Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 10:03 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #69

Stay at home Mom's #69

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #68 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 02-18-2003, 10:11 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!
Well, it is just me, bouncing off the walls here.........I do not know what is wrong with me, just feeling a wee bit hyper. I did have a diet Snapple at 3 pm- usually that is not too late in the day for me to have caffeine. The only other thing that I can figure out is that I am eating better- and that that has finally caught up with me- now that I am mostly all better. All I know is that I have everyone in bed, and I just finished washing the kitchen floor. I must be nuts or something like that......... and yes the floor was dirty! And so is the rest of my house.
I did not get too much done today- with all the kids still home from the heavy snow. It is going to take me days to get the house dug out from the mess.......if ever!

Tomorrow is my first WI!!! (who would have ever thought I would be excited about getting on a scale!). I have not been perfect this week- but for the most part pretty good. I admit it was hard keeping track of points with that stomach bug- and I am still not eating normally. But I figure that I was most likely under points for the past 2 days- and of course had no points the day I was sick , so that should make up for my lack of activity this week. I'll let you know how I fared on my WI tomorrow.
Hope to hear from all of you soon!!!!!!
Have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 02-19-2003, 12:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

I'm just a little past the lurking stage here, so I'll make this a quick one. Ginny: I'm sorry to hear that you were under the weather. (No pun intended.) Or should I say under the "SNOW". I wish we would have some of that white stuff out our back door. We had to drive 4 hours to find it here in Wisconsin. I've been thinking about you a lot lately & wonder how you're doing with all that snow. I hope that you're feeling better in no time, as you deserve only the best. My snowmobile trip was a lot of fun. We had I think 13 families that went. Not all of us went snowmobiling though. I went for only one of the days & spent the rest of time resting or in the pool. I did manage to break in the engine on my new snowmobile though & put on 56 miles with the gang. (Just to keep DH happy)
We had our own condo unit this year & it was so peaceful! The kids had the upstairs & that's where most of the mess stayed. I didn't worry about the mess 'til it was time to go home. Oh...so relaxing!! Well, now it's back to thee old grind stone of laundry & housework at home. OH BOTHER! Tut, Tut, it looks like rain. (At least in Ginny's direction it does.) Spryng:
It sounds as though you're feeling quite well lately. I'm so happy for you! Your decorating projects sound awesome! I'd love to see some pictures of the rooms someday too. Well gals, DH is bugging me to come to bed. So I better get going for now. Bye!
Old 02-19-2003, 01:11 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!
Jackie- gee your trip sounds like so much fun!!!!!!! I have never been snowmobiling- (maybe I should take up that instead of driving a school bus!) but it sounds great. Glad that you got some much deserved relaxation in. Hope that the laundry pile goes down soon!!!!!! And.....how is your business doing? Fill us in, ok? Thanks too for being such a sweetie and your encouraging words. As you well know- I am the president of the "Jackie fan club" so the feeling is mutual. You deserve only the best!

I went to my WI this am and am down 5.6#! Ok, it was week one - and most of it is water but I do feel better and can see the loss a bit (tiny bit........)
Well, this is another busy day- I hope to check in again later.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-19-2003, 07:03 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello after dinner.....I am so far ending my day under points (but honestly, I am not hungry!!!!!!) I hope to get out for a walk in a few minutes, probably just 20 minutes or so. I have not been out in a few days (since Friday or Saturday, I think).

Guess I had better scoot- hope to hear from all of you soon!!
Ginny
Old 02-19-2003, 10:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi ALL!

Ginny 5 lbs lost is so GREAT!! Doesn't matter if it was watr or not it's still a fantastic loss and I can tell you are psyked by it!!! Sounds like your body is adapting well to WW and I really think this is going to be the "ONE" that will get you to your goal.

Jackie- sounds like your trip was tons of fun!! I've never been snow mobiling or skiing, but it sounds like fun. By the way, what new business did you start? Everyone wanted to know.

My day has been ok. I cleaned my room while the kids napped. (it was beyond messy) Now we actually have a floor!!! I knew it was there somewhere. Tomorrow I have to have my kitchen in perfect order because the guy who is installing our floor is coming to look over it and we'll probably go ahead and start getting things out of there and painting. This whole project is set for this weekend but I had a family member call tonight and tell me how Stupid I was to think I can have our cabinets stained and finished by then. I went to tons of do it yourself sites and since the cabinets are unfinished all it said to do was stain them and then apply pollyurethane (sp?) and that was it. The satin dries very fast and the pollyurethane will take over night but that is still within our time frame. I've never did this before but he told me it will be a process of two weeks at least. Is that true?? Then how on that TLC show Trading Spaces can they stain and finish in one day????? It always looks good to me! Have any of you done this before??? Please help! Everything is bought and waiting. We'll paint tomorrow, do the cabinets on friday, have the floors laid saturday and then we'll start putting in the cabinets saturday evening or sunday morning. Install the counters as soon as the cabinets are in place, install the dishwasher and Voila! We'll have a kitchen! Does this sound doable? To me it does but I've never done anything like this before and neither has DH. He knows how to install the cabinets and counters and dishwasher though. Just doesn't know if it will take all day or what.
Well, enough about that. But I feel ok. Baby is moving where I can see him through my shirt (the movements) and he's been mega active ALL day today for some reason. But it's nice. He's not big enough to hurt yet. (knock on wood)
Guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone has a peaceful night.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:13 AM   #7  
One day at a time.

Well, Here I am!

I went to my DR. appt yesterday, it was great! I really like my new DR. and guess what!?! I go for an ultrasound today~ because my DR. think I'm farther along ~ OR ~ Maybe more than one baby in there??? I'll let y'all know!!! Everything was fine though, I did hear a heart beat while there yesterday!

Spryng, It was my first appt. I guess because I was almost 8 weeks when we found out? Any way, I don't know why they make you wait, but it was so great to finally hear the baby and know that every thing is alright! Ya know, put to rest some of those worries!

Ginny, Way to go girl! That is a great loss for week 1~!!! Keep it up, but be careful not eating at least your minimum points can send your body into starvation mode and make it hold onto every morsel you eat. We want you to be healthy!

Jackie, how exciting! Snowmobiling sound like so much fun!!! The only thing we do here is play on 4 wheelers!?! But that's pretty fun, especially when we get a few inches of snow!

Oh well ladies, I better get myself in gear and get some work done before my appt.

TTYL
Old 02-20-2003, 11:55 AM   #8  

Your appointment sounded great Mel! Let usknow how the ultrasound goes ok? I had to have one for that reason too. My uterus measured 4 weeks ahead of where I was. but only one baby was in there. My midwife said I measure bigger because this is my third baby and it's normal for me. The baby isn't large, right on target. He just has alot of room in there! lol But I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes.
Well, I'm only on here briefly today. I am cleaning like a mad women. The men who will be installing our flooring Saturday came today to look over it. My DH is going to have so much work to do tonight! He has to pull up all the carpet and make sure the subflooring is very very smooth and then yank up all the floor trim and such. Take down shelves, move out an entire Cabinet base, etc. I see him being up to the wee hours because he doesn't even get off work until 7 pm. Poor guy. But at least it is saving us money by doing it ourselves (everything but putting down the linoleum ourselves) so he is content with that. But I'm getting all the laundry done (we'll be without our washer and dryer until sunday probably) and getting all the dishes done and put away so he can take out the cabinets. Lots of work. I feel the day escaping me already. Hopefully I'll be back on tonight. Does any of you have a response to my question about cabinet staining and sealing??
Have a great day!!
Old 02-20-2003, 05:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick message to Spryng & then I'm off. I think you'll be a little pressed for time. You could finish in time, but the dust from laying the flooring may stick to the cabinets. Good Luck with your project!
Old 02-20-2003, 06:04 PM   #10  
One day at a time.

Default No Change!?!

Hello again!

Well Spryng, I guess I'm going through the same thing you experienced? No twins, and no change in dates but I do know when the baby will arrive because I'm having a repeat C-section. I'll be a new mom again on August 25th!!! Unless of coarse he tried to make a grand entrance early? My Ds tried to come 6 weeks early, but the were able to stop my labor with meds and I delivered him on time but had problems, so I ended up having an emergency C-section. I was thinking of trying for a VBAC this time, but after talking with my OB, she thinks that I'd be better to have a C-section, due to all of the problems we had with my son.
Anyway, the baby looks great, and was very active! It was still too soon to see what the sex is, but we'll find out in 6-8 week at the next ultrasound.

Thats it for me ladies, time to get din-din started!

Have a good evening!
Old 02-20-2003, 06:34 PM   #11  

HI All!
Jackie where is the dust coming from? We are laying linoleum. The underlayment is already there from the previous floor so all we have to do is rip up the carpet and get the extra glue off. There's not going to be any sanding going on. We are doing the cabinets at DH's uncles garage. But maybe I'm wrong. Where is the dust coming from? Thanks for letting me know! I feel like DH and I know what we are getting ourselves into because we've read tons of "how-tos" on it all but that doesn't mean we might miss something. So any input is appreciated!!
Mel! How exciting to see your baby!! What was his/her heart beat at? Was it active? Did it make the pregnancy feel that much more real? I won't get another U/S unless I develop a problem which I am hoping not. But I treasure the video I got and the print outs. I never got a video with my other two. The hospital I was going through then had issues with that. But this one loves to do the video. It was very neat to share it with DH's family.
Well, I'm about done cleaning for today. Kitchen is done. Laundry is getting there. It was nice to think that today may be the last time I have to handwash anything. Ahhh...relief.
Well I hope everyone is having a great OP day!!
Old 02-20-2003, 10:12 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!
Gee, it is so great to see all the posts.

