I am so proud!

• I am so happy and so proud of myself just after this first week that I want to cry. I have never been able to stick to something so well. Were eating a lower carb and this first week was great. It's more of a lifestyle change in my eyes though. The hubby wanted pizza last night so we ordered it. Instead of my usual extra cheese and pepperoni I chose to get it with regular cheese and veggies on thin crust. I had a salad before to keep me from eating to much and it worked! Even my much much thinner little sister couldn't believe I was already full lol. I had 2 and a half pieces...this was from dominoes pizza so if you've gotten it before you know its not as big a portion as usual. they cut it into those little squares. I tried to pick out the smallest ones. Anyway I lost almost 11 lbs. this week! I know it's mostly water weight but I don't care! It seems to be working this time! All I know is this time I am not giving up I have to do this not only for myself but for my family too. I can't wait till this time last year...I am so ready to really live my life!
  • Good job sticking to it, that's the key! Keep up your hard work and it will definitely pay off
  • Good job, I'm very happy for you!
    Keep it up!
  • re:
    Nice job!

We have Friday night pizza here too every week, and I too LOVE pepperoni pizza. Every other week or so I have some pizza - just one or two and not four, like I used to.

Something to think about - Lean Cuisine makes a halfway decent pizza, so whenever my husband and son have takeout pizza, I have my own. It's worked out pretty good.

• Congratulations ....
  • Thats awesome. Im so happy for you.
  • Great job!
  • Wonderful! Now you know you CAN stick to it. More success in the future! Changing habits is the main thing, I think.
  • Congratulations on your first week, it sounds like you're doing great! 11 lbs gone... wooohoo!
  • Congratulations! This is my second week at it. We both can do it! Keep it up.
  • That's fantastic- what a great start! It sounds like you are motivated, have a great attitude about what you're doing, and are already finding ways to make it a true lifestyle change you can live with!

I'm so excited for you! Doesn't it feel fantastic to be in control?
  • That's awesome and great motivation!! keep up the good work. congratulations on making a commitment
  • Amazing job!
  • That's great! Congratulations.

Pizza...mmm....I've had it twice in the past 29 weeks and am craving it again right now. It's one of my favorite foods.