3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Are you looking forward to summer? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/252420-you-looking-forward-summer.html)

deblosingit 02-07-2012 09:08 AM

Are you looking forward to summer?

If I continue to make progress with my weight loss this will be the first summer in 10 years that I will be at a normal weight. I'm wondering how my body will handle the summer heat. Will it be different? I'm enjoying thoughts of sleeveless tops, tank tops, shorts and maybe even a bathing suit.

I'm hoping that I won't have the heat intolerance I did when I was heavy. I hope the sweating, fatigue, and rashes are a thing of the past. It's going to be wonderful to be able to enjoy the weather rather than seeking out air conditioning all the time!

I feel like I've missed out on so much of life because my weight made it difficult and at times dangerous to be in the heat. So, I'm using these thoughts as motivation to stick with it and keep working hard. This summer is going to be great!!

sontaikle 02-07-2012 09:40 AM

Yes. So much yes.

My arms look great and I've been working hard on them. I've been working hard on my abs too. But yesterday I realized that I can wear those tiny shorts a lot of girls wear. I've always wanted to wear those but I never could. Get here already summer!!

FWIW I found it a lot easier to deal with the summer when I was lighter. I wasn't at my goal weight this summer and was still technically overweight for it, but I did lose a significant enough amount that it was much more pleasurable than usual!

congrats on your weight loss!! :)

freelancemomma 02-07-2012 10:23 AM

Summer clothes, winter clothes, I love 'em all now that I've shed 50 pounds. I spent $3,000 to overhaul my wardrobe last year. (I also got a new gig that requires a lot of business travel, so that was my second excuse.) Superficial or not, I love picking out clothes to wear every morning!

F.

JoJoP 02-07-2012 10:52 AM

YES! I should be at my goal weight by then, and I look forward to fitting back into the bikini I used to wear =)

...although going on the treadmill in the summer will be a pain ~_~ I sweat like a horse haha

Riddy 02-07-2012 11:29 AM

YES!!!

I'm hoping to be near goal in summer, and I'm looking forward to buying some cute new skorts. I've been cold all winter, so I really hope the heat doesn't bother me as much as it used to. And by losing all this weight, I'll be improving the performance of my sports car. :D:D:D

Is it summer yet?!?!

StephanieM 02-07-2012 11:51 AM

Yes! Last summer I was pregnant and felt huge and hot all the time. This summer I plan on looking good! I have a year off for maternity leave and soon as the snow is gone and the sun is out a bit more I want to go for daily stroller walks, which I'm sure will help with the weight loss more.

I'm pumped for summer!

flashfacts 02-07-2012 11:54 AM

Yes! I haven't worn shorts in years and I'm hoping that I will feel confident enough to do so this year. But even last year, when I spent the summer in the 180s to 170s, was an amazing improvement over the year before at my higher weight. Sweating was much less of an issue and I didn't get any sores on my legs the whole summer. It was amazing.

rachaelm 02-07-2012 12:02 PM

Yes. I will be far from goal, but I am so excited to see how much more weight I will have lost by then!

Oh, reading others posts, I will be glad to see if my sweating is a little more normal or temperature appropriate this summer. Wouldn't that be nice?!

Munchy 02-07-2012 12:12 PM

I'm not excited yet, but I'm hoping to lose these last ten (maybe even fifteen) lbs so that I have less flab covering my arm muscles, lol.

I always hated summer and the only year I was really fit, I liked it much more (even though I had some self-esteem issues and didn't recognize how fit I actually was).

I'm on a mission!

Kitcherella 02-07-2012 01:57 PM

Ohhh YES!!! Summer :sunny: I don't work in the summer so I will have more time to exercise and swim! :swim:
I will not be at goal yet but I will have lost quite a bit and I will look far better than last year. I have a photo from last summer in a bathing suit which would scare all living souls into eating better.
Ahhh, lying on the beach :beach: , stop being afraid to get into the canoe in fear of getting stuck, restarting windsurfing and rewarding myself with diving lessons!
By the way, it is snowing right now. :(

krampus 02-07-2012 02:32 PM

YES. This has nothing to do with my weight, but I love summer and I live for it. Being able to leave work knowing I have several hours of daylight to run and walk outside, knowing that festivals and concerts are just around the corner, sitting at patio bars into the wee hours and walking home without freezing? Bring it on!

LandonsBaby 02-07-2012 02:37 PM

Well, I could gaine 50lbs and still look forward to summer. I hate and loath winter!

Lambiechop 02-07-2012 03:02 PM

Yes! I live for summer. I'm biting the bullet this year and I will wear shorts and tank tops.

Ramra 02-07-2012 03:20 PM

I am SO excited for this summer. I was excited for this summer before last summer even ended! I've been stocking up on summer clothes I'll finally be able to wear.

SparkleBE 02-07-2012 03:24 PM

Yes!! I love summer! Being able to walk outside and feel the sun on my face, going swimming in a lake, and summer clothes! Yay! I loooove summer clothes. Even at my high weight, I wore shorts, tank tops and sundresses. This year it’ll be a lot easier to find ones that fit :) I’m so looking forward to it and I’m already having trouble resisting the spring/summer clothes in stores.