Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #1  

Default One day ata time-FEBRUARY CHALLENGE

Hello Everyone!

Please join us in our One Day At A Time FEBRUARY CHALLENGE. We're a group of ladies who have lost a lot of weight by counting cals, exercising and drinking water. We are setting goals of how much we want to lose (or maintain) in the month of February. We report weekly each Friday morning. Next progress report: Feb. 7. EVERYONE IS WELCOME. (I'm starting one day early, so we have a jump on things.) Are we ready? Let's go.

Our starting weight and goals this month:

Dena - 143 - 5lbs
Kempy-156? - 4 lbs. (Kempy, refresh my memory)
Ebe- 148 - 4 lbs.
Jane - 180 - 5 lbs.
JoJo- 150 - maintain

Anyone else?

Let's do it!

D
Old 01-30-2003, 11:14 AM   #2  

Hey y'all can i join?

i'm so trying to get rid of that last few lbs....

Jen 125- goal for Feb 5 lbs.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks Dena for the pm. I've been busy but I'd like to take this challenge. Is this challenge for the month of February--or just per week in February.
For the whole month of February I pledge 6 pounds.
Per week it's 1.5 pounds.
As of today I weigh 172.5

I've been doing research on the web about nutrition and since then I've found out what I have been doing wrong. Thought it was due to salt/sodium. I know now that it is. An average adult should only have 2500mg per day. I've been posting food in fitday and I have been overdosing big time 6000mg worth. No wonder I've been retaining so much fluid. But I've not been getting enough potassium either to wash out that sodium. I'm going to have to plan ahead. either weekly or daily to meet this requirement
Good luck to all of us loosers.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-30-2003 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:37 AM   #4  

Hey everyone.

Dena I started at 156 you are right. I wasnt to lose 4 lbs for this challenge. I have already gotten down .5 lbs. Hubby told me that if I lose 10 lbs he will take me to Disney World. I have been wanting to go there forever. Boy, what an insentive. There is no time limit for me on this so I am posistive thatI can do it.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:58 AM   #5  

Ceejay, So glad to see you back!! That sodium thing is a killer. Thanks for the update on sodium and potassium. I know I have to watch the salt or I retain water. And I don't get enough potassium, either. No wonder I crave bananas. They have potassium. Oh, for the challenge... it's a monthly goal, but report weekly losses. And we can discuss our daily thoughts, exercises and weightloss tips. Ok, I've got you down for 6 lbs.

Floating rose, so glad you could join us!! I know how hard it is to lose those last few pounds. I need all the incentive I can get. OK, I've got you down for 5 lbs.

So far,

Dena 143 - 5 lbs.
Kempy 156 - 4 lbs.
Ebe - 148 - 4 lbs.
Jane - 180 - 5 lbs.
JoJo - 150 - maintain
Ceejay - 172.5 - 6 lbs.
Floating Rose - 125 - 5lbs.
Raelynn - 203 - 8 lbs.
Joanie - ? - 10 lbs.
Georgette - 170 -

Anyone else?

Last edited by Dena; 02-01-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #6  
ebe
noob

whoa kempy a trip to disney world
nice incentive.........i looooooooooooove disney world!

hey hey TOM is now. i'm soooooooo relieved. yesterday my belly really looked like i was pregnant or something and i felt like a balloon. anyone else get constipated right before that time of the month also......
lovely discussion but it drives me up a wall feeling like theres a soccer ball in my lower belly ya know?

welcome floating rose, nice to have you aboard
Old 01-30-2003, 02:34 PM   #7  

Floating Rose, are you the one that started at 225 lbs.? I wanted to congratulate you before, but didn't get a chance. CONGRATULATIONS!! You are an inspiration.

Ebe, I can so relate to your pants in the dryer story. I did the same thing and now they are tight. I feel extra fat. I hate that. And I get that pregnant feeling for no reason. One day I feel thin, the next I look like I'm 5 months preggers. Us women... what we go through. Men are so lucky and they don't even know it.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:03 PM   #8  

yep dena that was me.... thanks for the congrats!

now for these pesky 5 lbs
Old 01-30-2003, 07:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Good to be back
I've done well on food today. Will be between 1300/1400 calories. My goal range and have done well on salt intake. I don't feel bloated today either.

Exercise= 95 minutes worth. Upper body and walked on the
treadmill

Most all of my water is down.

Ebe Thank God I don't have a period any more but yes I had those same symtoms and it was very uncomfortable--Sometimes even got sick to my stomach.

Kempy--Lucky girl--Going to Disney. Wish I had that for an incentive.

Welcome to all the newbies

Jen--Congratulations on all those pounds lost.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-30-2003 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:54 AM   #10  

Hey, hey, hey...

Here we are... It's the first Friday of the One Day At a Time FEBRUARY CHALLENGE! I'm so excited and I know we're all going to do so well! It's all about eating right, exercising and drinking water. OK, here we go~~

As soon as I leave here, I'm going to eat my waffle for breakfast, exercise to a video and take my vitamins. So I'll be off to a good start. Tonite hubby and I are going out to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, so I better start looking up calories for restaurants on the web. I wonder if they have anything for Outback here. (My stomach is growling and I"m already salivating thinking about burgers.) I'll try to hit the gym this afternoon and I know I will walk over the weekend.

Ceejay, great job on the calories and super congrats on your workout routine!! Wow, 90 minutes... excellent job!! I'm so glad your back with us. This new challenge is what we needed.

Floating Rose, tell us how you got started losing weight and how you lost 100 POUNDS!!!! I'm so impressed. Great to have you with us.

Kempy, wooo hooo disneyworld!! What incentive to lose those last 10 lbs. What a nice, supportive hubby. Congrats on losing .5 already. Wow, only 3.5 to go this month. So what are you doing this weekend?

Ebe, my exercise hero. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have tried the elliptical. I was always afraid it was too hard or thought it was for the super skinny girls. (That's who goes on them at my gym.) Now I try for 20 minutes every time I'm there. And sometimes I'm not always in the mood, but I get on anyway. (Any plans for the weekend?)

Jane, how are you doing? You're an inspiration getting out in the freezing cold, walking at night with serial killers on the loose. It's not easy being good with all the responsibilities of work and family! This challenge will help us all to stick with it.

Jo Jo, how are you? I love your positivism and consistency. So, now that your are retired, what do you do for hobbies there in Wyoming?

Georgette, don't forget to post your weekly losses here. All of us gals here are a supportive group and are so glad you could join us!

OK, it's time for me to get busy. HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!! And have a great weekend!

Luv, D
Old 01-31-2003, 11:45 AM   #11  
Happy Member

Hi, everyone. Thanks for starting the new thread, Dena. I'm still 'maintaining' and doing it just like I am supposed to - one day at a time.

My goals, drink that water, munch those veggies, watch the portion size, exercise regularly and keep smiling -

Have fun, friends
Old 01-31-2003, 01:41 PM   #12  
ebe
noob

eeeeeeeeeeeeep i am having a bad day......

bf and i have been having "discussions" lately....and we've basically decided that the best thing is some time apart right now...
soooooooooooooooooo i get to move to florida. its been coming for a while due to a few different circumstances in our lives right now but i just feel like i'm going to throw up and cry.....

i have to call my mom later this afternoon and see where i can live. sucks, i've lived here for 2 years and we've been together for 7 years and never been apart for more than a week...this will be very strange...i know its for the best but it hurts so much right now. blah

on the plus side all i want to do is go to the gym and run on the treadmill. last night i so crapped out on my workout i just got there and found i had no energy to do anything. today i need some mindless exertion.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:59 PM   #13  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Hi I'd love to join in on the challenge. My goal for February is to lost 8 lbs, I want to be 195 by the end of the month.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:41 PM   #14  

ebe,

It's time to do something nice for yourself! Go out shopping! Try on some clothes, go window shopping.. anything to get your mind off things. Buy some bubble bath or shower lotion. Get your nails done. It's time for you and a new change.

I'm sorry this happened. But I bet every one of us on this board went through boyfriend problems.

We're all rooting for you. At least, your family is supportive. That's good. You get to live in a brand new place, with a brand new job and brand new friends.

Take care,

Luv, D

Last edited by Dena; 01-31-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:46 PM   #15  

Hi Raelynn!

So glad you could join us! We're a very supportive group of gals, all exercising, drinking water and eating right (counting cals or watching portions.)

Okay, so we've got you down for 8 lbs. for February.

Keep us posted and tell us how you are doing.

Luv, D
Closed Thread