3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   BMR/RMR Figures (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/255409-bmr-rmr-figures.html)

Nadya 03-22-2012 08:14 PM

BMR/RMR Figures

I'm a little confused about something...

When you calculate your BMR or RMR and you get a certain number, you are then supposed to multiple that by a certain number based on your activity level, yes? So let's say I choose the "lightly active 3 times a week option" and I get 1800 calories (making this up as I go). Does this mean I can eat 1800 calories a day to maintain my weight, even on days that I don't work out? Or is that for just those three days I work out? :lol:

Know what I mean?

berryblondeboys 03-22-2012 08:18 PM

It means it's what you can eat every day to maintain based on three times a week of exercise.

Nadya 03-22-2012 08:20 PM

Why is that? I don't understand. =/

Is it based on an average?

berryblondeboys 03-22-2012 08:31 PM

Yes, it is. That is why I put my activity level as sedentary and then add exercise as I do it so I know better day by day what a maintenance level of eating would be.

bargoo 03-22-2012 08:37 PM

It is based on the figures you provided, you indicated "lightly active 3 tomes a week" and the answer was based on that. berryblondeboys said it exactly with her first reply.

Nadya 03-22-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 4264151)
It is based on the figures you provided, you indicated "lightly active 3 tomes a week" and the answer was based on that. berryblondeboys said it exactly with her first reply.

I was asking about the other 4 days of the week, I didn't understand that it was an average. Her second post helped just perfectly, thanks berry!

freelancemomma 03-22-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nadya (Post 4264119)
I'm a little confused about something...

When you calculate your BMR or RMR and you get a certain number, you are then supposed to multiple that by a certain number based on your activity level, yes? So let's say I choose the "lightly active 3 times a week option" and I get 1800 calories (making this up as I go). Does this mean I can eat 1800 calories a day to maintain my weight, even on days that I don't work out? Or is that for just those three days I work out? :lol:

Know what I mean?

I think I know what you mean. My understanding is that the figure represents your average daily caloric requirement, whether or not you work out on a particular day. (Remember that the figure was derived by factoring in your activity level beforehand, so you wouldn't need/want to factor it in a second time.)

Of course, you can always choose to eat more on days you work out and less on days you don't work out -- as long as the figures average out to 1,800 per day (using your example). For example, if you work out three times a week, you could eat 2,000 calories on those days and 1,650 calories on the four days you don't work out. Over a seven-day period, this averages out to 1,800 calories per day.

Freelance

Freelance