3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Hostess Donut Binge. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/255517-hostess-donut-binge.html)

chibir3dpanda 03-24-2012 04:17 PM

Hostess Donut Binge.

:( Yep, it happened. 6 Hostess Donuts. I counted the calories and it turned out being 1,160 calories. My calorie budget thing is 1,200 calories, and those donuts were the only things I've eaten today, so I guess they should be the last thing I eat today haha.
I guess I kinda need some more motivation to keep me going!
Please? Lol

alitorry 03-24-2012 04:24 PM

Oh, I feel your pain. When I see those at the store, I want to buy them and eat them all!! but, I just think about how far I've come. You're going to be hungry later. Eat healthfully the rest of the day and don't worry about your calories. If you focus on not eating the rest of the day, it might backfire. Use the donuts as your cheat meal and get back on the train tomorrow :) You've come a long way and one donut binge will not derail you!

chibir3dpanda 03-24-2012 04:28 PM

Thanks alitorry! :)

Arctic Mama 03-24-2012 04:29 PM

Do NOT let that be all you eat today, that is a recipe for another binge. If you get hungry later today, eat something light like grilled lemon pepper chicken, steamed or grilled veggies, and fruit like strawberries or apples. Filling, light on calories, high in nutrients. It will set you back maybe 300-400 calories if your servings are generous and still leave you with good nutrition and not an excess of calories for your size.

sontaikle 03-24-2012 04:31 PM

1200 calories might be your budget, but you can probably eat more than that and still be at a deficit anyway. Or you can just eat at your maintenance level.

Arctic Mama is right, you should not let that be all you eat today. Have a little something else if you can help it. One day here and there over your budgeted range will not derail you :)

erh12275 03-24-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibir3dpanda (Post 4266126)
:( Yep, it happened. 6 Hostess Donuts. I counted the calories and it turned out being 1,160 calories. My calorie budget thing is 1,200 calories, and those donuts were the only things I've eaten today, so I guess they should be the last thing I eat today haha.
I guess I kinda need some more motivation to keep me going!
Please? Lol

Go work out for an hour on the eliptical and burn off 650 cals or more. Then you won't feel so bad. If I overeat I burn the extra(or at least some of them doing something.)

inglesita64 03-24-2012 06:20 PM

I know the question is a nasty one, but isn't 1200 cals too low for your height? If you eat less than you need, you will have cravings... I see you have really lost a lot of weight, but if I were in your shoes I would eat a little more than 1200 cals.
As to the binge, water under the bridge. Now you know you have to keep away from those donuts. Light dinner and on to another day!

valalltogether 03-24-2012 06:57 PM

tomorrow is another day! make some healthy choices for your next meal and put this behind you.

Brandis 03-24-2012 08:37 PM

Just kick butt for the rest of today, and tomorrow do the same. Eat right, do a challenging workout, and all should be fine. And for goodness sakes don't buy any more of those "do nots."

chibir3dpanda 03-25-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandis (Post 4266300)
. And for goodness sakes don't buy any more of those "do nots."

I didn't buy them. I'm not the one who buys the food, my dad does.

erh12275 03-25-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibir3dpanda (Post 4266435)
I didn't buy them. I'm not the one who buys the food, my dad does.

Are you the one that posted the other day that your dad had brought home 6 boxes and were worried? I was afraid it might happen. Sometimes willpower just isn't enough. Just shake it off...you didn't even eat enough to put on a pound.:D