Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 09:52 PM   #136  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am jealous wildfire! I cleaned 3/4 of the garage so Chris could put my gym together this weekend. I did my part...he had better do his! Gotta get some muscle. I have my recumbant bike too. So I had better petal or walk or lift weights each and every day!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:52 AM   #137  
deleted2

Welcome to the treadmill club, Wildfire! They're great---the perfect no-excuse workout!
Flower, hope you get all set up to be our weight queen. I could use some pointers.

It's almost 4:00 am and we're off to the beach. Reminds me of how my father used to get us all up far before the crack of dawn to 'avoid traffic'! Should be walking on the beach by 11:00 this morning. At Virginia Beach they have a fabulous 3-mile boardwalk and we'll walk ourselves silly!

Have a great weekend, my doves. I'll miss you like crazy! Oh, and I almost forgot---CLINK!

Old 03-20-2003, 05:24 AM   #138  

Now I know why I was awake at 4:00 a.m. It was to wave goodbye to Eydie! Have a fun weekend. I agree Va Beach has done a lot with their boardwalk. Seems like you can walk forever there. Have fun!

Wildfire, happy toy time. So glad to hear dd has settled a bit. Hopefully cousin got through a bit. Also sometimes, even the teen can be a bit frightened by what happened. Sometimes they don't really realize what paths they've stepped onto until after a cooling off break like she had w/cousin. Anyway, sounds like you can breathe again. Maybe she can work out some steam on your new toy as well.

This waking up earlier and earlier has got to stop. Lack of sleep is not usually my problem. Biggest problem with it is falling asleep earlier and earlier which then means waking up earlier and earlier, etc. Vicious circle. And when I'm tired I seem to interpret that as hungry. Another vicious circle.

Lots of rain here at the moment and I guess to continue. Dr. visit with dh, lunch out, groceries, maybe a movie (unless we're both too sleepy - he's awake too or was when I left bed).

Ok, my calendar says tomorrow's first day of spring - I jumped the gun the other day based on what a local weatherman had said (duh!). So that means those of us who need it can pick up a brand new Spring Fresh Start Card anytime today so we'll be ready when the sun comes up again tomorrow.

Well, my cuppa is ready and I'm ready for it.

Good morning, wonderful women!
Old 03-20-2003, 06:00 AM   #139  

Smile Targetting Thursday!

3rd attempt this am!

Been glued to the tv, sorry, will have to be short till later--

Has anyone ever looked at www.onegoddessway.com ???

Kind of fun if you just look around-- they want to sell stuff too its worth a look.

Today's thought is: "Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get...... only what you are expecting to give," -- Audrey Hepburn

Take care all!
Old 03-20-2003, 08:52 AM   #140  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Up and running!

Happy Spring, Wonderful Women!

I'm back up again - in more ways than one Weighed self on Tuesday (in attempt to scare self straight) and scale registered 4 pounds up, albeit after several cups of tea. Joined Fitday, which I really like, because it tracks the calories from food and exercise, allows me to set goals and stuff. Just thought -- hmmm... maybe I'll go in and set a shorter term goal. In any event -- Onward and downward!

Had a call from one of my sisters yesterday. She's started to go to Adult Children of Alcoholic meetings. That really clicked for me yesterday, as the reason for much of my problem(s). I ordered a couple of books from the library, and may join a group as well. The whole "reparenting" thing is something that occurred to me as the basis for most psychological work when I was in school. I really feel like I need that! I felt like yesterday was the perfect time for me to be reminded of ACoA. I'd thought of it before, but it was when I was doing well and thought I had my problems licked. After the severe downward spiral last week, I was ready for a solution. And it came to me! Reminded me of the saying "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Work to do, but I feel good, and hopeful!

Eydie, hope your trip to the beach is wonderful! I know that it has a shadow cast over it by current events, but don't you find sometimes that very difficult times allow us to see things in a way that we wouldn't otherwise? I know that aspects of the natural world have had a lot of power for me through dealing with deaths and etc.

