Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalo View Post
What is your body fat percentage ?
I'm not sure, I haven't checked in a few months. I know it's decreased but I can't remember what number I got. I don't think I'm going to check again until right before my quarter ends, probably during my last session with my trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Depends where you hold your fat.
I definitely agree with this given the changes I've seen in my own body. I'm wearing the same size pants that I was when I weighed 130. My arms are shrinking at a decent rate, too. But my stomach just doesn't want to follow suit.

@runningfromfat
Thanks for the ideas, I'm going to incorporate those exercises into my workout routine more frequently. And you look great in those shots, congrats.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #17  

Height: 5'0"

I'm weighing in at about 104 lbs these past few days, and I still have plenty of tummy fat. (Though, admittedly, I am not great about working out.) For whatever reason, it just happens to be where my body likes to store my fat. My pelvic bones will stick out like nobody's business, but I still have a belly pooch that looks like I'm just a few months post-partum.

I agree that dropping body fat is probably the best way to do it, whether you do that through diet, exercise, or a combination of both. Despite my low weight, my body fat % is still pretty high because I don't exercise. Adding muscle and maintaining this same weight would probably go a long way to getting rid of the tummy.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 150s/122/110

Height: 5'2

Oh girl I had one of those experiences today running and I was feeling DAMN FINE, wearing a tank top and everything, smiling at all the cute guys by the university, feeling my long hair caressing my shoulders...

I begin to run past a windowed building, thinking, "go ahead, check yourself out, I bet you look fly."

And there it was.

Moving up and down, an anatomical wonder, my unified belly-flank fat, rising and falling at just a slightly different rhythm than my shoulders and legs. Like an echo of flesh, its jiggle was syncopated. With each firm footfall, it wagged at me.

I was tempted to wave back.

We just gotta keep on keepin on Nadya. Long hair, spare tires and all. For tonight, that's the best answer I have for you.
guichita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

guichita, that is probably one of the best posts I've ever read.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #20  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Nadya, I frequent a skin care forum and was complaining about my waist/tummy being my trouble area. Someone sent me a pm explaining how wearing this certain shapewear for the waist and abdomen not only took inches off immediately on that area for her but after wearing it for only a month, it made her waist 2 inches smaller...without the garment on. They sell it on Amazon for a reasonable price. Check it out and read the great reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Squeem-Magical...=1XXG9AF417ARO

I've decided to get one once I get down to 180. If anything, I think wearing it will make you not only look better in this area but will help you not eat too much because of the compression. A double win! If it does, in fact, permanently take off inches in the long run, all the better.

Last edited by sandcar150; 04-17-2012 at 11:37 AM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #21  

My stomach is also a problem area for me. Even when I was skinnier, I still had a big belly and whenever I gain any weight it goes straight on my middle area. It's so frustrating, I'd much rather have big hips and a tiny waist than this! I don't do any specific exercises for my belly, at least not yet. I'm waiting to reach my goal weight and then start toning my body. Right now I'm just doing aerobics and pilates and my instructor tends to focus on the bum area for some reason.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote