3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   we should be encouraged, not insulted (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/257492-we-should-encouraged-not-insulted.html)

free1 04-22-2012 07:26 PM

GOOD for you not letting them get to you....When I was over 280, I found the vast majority of people treated me kindly. Hey, you can lose weight but you can't fix stupid :)

samcakes 04-22-2012 07:48 PM

WHOO got back from my second 2 mile walk today (i just cant help it, its so beautiful out) no one said a word to me, except to compliment my tattoos, there is always at least one person who stops me to mention them.

i thought about it, and i really dont care what they think. it just makes me sad that people have so much hate in their hearts that they push it onto innocent bystanders.

Arctic Mama 04-22-2012 08:18 PM

Another walk, how lovely!

And I agree with you 100%, it's sad people feel the need to be unkind to others.

MedChick87 04-22-2012 10:45 PM

I had to remind my bf of this the other day. Not that he was necessarily making fun of anyone or throwing fat jokes, but we were walking home from class and he commented on how "slow" a girl was jogging across the street. She wasn't overweight so he wasn't insulting her body or anything. But I had to remind him that, first of all, we were WALKING and really couldn't say much about speed. Second of all, no one should ever have anything to say about how another person works out. Just the fact that they are getting exercise is amazing and SO much better than people sitting on the couch! My bf has never been overweight and pretty much has no filter for the stuff coming out of his mouth, so I know he didn't mean anything by it. But it still irked me!

CurryMama 04-22-2012 10:57 PM

I say bravo for all of us that are trying to get fit and live healthier lives...no matter what size we currently are!

imnotperfect24 04-23-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samcakes (Post 4304082)
I am kind of in a bad mood. My hubby and I went on a nice long walk at a popular park today. It was almost 90 degrees, and we went almost 3 miles. I was feeling proud of myself, and very upbeat, and then a car full of guys drives by slowly and starts yelling out fat jokes... really? When I see someone that is overweight being active I applaud them! This is why I like to go on night time walks, no one yells insults at you, because they cant see you.

Why is it that we get insulted for being 'lazy' or 'fat', but when we try to do something about it, we still get made fun of?

people are naturally cruel creatures.

Im not letting it get me down though, im getting ready to go for another walk now!! this day is too pretty to let a couple of goons ruin it for me

have a beautiful day everyone

My friend and I are both over weight.. Well we went for a walk and someone yelled something like "Go back to the water beach whale's." I didn't see them. They had to be rather immature to yell something like that. I mean seriously.

Samantha18 04-23-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 (Post 4304144)
My point is, the people that do that aren't going home to spread joy in their life. They are duck-tards. (Trying not to get *** for all my words! lol) They are miserable. Maybe they were born that way, maybe no one loved them, maybe no one every took the time to slap them up side the head and say "you don't act that way you turd!" But either way, they will likely continue on their way draining the happiness out of most of the people around them until some one kicks their ars, or more likely they end up old and alone in a nursing home where no one comes to visit them and the staff can barely tolerate them.
I know a lot of people believe there's good in everyone. I don't. I think some people are just crap heads. So screw them!

THIS! So much. When you get to know the person behind the insults, you find out that 99.9 percent of the time they are a miserable person. I have yet to find a rude, heartless person that isn't trashy or miserable. Instead of encouraging or admiring other people, they have to pick out faults, and their life is so bad they have to focus on other people. It's really true that people like that are the ones with the problem in the end, so it's best to brush it off! You have to wonder what kind of life they lead and about their upbringing if they can insult strangers and still feel okay with themselves at the end of the day.

scarletmeshell 04-23-2012 09:43 AM

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I wish we could all come visit and beat the stupid out of them. Since we can't, take some comfort in the fact that they are little men without girlfriends and they will always be little men. You are changing your life, sadly they probably wont. Be proud of yourself because we are! You are saying eff you with every step!

lm3898 04-23-2012 11:59 AM

Ugh this brings back so many memories.

I first started going for long walks with my friend [also a bit heavy] and we got things yelled at us on one occasion, and I got mooed at while walking my dogs one night...I was mortified. Because of that, I started working out with fitness videos in the privacy of my own home. Every night I would crank the AC last summer and pop in a new dvd as little my little my self-esteem returned. Eventually, I added jogging, but ONLY at night, and if I saw someone or a group I would literally cross the street. It's sick to live like that but I still get those moments.

Now, I go to kickboxing class & I feel like an equal and it's great. But I still don't like to run outside unless it's dark out...I still haven't fully gotten over the fear that someone is going to yell something out of their car even though I've lost a good amount of weight.

I hate that some stupid losers who needed to pick on me took something away from me...but there it is. My thinking is to just keep pushing though it and realize that there are a lot more people applauding you than thinking cruel thoughts. Additionally, if anyone dared to yell at me now, I'd probably yell back and tell them that at least I was working out - they are the lazy ones sitting in their freaking car yelling insults...I mean seriously?

thundahthighs 04-23-2012 12:44 PM

The most hurtful thing that has happened to me recently was, while I was pregnant and yes, getting enormous, it came to my attention that some of the ladies in my circle of acquaintances thought I was a stuck-up b*tch and were vastly, deeply amused by how much weight I was gaining.
So I finally embraced the mantra "Let your haters be your motivators." and decided that if they wanted to think everything came easy to me without getting to know me, or getting to know the truth, I'd go ahead and let them laugh at my expanding girth, and in a few months I'll go visit them in a tank top with a nice, tight tummy, and smile in their face. Catty? Sure. But I've got weight to lose, and making their jaws drop will be all the reward I need. I'd rather have them hate me because I lost all the baby weight and am back to strutting around like I own the place than have them like me because I kept the baby weight and don't comb my hair.

Let your haters be your motivators. :carrot:

valalltogether 04-23-2012 12:48 PM

this is why i wear headphones really loud.. haha.

be lucky i didn't hear you, cause i might just hurl a rock at your car.

samcakes 04-23-2012 12:50 PM

i totally agree with letting your haters be your motivators. all that matters is that i love me, my hubby loves me, and my family and friends love me. ill let the haters be haters, its the only thing they are good at

Beach Patrol 04-23-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samcakes (Post 4304268)
WHOO got back from my second 2 mile walk today (i just cant help it, its so beautiful out) no one said a word to me, except to compliment my tattoos, there is always at least one person who stops me to mention them.

i thought about it, and i really dont care what they think. it just makes me sad that people have so much hate in their hearts that they push it onto innocent bystanders.

Very happy for you!!! - just continue those "beautiful walks" - there's hardly anything in the world better than a nice walk on a beautiful day - and the best thing is that you don't let some a**hat with their ignoramus comments take that away from you!! :carrot:

...and I know what you mean about the tattoos - I always get compliments on mine too, and sometimes from people I least expect it (94-yr-old catholic grandmother... LOL!!! :D )

samcakes 04-23-2012 01:16 PM

ive got 2 half sleeves, a large portrait on my back, my forearm, my legs, my feet, my toes etc tattooed. thats probably the only thing i will miss about being big, i wont have as much room to cover!!!