300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#295

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
    And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
  • Hey guys....

I'm so so sorry that my posts have been so few and far between the last day or so, but my schedule has been crap. I got off work Tuesday night and stayed up till around 1:00. I probably fell asleep sometime between 1-2. Then the alarm went off at 3:00 because dh had to go into work at 4:00am in order to get off at 12:00 to go see Tony. So that woke me up and I didn't get back to sleep till around 5:00. Then the alarm went off at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school......so, got kids up, dressed and off to school and tried to lay back down for awhile, but I was too nervous and couldn't sleep, so I decided to go ahead and get up and exercise. So, I did the 3 mile WATP, took a shower, got dressed and went and checked Trey out at school and then picked up dh and headed out to Atlanta. We got home from Atlanta around 10:15 and I had to be to work at 11:00. I worked from 11:00 till 6:00am and then came home and passed out! I was so tired, it wasn't even funny. Thank goodness dh took the kids to school and drove himself to work. That let me sleep until 3:00, but I have still felt like crap all day. After I got the kids from school, I dropped off my pictures & then ran to Walmart and did some shopping and then came home and fixed some tacos. Now, I'm wide awake and I have to get up at 6:00am! Anyways, here are some pictures from the signing yesterday......I think they would have turned out alot better if I had gotten my camera to cooperate or if I hadn't of handed it to dh. Also, I have included a picture of the new hairdo, since I know 2cute has been so patiently waiting.

Hope you enjoyed them and I will pop in tomorrow for a big long chat. I'm going to bed!
  • I only have a couple minutes this morning as I have to run dh to work so I can babysit again today.

Tina: Great do! I can see your face is definitely getting thinner. Looks like the Tonester got straight out of bed and came to the signing! You'll have to tell him next time you have a friiend that knows his Aunt Gayle! Maybe it will get you in even better with him. Ain't this early morning stuff the pits!!!!!

Sandy: Gosh, I never knew there was such a melodious voice in our group and lyrically talented too I see! Your dinner sure sounded better than mine. What a nightmare last night!

TOM jumped on my back (kind of literally) and I am dying this am. I have been popping advil like candy. I do not know why my body is betraying me so. I admit to almost being 50. I don't deny I am an old lady so why doesn't it just give me a break and stop this nonsense.

Well Ladies, I will pop back in later today after I get back from dd's and get my mall walk in.

Donna
  • Good Morning Girlie Friends,
    Great pictures Tina!!! And love the hair. Get some well needed sleep g/f, I would be so exauhsted.
    Donna, good luck babysitting today and have fun with gs.

My day ahead: Gotta get off this darn puter and do atleast a 1 1/2 on the tape and then jump in the shower and get ready for work. My day actually started at 5 a.m to kick hubby out of bed cause he was leaving for the weekend for icefishing with all his brothers and couple of buddies. Oh 7 men going fishing for a weekend, talk about testosterone flowing. Sorry Lucky they are all pretty much taken. Anyway, I kicked hubby out of bed then could not get back to sleep so I got up had coffee with him, then time to get the kids up for school and fed and all that good ole stuff. Then we all say our goodbyes and see you on Sundays, my little boy has tears in his eyes cause he really wanted to go away with the guys (my heart is ripping out for him) but he is having 3 friends stay tonight for a bday party sleepover and movies tomorrow. So, I finally get everyone out the door and here I sit thinking I got to hurry up and do my exercise before I talk myself out of it because of the time. But had to check in with my buddies, after all it was me that sang a sad song last night.

Probably won't be able to pop in till tonight, but will try.

Hugs to all,
    Sandy
  • Well thank you all so much for the warm welcome. It feels great to be a part of something again. It has a been along time. It seems like I just kind of get lost and stuck and cant change things. I dont what set me off this time, but I am feeling great and am going to make it this time. In my last reply I said that it had been 2 yrs since I was in WW well it has been 4, so no wonder I gained it all back and then some. This time I will lose and lose and lose. I think I can, I think I can! I will. Anyway, thanks for all the support. As soon as I figure out how to use 3fc again, maybe I will post more. How do I get a pic with my screenname??
    beginning weight 1999 350
    after WW 1999 298
    beginning weight now 362
    goal somewhere under 200
  • Hey ladies. How is everyone this morning? Me, well getting ready for a hectic weekend. I work 33 hours the next 3 days so I dont know how much I"m going to be able to be around. But even if I dont have the energy to post, I'll check in every night to at least say hey and catch up with the reading.

Tina=-I LOVE your new do! And Tony isnt so bad either, LoL.

Well thats all I have time for. I'll be back around 9pm or so tonight. Have a wonderful OP day.
  • Hi everybody! It's been a crazy week. Sorry to have been AWOL. I was a 'showgirl' last weekend and got to see Chicago. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but that wasn't it. Others have really loved it, I found it just a small step above Moulin Rouge, which I didn't like either. We also saw Agent Cody Banks. It was cute and any of you with kids, I'm sure they will enjoy it. The audience of the show that I was checking was 75% under the age of 17.

My eatting has still been out of control. WI (not Wisconsin) on Monday was a disaster, UP 2 pounds! I'm so sick of this, but can't seem to take the first step in the direction of weightloss.

I know I owe responses to all of you, but I just don't have the time, I'm sorry.

Deon: Welcome to our little corner of the board. When you were here before, were you on this thread? I looked through my cards and didn't find you listed. Now you may think I'm neurotic or something, but since I've been here from the beginning, people have come and gone and come again and it makes it easier for this old brain that I write people down. You asked about a picture (called avatar) by your screenname. What you need to do is go to the top of the page, find the button that says "User CP", then "Edit Options", then go down to "Avatar" and you can pick one. Hope that helps.

Tina: I love the haircut! It looks great! I bet you feel wonderful!!

Mary: I kept waiting by the phone, hoping you'd call. I figured if I was too late getting my phone number to you, that you'd have called information while you were here, I'm listed. Anyway, I'm glad you're home safe. [[[hugs]]]

I really do have to run. You all behave yourselves. It sure sounds like most of you are doing great!
  • Thin: thanks so much for telling me how to get avatar. I love it. It was actually about 4 yrs ago that I was here, and I can't remember what thread I was on. But I will jump all around. I had a friend that introduced me to 3fc and her screenname was duckriley. You may remember her. I hope to stay here awhile this time. Everyone is so nice.
  • Deon: Sorry, don't remember your friend either. This particular thread has been around since July 2000. I used to post in the WW area too, but found I had no time to keep up with both threads properly so have made this one my exclusive home for the last year or so. * You're very welcome on the avatar subject. It's nice to see color under your name instead of an empty space!
  • Hey there my chick-ee-poohs,
    I'm alive and kicking even with these 4 boys, and nope I'm not kicking any of them yet. They are actually all pretty quiet, they are all in the livingroom with me and watching Sponge Bob.

Deon, so happy you decided to stay, we love new people, I love to post, I am a major chatter box you will find and I love it when everyone posts a lot too cause it keeps me encouraged.

Thin, I'm so happy to see you!!!

Ravyn, good luck with the 33 hours you have to put in the next 3 days, don't overwork yourself.

Love ya all,
    Sandy
  • Hey sweeties!
    How are all my lovelies this fine afternoon? Well, let's see if we can actually get through a post without mentioning a certain person, shall we?

Ok, let's give an update. Food has been pretty good. I hate to say it, but I've not been watching my points lately. Not to say I've been overdoing it, I've just got a little lax. A couple of days ago, we went out to eat and I was not very good. I had a few things that I should not have had, but I didn't beat myself up about it and I exercised to make up for it. (4 mile WATP) The day after that, I was VERY good. I ate out twice that day and did very well. Stayed right within my points. I also went shopping at Walmart yesterday and got me some work out pants and a tank top. The work out pants are size 18-20! Now, someone who wears....say a size 7, and has always been a size 7 (saying that quickly before Sara smacks me upside the head) would not appreciate and might even be shocked at someone who is actually happy to wear a size 18. But, when you've been wearing a size 26-28 for God only knows how long, an 18 almost feels like heaven!

Ok, on to replies:

These will probably be brief and I'm sorry if I forget anyone, but I can't go back to read the other thread, because the computer is acting screwy today.

Kat: Thanks so much for the compliment on my hair. I really like it and am so glad to get some of this mop cut off my head. They took about 6-7 inches and I sure can feel the difference. For all his squawking about keeping my hair long, dh sure does like it now. I'm sorry about taking so long to let you guys see it, but I just had pictures taken.

kidmeister: So nice to have you here with us. I don't think we have been properly introduced. My name is Tina and I'm fighting the battle of the bulge just like most of these ladies on this thread. You've chosen a wonderful place to visit and I hope you call it home. You'll find some wonderful friends here that can offer amazing support. When I thank the Lord for all my blessings, these ladies here are at the top of the list. Post and post often, that's the best way to get to know you. P.S. I'm the one that's always talking about Nascar and a certain driver in particular! Sorry ladies, you can't bust me on this yet. I DID NOT mention any names.

2cute: Alright woman! I posted the picture of the haircut....where is my response from you? I'm patiently waiting...(taps foot) Also, thanks for all the amazing stories you've been posting lately. The one about the icecream was so awesome, I printed it out. I love you lady.

Thin: Sounds like you have been a busy little "showgirl" this week. I have to say that I do agree with you about Moulin Rouge and Chicago. Of course, I probably have no business saying that, because I haven't seen either one. I'm just not interested in those kinds of movies. I tried to watch Moulin Rouge when it came on HBO and I got through 15 minutes (if that) and gave up.

Ravyn: You sound like me working all those hours. Try not to work too hard and pop in and see us sometime, ok?

Sandy: That is so weird!! We must be living parallel lives or something. My dh is going fishing this weekend too and I'm have a birthday get together for my son Trey on Saturday too. When is your little one's birthday? Mine's is March 11th. Mine, as we speak is running around the house singing, "Mama likes to fry bacon naked...." First of all, I don't even fry bacon and secondly, if I did...I certainly would not do it naked. Of course, dh had to run through and started singing, "Loving mama's like frying bacon naked....she tastes so good, but she can burn ya!" Isn't it nice around my house?

Donna: Bless your heart sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that you feel bad. TOM kills me. I think we all can attest to the fact that it is NO fun. Feel better soon. By the way, when you mentioned that a certain person looked like he just got out of the bed and went to the appearance, I don't have a problem with that at all. That's actually part of his charm.
    Sorry ladies....I still haven't mentioned any names!

Michelle: So, do my ears deceive me? Did I hear that you are going back to WW? I am so proud of you girl. I knew you just needed to take time to do the things you needed to do before you hopped back on the wagon. We ALL have to sometimes. Just keep up the good work though and remember, I am ALWAYS behind you.

Duckie: First of all, you are NOT bad. We love you just like you are. Don't feel like you have to individually reply to everyone. You don't. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. It's all a matter of time. Sometimes I have something to say to only a few and sometimes I don't. We just like to hear from you and want to know how you're doing. When I get stressed out with dh, bills, work, kids...etc, sometimes I don't make it here either, or sometimes I come here and complain. We're not just here for weightloss support. As you know, we talk about a lot of different things. That's what friends do. Also, sorry to hear about your little one. I hope he's feeling better soon.

Mary: I'm sorry you missed Thin while you were in Michigan. That would have been really fun for you guys to meet up. With the hard time you've been going through lately, it's only normal that you food has not been normal. I sure will be glad when you get your computer back and we see you more than in a couple of sentences. Take care.

Lucky: I love you. I miss you. If you come out and post, I'll talk dirty to you. Or at least post you a couple of nice pictures of some nasty looking men. Nasty=hot. Keep your head up and don't forget me....I'm your little Nascar buddy, remember?

Sara:It was so cool reading your 1st post ever on the board. I think, if it's possible, I would like to go back and find my first post. Very inspiring.....you've come a long way indeed, baby!

Baylee: Hey lady! How are you doing? Still keeping up with your T.O.P.S meetings? You have been on such a tear lately....I am so proud of you. How much have you lost in total?

J-ann: Where in the heck are you girl? I miss you....come on out and play.

Oh Lord....I think I'm finally finished. If I left anyone out, I sincerely apologize but I think my brain is about to explode. I'm hopping off here for now and I'm gonna go put on my new workout clothes and do just that...work out. I think I'll be going for the 3 mile WATP this evening. Don't forget, I'll not be ignoring you this weekend, I will be at the race in Atlanta! If you happen to think of it, turn it on and look for me. I'm sure you know what color I'll be wearing....

I am so proud of me because I have made this extremely long post and I have yet to mention a certain person's name.
    But I must confess, I'm about to explode. Watch out! Here she blows!!!!!

TONY!

WHEW....I feel better now.
  • Tina, there you are!!!!
    Hope you have a blast at the race this weekend. My sons birthday is actually Saturday, so we are celebrating, that is if I make it through tonight with 4 boys, he turns 11 tomorrow and the rest are 11 already they are currently in his room listening to his new CD he got "the edited version of 8 mile" I know a strict mom, but can't help it the swears that come from the Eminems mouth are ungodly.
    Congrats on the size 18-20, I can't wait for that day!!! I want to buy a pair of jeans that actually have a zipper and a button instead of elastic waist.

Well girls gotta go play referee!!!
    Sandy
  • Hello my lovies.
    Yes I have the computer back. Now I have to reload all my programs. I made sure and reloaded my internet connection first and my anti-virus software.

Thin I didn't get your number before I left. Things were so hectic. I tried calling info but I couldn't remember where you said you were except a suburb of Detroit. We will be getting back up there though.

Food has been terrible and I got up today with a terrible headache. I think it maybe my blood pressure. I went to get my hormones refilled and my perscription had expired so I had to get a newone.

Well I better go for now. I'll try to chat tomorrow.
  • Tina I have felt crappy all week and here is my excuse - I have a pail lined with a plastic bag sitting by me!!!!! I think I am in the throws of that flu....

Anyway, I love your hair cut and hmmmmm if you could get that cute guy in the picture you posted to talk dirty to me ...oh, wait...then I would NEVER have the time to post.

I will do my best to post and catch up tomorrow...I promise.

I HATE the stomach flu!!!!!!!!
  • Lucky I hope you are feeling better today!! Hey I can talk DIRTY to you! Dirty dishes, dirty floor, dirty bathroom, dirty laundry>>>
    The list goes on!!

And YES TINA....you heard me right...I went back...I have to get this poundage off my arse! I can feel it following me around again...I hate that feeling! So far I have been doing good...getting in my water and food wise...just not exercise wise! And I have a recipe idea for yas ~~ I just took a big can of chicken broth and threw it in a pot and I found these frozen bags of country soup vegetables and threw them in and walaa...zero point veggie soup! The veggies tasted great! I have been taking the soup to work with one of those little itty bitty lean cuisine entrees and the soup sure fills me up...those little entrees sure DON'T!!

Deon welcome to our group! You picked a great bunch of ladies to help you along your journey! They are the BEST!

Mary glad to hear you got your 'puter back! My mom just blew up her monitor the other night! Smoke and all was pouring out of it...so she is waiting for my brother in law to come over and check it out today!!

4 boys huh....Sandy? Thats what I have to look forward to!! Ah geesh....I can't wait! Did you manage to survive the night?

Donna...I think it was you that asked about the starbucks frappaccino java fudge bars...I got them in the supermarket...and I double checked the points and yup...just 2 points per bar and well worth it...much more so than those skinny cow sundaes!! The chocolate in the center is so gooey and chewy! Even Andrew likes them...I have to wait till he is asleep before I have one or I have to share!!

Thin...you will get back on track...just sit and relax for a bit and think about the journey ahead...break it into small jaunts...one day at a time...take one step per day...drink your water one day, then the next and add all your fruits in that day then keep adding one more thing each day until it becomes routine...I have to do the exercise thing and I just am sooo not motivated for that! Once the weather breaks I will take andrew out for a walk each morning....I loved walking when I lost the weight before!

Ravyn what do you do for work? I would dread those hours!!

I think I got everyone so far???? I hope I didnt' forget any of you!

Well, I managed to to get my first assignment done in my nurtrition class and it ain't even due until the 17th! I don't want to get behind this semester...I have 5 classes...Accounting II, Nutrition, American Cinema, Principles of Management and Children's Literature! Phew...I just exhausted myself!

Well I gotta run this morning...Have to get in the shower and get the boy fed and dressed and do some DIRTY DISHES!

TTFN Michelle