Spryng- go to HGTV's web site and either leave your question at one of the boards (probably remodeling) or- just search under "finishing cabinets" and see what you find. We have done some of this before.....so here is my input (and I could be wrong)-
the cabinets might need a bit of sanding (light) before staining. If they do not feel very smooth upon arrival- you'll have to do that. Use a tack cloth after any step that involves sanding to get the dust off. You might find that you need to apply the stain more than once- and that depends on your personal taste and the stain. We have done lots of projects that just one coat of stain has given the color we were looking for. One way that you could get your cabinets up over the weekend (even if you use several coats of polyurethane) is to hang them- and install the doors later. Chances (unless you decide to use the water solvent polyurethane- which does dry in 2-3 hours (approx) are you will need time for several coats of the stuff- kitchen cabinets take a lot of abuse and you will want a lot of protection on them.
Apply the poly- let it dry- lightly sand with a fine steel wool- wipe with a tack cloth- and then more polyurethane. My guess would be 2 3- coats of the stuff......but again it is all personal taste. On our railing (which of course is handled a lot....that is what it is meant to do!) I think I put on 4 coats- but it needed a very strong finish on it. So, long story short.......if it was me, I would put up the cabinets without the doors (then they are in place and can be put into use) and then work on the doors when you get time. Glad that the baby is being active.......oh, it is so much fun!

Mel- I am so excited for you too!!!! So, Aug 25 is your date. I am happy for you that you had a sono- so much fun to see the baby!!!!!

Jackie-busy again, but then that is life for us these days!!!!!!!
Just (please) remember to get some time in for you....and of course remember to take care of your health/your meds. Fill us in with the details of your life when you get a chance.

As for me.......the insanity continues. Busy......and more busy. I can hardly believe that tomorrow is Friday. I still have not gotten in a walk (bummer)- but have not slept well and felt that as sick as I have been that the sleep was important. But I will fix that tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was too busy to log my points today- but have been very good with my eating and am not worried.
Well, I will head upstairs to make breakfast......yes at 10pm!
I'm making a nice french toast casserole (only 3 points per serving) that all I have to do tomorrow is bake it and have an easy breakfast for the family.
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 02-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just me again, blabbering away.............
Well, I did get up at 5 and get that walk in!!!!! Maybe that is why I am so hyper.......... And as much as it felt so good to sleep......I feel pretty good now. There is noone to respond to, so I will summarize my WW meeting. It was all about beliefs- good ones and bad ones. The bad ones being stuff like...I can't stop eating......have no will power.........blew it this morning so the whole day/week is shot.......I did not journal today and so journalling is not going to work out........ And then there are the empowering beliefs the good ones!!!!! You know, the "you can do it"- even the baby steps that we all take to stay "OP". Oh, the one really bad belief she mentioned- the "oh, I have so much weight to lose, how will I ever do it one pound a week/or at a time". Well, of course that is hogwash- add up 50 weeks at one pound at a time and that is 50 pounds of blubber gone!!!!!!!!!
Hey, if I lost 50 pounds I would be below goal for me..... which I still have a long way to get to........
Gotta go pay a bill! Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 02-21-2003, 11:42 AM   #14  
One day at a time.

Morning ladies!

I think yesterday ended up being one of my best days, so far, this pregnancy! Well, all of the excitement of the ultrasound had us pretty hyped up all day! I'll be glad when my headahes start getting better though, but I know that it's just those darn hormones that are getting me!?!

Spryng, the babies heartbeat was 155-160, and yes, it was very active! At first it was sleeping but woke up as the tech was getting finish, and started turning and kicking. It was so amazing, it's been so long since I've gone through this, so I feel like it's all new to me. And my DH was in AWE that the baby is already so active. It really made it so much more real, especially for him! We're on cloud nine! And my DR. will be doing another on in 6-8 weeks too, just to check on the baby, so we'll find out what we're having at that time!!!!

Ginny, WTG getting up for that walk! What an inspiration you are! I'm gonna start walking with a friend next week, and I'm also going sit in on a WW meeting just to catch up with my friends! Thanks for the inspiring words!

Well, I'm off to do some cleaning!
Old 02-21-2003, 07:30 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!!
Well, I came online to avoid a crisis..........I am at my points level for today, and another slice of pizza was calling my name. So here I sit, herbal tea in hand and waiting for the diet jello to set.
Guess that is an action plan!!!!!

Melissa-hope that you got some cleaning done!!!! Great that you are feeling better, entering the 2nd trimester used to do that for me. And also at 12 weeks....... well getting out of the first trimester is just so important!!!!! I am so happy for you!! And excited too! Enjoy this special time!!

Just a quick question for anyone familiar with WW. I have not attended enough meetings to know this yet- but how many points "credit" do I get for my half hour walk today??? I tried to go online - but that is for subscribers only........boo hoo!!!

Well, the crisis has past. I had better finish cleaning up the kitchen. Have a great weekend!!!!!
Ginny
Closed Thread