Valiant Kaylets, I loved the meditation about redwoods - so beautiful and so true. We must remember when we feel a little wobbly that we don't stand alone, not ever!

Anagram, your story about the women in the doctor's office was wonderful. I love to sing, even if my voice has gotten rusty. I resolve to polish it up, and sing!

Amarantha, hope you are well and feeling better.

Wildfire, so glad that things seem to be turning around with your daughter! I have to remind myself sometimes, that even when things seem bad, they can turn on a dime!

Dollar, what a great insight! Yes, ma'am, as long as we keep heading in the right direction, we'll get there. And the crucial thing is to enjoy the trip!

wsw, your struggles with MS reminded me how very grateful I should be to enjoy good health. I think we often don't realize how vulnerable we are in these human bodies! I salute you!

Flower, here's a web page about shin splints: http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/shin.html I sometimes get shin pains from exercise, and I really find that exercise that counters it helps.

I will be meditating on the group at 7:30 Eastern tonight. To all Springettes, mentioned or unmentioned: Let's make this a wonderful day! Love to all!
Old 03-20-2003, 09:17 AM   #141  

Wood Nymph - I too found the ACOA reading to be helpful. I did not go to meetings but one of my younger brothers did (and another really SHOULD have).

Glad you're up and 'at 'em again.

I'm going to shut my computer down now and not look for posts until late this afternoon, at least. Talk about being addicted! But sometimes if I wait a whole day there are so many posts I don't quite read them all as well as I'd like.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:11 AM   #142  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Eydie-have a wonderful time at the beach. Request a room with no tv! I lived in VA Beach for a year. I was young. But I have gone back every few years since then. I definately am over due for a trip!

Arabella-scales suck. Depending on if my heels are parallel or more together the scale reads 5 pounds differnet. Should buy a better one, but I just try to remember to stand in the same spot ea time!

Kaylets-get away from the TV!!! Even the weather channel has been showing the weather from over there. I can not focus on being a better person with all the stuff in the world right now. I have no control over all of it, so I am going to go on with my life and pray that the men and women come home soon and safely and the children don't suffer too much and the moms left behind aren't going crazy with worry and single parenthood.

Anagram-you sound much better today! I should go make myself some tea... I normally drink it just before bed, but it sounds good this morning.

Well...I got the garage done. As much as I promised. I have to go bug bomb the shed so I can remove shelves to hose them off. I asked all the daddy long legs to leave. I hate killing them. But there are hundreds and I pay the morgage not them, so I gave them a warning... A few is cool, this many is just so...I think creepy is a good word. Wildfire...wannna come over with your bug wand??? Anyways, the shed will be my craft room. It is a cool shed with wood siding a tile roof and a window with a cement floor. Maybe I will start my business afterall! ~have a good one ladies! ~flower
Old 03-20-2003, 12:26 PM   #143  
Is it Friday yet?

Default I'm baaaaack!!!!!

Hi everyone! I missed you!!!

What a whirlwind week! I'm so tired that I want to go home and crash... When I landed in Sacramento Tuesday evening, I wanted to drop to my knees and kiss the tarmac - so good to be back on the ground, safe and sound, with no more flying in the near future. All of my flights were uneventful, other than landing in L.A. on Saturday in the middle of their storm that brought 4 inches of rain - ahem, interesting ride...
The security was a combination of awsome and frightening as ****. I still had 2 planes to catch after the terror level went up and could really tell the difference between flying under a "yellow" vs. an "orange". The guards were wonderful though and very, VERY polite and thorough!

I did have a great time though - even with my Dad (I was worried about it feeling "odd"), and my meeting went very well. Monday I got to go to Mexico - I could've spent a LOT of money! Having to get it home posed a problem though and did curb my spending. I did bring home a few treasures though - a little chiminea and beautiful wrought iron & blown glass candle holder. And of course, those beautiful Mexican blankets too... I bought 3. I had to borrow a bag from my Dad to get it all home! Of course "hot" Yuma was raining, windy and storming the whole time and I froze...

The biggest shock came when I hopped on the scale this morning - I lost 3 pounds on my trip! While with my Dad I had no (and I mean NO) urge to overeat. And still, no feelings of 'I've got to get _____ so I can have it'. Strange - I wondered if it would be a healing thing having such a great, comfortable visit with my Dad (I've always suspected some of my eating to comfort myself came from my relationship with him - or lack thereof). Well, whatever it is, I plan to nurture it, see if the feeling stays. It feels odd to not be constantly be thinking of food....

I came home to a couple surprises - I have a daffodil in bloom in my front yard (my first!) and shock of shocks... it looks like we *might* be hiring "my guy".... yes, believe it or not - he may be working for US soon. Funny... I was my ex's boss before we started dating - history repeating itself?????
Also, my computer was sent to our tech when I left and it's got all kinds of new fangled stuff on it now - of course I can't get online or check mail (I'm on my Mom's computer now), but I've been *told* there's new stuff on my computer....

Now, after catching up on 5 pages of posts...

Amarantha - Dear Empress, please don't stay gone long! I think the war has a lot of people feeling a bit blue and stressed. I know I feel a bit on edge. I thought about you too this week - there's a cartoon called "Six Chicks" and I think it was Sunday's strip that showed 2 women sitting on a couch sipping tea with about 30 little leprechauns running around and one of the ladies says "I don't know, I think the cat brought them in".... So, now we know where your little 's went!

Ceara - Oooh, take care of yourself! Get yourself to a gyn soon ok?

Wildfire - It sounds like the cousin could be a huge help. I hope it goes well and DD listens to him.

Kaylets - Congrats on the new numbers! How exciting! Sorry the job didn't pan out - maybe the whole purpose of it was to show yourself that you *can* be looking elsewhere - maybe there's something else wonderful out there.

Flower - I'll send you some virtual lavendar scented epsome salt if you still need it??? Glad you're all moved.

Eydie - You're already gone - hope you enjoyed your trip!

Frogger - What a deal on that veil!!!! Can't wait to see it - and YOU in it. We do expect pictures once the big day is here ya' know....

Anagram - Trust me.... Girl Scout cookies survive juuuuust fine in the freezer (I can go get my thin mints if you'd like a demonstration???).

I guess that's it for me, for now anyway. Gonna just warm my seat until Monday - I know they don't expect me to do much in this semi-comatose state.

Hugs to everyone! Happy Spring!!

Terri
Old 03-20-2003, 01:04 PM   #144  

Well hello Wonderful Women! It's taken me a few days to catch up on all of the posts, but I did it.
How strange... I too have had a downward spiral emotionally. If ever, I need some good girl friends now. It started last week, and I was able to escape for the weekend to Portland. Thought that I had bounced right back up. Then I came home. Things really aren't that bad, but yesterday the news sent me into anxiety and hopelessness. I've been home for 4 days and can't get myself to set any appointments for work. Scared of people.... of disapointment... I don't know. I'm starting to get angry w/ myself.
I'm glad that ya'll are feeling better.

Re: Fallin' off the wagon: God forbid, I'd be heading up to KFC. Sounds soooooo good. Lucky me, I'm broke.

Welcome back Punkin! I'll be on a plane to Idaho a week from today. Reassuring that you made it through your ordeal. Any advice on airport security?

Eydie - Have a great weekend at the beach!

Frogger - are you just sooo excited yet? Remind me of the date... I don't think I caught it.

Hmmm, Girl Scout Cookies... I had a small victory last week and flat turned them down at the office. They were the peanutbutter ones too... I used to be a Girl Scout. One year I sold over 150 boxes of those scrumptious things What people will do for a cute little girl in uniform.

Empress we miss you. Nurture yourself, and come back to us soon. {{{Hugs}}}

WSW - You are so brave. Not many people would have the heart to take this long, challenging journey of weight loss while also battling MS. Your spirit is inspiring. Thanks.

Wildfire, Anagram, Kaylets, Flower, Arabella and anyone that I may have missed, I'll check back this afternoon and write more.

I'll be meditating w/ you. 4:30 pm Pacific.

Lots of Love
-Washu-

Last edited by MissWashu; 03-20-2003 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:20 PM   #145  
wsw

hi everyone!

i will be meditating along with all of you this evening too.
arabella and miss washu-thank you so much for the kind words. i appreciate it more than you could know.
i was op today and stuck with my exercising, which felt good to have accomplished. i am thinking of you all. well, take care.

wsw
Old 03-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #146  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Punkin, welcome back and hope you enjoyed Arizona! Hi, to all also and thanks for kind words ... I am lurking and posting on the journal ... doing a personal mini-challenge in honor of my Easter Bunny Goddess. Not up to much more ... ok, back to lurkdom!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 05:57 AM   #147  

Smile Finally Friday!

Hello all!

I did think of each one of you last night at 7:30 EST. Interestingly enough, the Toastmasters Speech Contest was being opened w/ a interdenominational "thought" for mutual understanding as the answer to world peace. So I included all of us too.

"Scheduling" 5 minutes to concentrate seems ironic doesn't it??
Makes me realize how overburdened my schedule is, and so much of it with very low priority "stuff".

Am taking a 2 hr certifcation test this am that most employees do not pass the first time-- of course, I would like to pass the first time but unfortunately, have not studied as I thought I would.

Tried to reschedule for next week but everything's full up.

Today's thought is: "There are hazards in anything one does, but there are greater hazards in doing nothing. " -- Shriley Williams

Take care all!!
Old 03-21-2003, 06:00 AM   #148  

Smile Friday smile!

Woman's Prayer

I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;

Love to forgive him; Patience for his moods;

Because Lord if I pray for Strength,

I'll beat him to death.

Amen!
Old 03-21-2003, 07:54 AM   #149  
Momma Frog

Hello all!!

Quick update on the goings on w/the wedding. Got my shoes in and they don't fit. They lied!!! I called the company to see how true to size the shoes run and they assured me they run true to size. So of course, I ordered my size. They would be best suited for someone the next size down. They wanted a 15% restocking fee and for me to pay shipping there and back. So I asked about returns. That's a 35% restocking fee plus the shipping for me to ship them back to them. NEVERMIND!!! I'll just sell them on ebay or something. So now I have to go shoe shopping (AGAIN!)

Finally figured out what I'm going to do with my hair. I'll have to post a picture. Simple style, wore it to both proms my junior and senior year. I've just got to find a picture.

Weighed in this morning and still the same. Kinda bummed about that since I've been really good. I haven't had a piece of candy in about a month. I'm dying for a cadberry caramel egg. Oh well, I'll stock up after easter.

Well, have a good day everyone!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:27 AM   #150  
Is it Friday yet?

It's Friday!!

Waaahooooo... a wonderful, rainy Friday. Why am I happy that it's raining? Rain means I don't have to do squat this weekend! I'm gonna be a total sofa slug...

Miss Washu - Yes, security advice. Always have your photo ID available and wear slip on shoes. I wore lace up boots on the way home and regretted it! You'll also be asked to take off any jacket or coat you're wearing so be prepaired for that too. Oh, and make sure your bag is easy to search through juuuust in case... Lastly, when they ask you what state you're from, don't answer with the name of your town (funny incedent in Yuma - "ma'am Green Bay is a town, what STATE are you from?")

Amarantha - I thought Arizona was beautiful and loved all the cactus! Too bad it'd die up here - first freeze and it would be a gonner... I got to see a roadrunner too - well, the tail-end of one when it went zipping past the window of my Dad's side yard!

Kaylets - Good luck on your test! I loved the women's prayer

Frogger - That just plain blows about the shoes! I hope you find another great pair - you gotta have comfy feet!

Looking forward to grocery shopping after work. I have nothing but I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, a 1/2 head of lettuce and Jack Daniel's hard cola in the house!

Toodles for now...

Terri
Closed Thread