia hot cocoa and cayenne pepper. It's 100 degrees out and I'm still drinking it! I can't stop.

Another weird comfort food is romaine lettuce. I just eat it, plain. It's the crunch or something, I don't know.

In a former life... *cringe* I used to walk down to the store, get a whole loaf of white french bread, and a tub of margarine and dip and eat. The thought of doing that now makes me want to hurl! What was wrong with me?

Last edited by ValRock; 04-25-2012 at 08:29 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote