Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 05:23 AM   #121  

Smile FULL MOON Wednesday

Well, its really starting to wane but it sure looks full this am!!

I know some will disagree, but I do think when its full moon, things seem to be more exaggerated. I know, if I believe that, than my life will be a self fullfilling prophecy-- all I can tell you is, it wasnt until I barteneded a few years before I was convinced. Even started taking full moon weekends off.

WSW- Marshall Fields Mints-- I only know Marshall Fields because our family lived in the Midwest-- Is that where you are too?? Or perhaps Marshall Fields is more places than I realize.
Therapy ... means you're on the road to recovery?? Here's to fast and full recovery!

Flower-- Tell us more about the baby.... we need details!! Teeth?
Sitting?? Crawling?? Does the baby sleep thru the night ??

Frogger-- glad the hair color is more what you want-- Have you decided how to wear your hair on the big day? We need details!!

Eydie-Chin up.... This too will pass... Can I refill your cup for you?
Did you hear? Its full moon and Anagram has named this International Bloat Week... Figures, doesn't it??

Empress-- Ditto Eydie's message-- And of course, you're addicted to us-- And we are addicted to you too!! Both you and Eydie-

And Punkin!! Its not the same w/out you although I know you are knocking them dead on your trip.

Arabella, Ceara, Dollar, Wildfire, MissW, and everyone else I missed ( sorry, its early, don't mean to be rude) how goes it ??

And re job talk---special thanks to everyone for listening and all the advice last couple weeks- It means so much to a neutral place to vent-- Its been a big help. Sure beats kicking the wall till my toes are broken!!

Today's thought is:

"Every day is a birthday: every moment of it is new to us: we are born again, renewed for fresh word and endeavor." Isaac Watts

Anagram, if you don't mind, I'm borrowing your phrase today:

Peace be with you!
Old 03-19-2003, 05:39 AM   #122  

Smile Full Moon Motivator

Ralph Marston is very well known-- I really wanted to share this Motivator today: hope you all enjoy

JUST GET BACK UP

There's a powerful technique for success that's also very simple and accessible to everyone. It's something anyone can do, but something that far too few people actually practice.
It is simply to get back up quickly anytime you fall. Whatever may have happened to stop you or to distract you, just go on past it -- the sooner the better -- and get back in the direction you were headed.

That sounds easy enough, and it is. Yet all too often, precious time and energy are wasted on anger, self pity, resentment, regrets and frustration. None of those things will provide any value to anyone. The thing to do is to just get back up and get going again, quickly and confidently.

And there's a bonus that comes along with practicing such a technique. When you know that you can quickly get back up, you're not afraid to fall. And when you're not afraid to fall, you'll be much more willing to take on the difficult challenges that will create real value for yourself and others. Be willing to just get back up and by so doing you can go wherever you desire.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 03-19-2003, 06:15 AM   #123  
deleted2

Thanks for the encouraging words, Kaylets. I'm determined to move thru this day like a goddess--one of those 'fake it till you make it' things.

We're going to the beach tomorrow morning, and will get home Saturday. I'd normally be really excited about it but I have mixed feelings--the war casts a pall over the festivities, shall we say.

Kaylets, about the boss: is it not the most frustrating thing when you call someone on something and they act like they don't have a clue as to what you're talking about? Grrr....

Glad you're addicted, Amarantha. We're flattered!

Where's our Arabella?

Off to work--going in early so I can come home early and pack for the beach!

Have a great day everyone, and if you're up early enough check out the beautiful full moon!

Old 03-19-2003, 07:22 AM   #124  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default I'm here!

Hello, wonderful women!

I've been pretty too - no wonder that a number of us are. This is a very sad and difficult time! In my case, it coincided with my concern over the problems that several close family members are having, not to mention my ex-MIL. I was on a downward spiral last week, culminating in several days of out-of-control eating and misery. Don't those two go hand in hand! Why (corollary to what you were saying about being OP, Eydie!) do we keep doing it when it makes us unhappy? Reminded of that saying about insanity defined as doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I found myself thinking about addiction a lot, even in the midst of chocolate. I remember hearing about one woman talking about crying out of hopelessness and frustration while she was in the middle of a binge. Wouldn't that be the "bottom" that turned you around? Sometimes I felt, towards the end of last week that I was seeking bottom. I never ate to the point of discomfort, but unfortunately I can eat quite a lot before I get to that point

I've been working my way back up out of the pits, grabbed a fresh start card and a no guilt one, too. And am getting on with it again.

Let's take this day and do our best with it. Love to all!
Old 03-19-2003, 08:06 AM   #125  

Aaah, love that - Wonderful Women! that's us.

And that's my route this morning too - working my way out of the pits (though it was not my pittiest(?) pit. I know some of mine is the war concern and the helplessness one feels in the face of all this. Plus some concerns w/dd and family. And the everpresent concern with dh. He is doing better and I am grateful for that but there is ever concern. Two more medical appts this week yet plus (for him) two more dialysis treatments.

We had a loverly outdoor walk in our favorite park yesterday and I'm hoping to do a solo today - so that should be a bright spot. Another is that on Sunday we're taking some of our helpful neighbors to a Spring Brunch in gratitude and also just to celebrate Spring. Several can't make it this time so we'll also plan a later event. (So I guess that's really two events to look forward to.) Not looking forward to the rain we're supposed to have tomorrow but for today I'll ignore that. And will go out and enjoy my one blooming crocus before the rain knockes it out.

I've not been watching quite as well and so have more calorie intake than I should but I can't truly say I've binged either. So that's a plus.

I'm just sorry to hear about all the pain, worry, concern, sadness, and just plain burdens being carried. Good to share and be reminded that we are Wonderful Women (not meant to offend if we have any male posters).

Are we going to try joint meditation tomorrow night? I didn't last night because I thought last Tuesday was a trial and that Thursday is to be our planned event. Still on?

And, yes, peace be with all of us.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:09 AM   #126  

And yes, Kaylets, I agree full moon seems to exaggerate things. Good and bad. But I love to see Mr. Moon looking so full and happy.

Remember too that tomorrow will be our first full day of SPRING and therefore should be the International Holiday for Springettes.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:53 AM   #127  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

The full moon was wonderful last night. It was huge and orange coming up over the horizon about 7 pm last night.

Baby isn't a baby baby anymore-he is now 2. But somedays he behaves like one. I had a pregnacy scare last month and now I know I do want another one sometime in the near future. (next 12 months)

I have some nasty shin pain last night. I will have to give them a day of rest from walking. I might try to fix my indoor bike. The screws from the seat are missing so i have to find replacements.

If I went off plan, a peanut butter brownie from Mrs Fields, or panda express (orange chicken). I am planning to go off plan on Sayurday so i eat really clean til then.

I hope everyones saddness lifts soon. Someone told me once, fake it til you make it. Maybe that could help you. ~flower
Old 03-19-2003, 10:53 AM   #128  

I'm somewhat better already, flower. I get down but I (fortunately) don't stay down long.

Your motto reminds me of a conversation I overheard in a doctor's office between two women who did not know each other before but quickly seemed to become fast friend.

Younger woman: Tell me, how did you make it through the times you just told me about (including the deaths of two of her children, one when he was in his 40s, the other as a child and lots of other things she had mentioned)?

Older woman: I sang, I couldn't sing much at first but I made myself hum, then sing a little, then sing a lot. I had been to doctor and he said there was nothing he could do for me. So what could I do? So one day, I thought if I could sing, I'd be all right. So I started humming a little bit and eventually I could sing. Each day a little more. I didn't forget my children (& etc) but when I sang, it did not hurt as much.

It was such simple wisdom - she was an elderly lady with a heavy accent and she seemed so joyful. I decided to take her wisdom for my own. (Of course, sometimes I forget.)
Old 03-19-2003, 02:39 PM   #129  

Good day all!!

The sun is shinning and the birds are sing it looks great but is a little cool today but that is ok. The scale did not overly please me last night but it was down .2 not much but in the right direction. While I was at my meeting last night this thought occured to me while listening to everyone. It doesn't matter how long it takes to lose our weight the important thing it that we are doing it. We are strong and we are making the efffort and that is what counts. Alot of the women at the meeting will say it is taking so long to lose weight. I just want to shout IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER AS LONG AS YOU ARE DOING IT TIME ISN'T IMPORTANT. We all lose at a different weight so don't compare to each other. Something else I have noticed everytime I set a date for a certain amount of weight off I fall short of that small goal, so I have decided I will not do that anymore I just set myself up for disappointment. So even though I said I would like to be down 92 lbs by the end of this challenge it really doesn't matter what Im down as long as it is down and not up. So to all of you who get discouraged by not reaching a certain weight by a certain time don't set yourself up for disappointment just be proud of what you have accomplished in that time frame because that is all that counts you are trying and this is a very hard journey for us all.

So in conclusion lets all raise our glasses (of water of course) and toast to all of us who have imbarked on this journey and no matter how long it takes every last one of us will cross the finish line as winners.

Have a great day all.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #130  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

"clink" thanks for the toast dollar
Old 03-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #131  

Clink from here too.

Weigh in this a.m. was at 215.6. I finished the Valentine's challenge at 215 and have been back and forth between 213 and 216 ever since. However, I consider this not to have actually gained and that itself is a victory. Here's to more victories and I will for now live vicariously with those of you who actually achieve some scale victories while looking for as many non-scale victories as I can.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:52 PM   #132  
wsw

hi wonderful women! (i like that title too.)

all your posts are very inspirational for me today. dollar-what you said was very helpful and poignant for me. since i am one of those slow losers, it is not hard for me to become discouraged. what you said made a lot of sense and i plan to try to refocus my attention on my accomplishments and all my positive efforts. they really do make a difference and are important, and i am worth the effort, as are we all. kaylets-i'm originally from the midwest-minneapolis-and that's why i know about marshall fields. we used to go to chicago often when i was growing up. (i live in durham, nc now.) i liked that quote you posted. it resonates with me figuratively, and i have a very literal reminder of it, since i physically tend to fall every now and then due to ms. i am in physical therapy for my back (spinal cord damage) and also for weakness in legs and poor balance due to ms.
eydie-i hope you will have a pleasant , relaxing time at the beach, despite this precarious time in the world. arabella-hope things will continue to look up for you. anagram-hope things will continue to improve with your husbands health. flower-your little 2 year old must keep you pretty busy. that's a great age! hi to everyone else also! i hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

take care, all. wsw
Old 03-19-2003, 03:58 PM   #133  
wsw

i'm raising my glass of water to all of you, too. thanks for the toast, dollar.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:35 PM   #134  

Smile Wed evening

Yes, CLINK and Clink again!!!

SO WELL SAID DOLLAR!! And its soooooo true!! We are doing the best we can !!! Who says its too slow?? The media w/ " 2 week wonder snake oil?" -- Or is it us because we won't go here, do that, try that activity, until the scale shows a certain number??
Anagram's RIGHT! We need to start humming now- if that's all we can do, is just hum than lets hum together--

Thursday evening I will be at a Toastmasters contest at meditation time but for 5 minutes I can close my eyes and think of
supportive and encouraging thoughts --

My mentor won a contest today and the next level is tomorrow. ( No, I am not ready to compete-- have to have 6 speeches under your belt)

Is 7:30 EST best for everyone ?

I have a Non Scale Victory to share- About 3-4 yrs ago, my mother gave me a beautiful crepe blouse as a Christmas gift Its a button down the front blouse and could only be worn no more than an hour or the shirt would pull open across the bust. Frankly, it just didnt fit. But it was so lovely I kept it rather than exchange it. And then the blouse couldnt be worn at all.
This am I was looking for something else in DH's closet and saw the blouse. Since white goes w/ everything, I thought I'd try it on
just to see. And its almost too big!! Next time I wear it w/ pants, I will have to wear a belt to help keep the blouse in place but at least I can get some wear out of it!!
At least, I'm not finding it later when it would be too big!!

So, I have put a fresh kettle on, lit some of your favorite votives and just turned on the music.
Let me remind you lovelies of how redwoods last so long. They grow deep and far reaching roots. Their roots interwine many times with the neighboring redwoods. This way, when the storms come, the redwoods hold onto each other because they're roots are so tightly bound. Hold onto me so I can hold onto you.

YOU ARE ALL HELPING ME HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kaylets; 03-20-2003 at 05:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:44 PM   #135  
Hot Stuff

Yeah, baby!

Treadmill was delivered tonight and I just did a 40 minute pre-programmed walking routine. Love it! It'll be easy to get my exercise in with my new toy.

The full moon here had a lovely orange ring around it....good thing I'm not superstitious or I'd think it meant trouble coming. Yep, good thing.

DD seems to be turning a new leaf. Cleaning up, doing homework...all without nagging.

I'll join you in your toast, too! Slainte!
Closed Thread