Am I doing this subconsciously?

• I let myself go on Maintenance at 161. My goal is 157. I've bounced around within 4 lbs of 161 for 18 months. Mental roadblock maybe???

Someone shove me, or something... this is ridiculous. I want to, no... NEED to see 157. Why am I making this so hard for myself.

It's 4 flipping lbs...

*sigh*
  • Wow, 96 lbs?! I see why you are striving so hard to reach that 100 lb mark, but you have done amazing work so far! 18 months of maintenance is a remarkable feat in itself. I'm sure you will break this plateau!
  • Congratulations on a great loss. You will make it all the way.
  • I am just throwing this out there but if this is a mental thing, you could try to lower your goal and trick yourself. Set a new starting point from your current weight for another ten pounds.
  • Thanks everyone!

dstalks, that's a good idea! I might try it!
  • I'm so with you. I started this saying at like to lose "about 100 lbs" and see where my body would settle on. Well I got to that 100 lbs in Sept 2010 and picked my final goal of 145. And instead I seem to be fighting gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. Is it my body telling me this is the right weight for me? Or did I lose my focus after acheiving the 100 milestone? I really can't say. I'm really happy to be maintaining a monster weight loss but keep thinking about whether or not this is "it".
  • I'm wondering that with the 175 for me. My initial goal was 175. I got there the beginning of December and I decided I could lose more and get down to 160 and I still feel that is doable. I quickly gt to 171 and then the holidays hit... Up I went... And then started to come back down and then it started to go back up again.

Notice it's right at the 100 total pounds lost... What is up with that? I was losing so well and then bam....
  • The 100 lb curse!! So it's not just me. I'm sitting here with my finger over the trigger to change my goal to 147... that just seems so weird... I have no concept of that number haha.
  • Val- lemme just say.. well, you ROCK! Hence, VALROCK!!!!
    Here's to reaching goal & beyond! You are BEAUTIFUL!
  • I concur with reducing your goal a bit, I think it's you psyching yourself out with 100 pounds and a LOT of us do that! I have the same start weight as you and am worried about the same thing, because I know the mental games I play! It's often not intentional, yet the effect exists nonetheless.
  • When you have lost that significant amount.....your mind - your eyes - your brain - your emotions - your whole being - has to catch up. Do you yet catch yourself in the mirror sometimes do a double take? Do you think "hmmmm....I really DID lose weight." "I AM thin." Or, dreadedly, sometimes think "I'm not done yet....there's more to lose...ugh I look fat today?"

I think its normal to just take a moment to "be". You know this is forever. You haven't gone back to horrible past habits and regained any significant amounts. You've put a few on, took a few off, and that is normal. That's what happens to everyone. It could be a night of chinese food laden with sodium or clogged pipes or TOM for us chicks....but we fluctuate. When you've seen a small increase, you've managed to nip it in the budd.

IF you get serious about losing more, you know how to do it....just eliminate a few daily calories. Doesn't even have to be much--you're basically maintaining on what you're doing now...so eliminating a few will eventually make a weight loss.

Don't sweat it. You're figure looks amazing, and you have a gorgeous face. You'll be dieting for the remainder of your life....and if you want to be just a little lighter, you'll muster the strength to do the necessary. You have all the tools and knowledge.
  • Here's to your four pounds plus more lost!