3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Regained 12 pounds :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/251732-regained-12-pounds.html)

emmy13 01-29-2012 06:01 PM

Regained 12 pounds :(

I have been a lurker here and decided to post finally, looking for some advice.

Within the last couple months I got down to 149, only 10 pounds away from my goal. Somehow, I have completely fallen off the wagon and gained 12 pounds back :( I feel awful, and really am not happy with the way I look. I just can seem to get my head back in the game. I almost feel like I need to somehow flip a switch to get re-motivated. Does that even make sense??? When I started my weight loss journey it WAS like a switch was flipped and I just took off and the weight came off with no problems. How to get back there?

I KNOW what I need to do, know what makes me feel good and healthy... why am I stuck?

I have a formal event to go to in March with my husband and I would LOVE to be in the 140's. Even 149.9 ha! Last year at this event I was at my heaviest and looked terrible.

Thanks for reading, any advice or kicks in the butt are welcome ;)

evilwomaniamshe 01-29-2012 06:11 PM

:welcome2: Hello! Just re-start & get back on track & the scale will start a downward trend & that in itself will motivate you to continue on keeping on for the formal & beyond! :) No @ss kick yet, just a happy dancin carrot to motivate you to exercise also! :carrot: You CAN do this, good luck!

twinieten 01-29-2012 06:43 PM

I ask myself this all the time. I want it, so I do I keep messing it up and back sliding? I wish I knew what the magic motivational thing would be.... that dress you want to wear?

Just keep at it, one day at a time. Even if you mess up today, you can try again tomorrow. Eventually, you'll get there. You can do it!

luckymommy 01-29-2012 07:50 PM

I really understand....I haven't updated my ticker. Every time I get close to goal (I was at goal before the holidays), I slip back and then I get back on track and then I slip back again....only after a while, my goal is sipping further and further away from me. I am recommitting. I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm trying to be good to myself because I think positive changes that last come from a place of love and kindness. :)

freelancemomma 01-29-2012 08:08 PM

Just plan to have ONE on-plan day. Make it tomorrow, whether you're motivated or not. Remind yourself that you don't have to feel like doing it in order to do it. Just push yourself through the next 16 waking hours, then ask yourself if you're willing to do it another day. Chances are you'll gain enough momentum to get back on track.

F.

shcirerf 01-29-2012 09:17 PM

The mechanics of losing is simple, eat less move more.

Maintenance is tricky, and a slippery slope. Been there done that, lots of times.

The mental side of losing and maintaining is probably the toughest.

I FINALLY had a LIGHT BULB moment this summer and realized, I needed to redefine "NORMAL" in my mind.

NORMAL for me, means I will always have to watch my food, and I will always have to exercise, or I will be overweight.

NORMAL, does not mean, I can hit the quick trip for the Croissant/latte breakfast with chips for a snack, what ever cafe/fast food for lunch, and so on.

Through all of this, I also made an effort to listen to my body and what it is telling me. I've also learned to love my body.

But, for me, the biggest thing is I decided to quit FIGHTING the process and embrace and love it.

I stay on plan most days, I exercise at least 3 times a week. I work in splurges, for holidays, weddings, etc. I just watch the portion. 1 piece of pumpkin pie won't hurt, the whole pie, bad choice.

You can do this, just take a breath, and trust the process!:carrot:

OhThePlaces 01-29-2012 09:53 PM

Hi Emmy! :hug:

I know exactly what you're going through and you're right, it's like a switch being flipped! I was really motivated last spring after my daughter was born and I worked my butt off to lose almost 35 lbs. I was just 2 lbs away from my goal. Then my husband came home from deployment, we moved and I fell completely back into my old habits. I felt like crap- uncomfortable in my skin, depressed, no energy... and I knew why, but I just couldn't motivate myself to stop shovelling junk into my mouth! Finally the switch was flipped back on and I found my motivation again. I'm still up 8 lbs, but I feel so much better now that I'm feeding my body right.

emmy13 01-29-2012 10:21 PM

Thank you so much for the thoughtful replies. I really appreciate the kind words and wisdom of people who "get it".

I keep telling myself at least I can stop before I gain anymore back. It does feel a bit like starting over though, having to work through these 12 pounds to get back to where I was.

emmy13 01-29-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhThePlaces (Post 4194732)
Hi Emmy! :hug:

I know exactly what you're going through and you're right, it's like a switch being flipped! I was really motivated last spring after my daughter was born and I worked my butt off to lose almost 35 lbs. I was just 2 lbs away from my goal. Then my husband came home from deployment, we moved and I fell completely back into my old habits. I felt like crap- uncomfortable in my skin, depressed, no energy... and I knew why, but I just couldn't motivate myself to stop shovelling junk into my mouth! Finally the switch was flipped back on and I found my motivation again. I'm still up 8 lbs, but I feel so much better now that I'm feeding my body right.

Thank you for this! Here's to flipping my switch... :^:

mystyblue85 01-29-2012 10:34 PM

I was just thinking of posting something similar...It seems that this journey is all about falling down, getting up and moving forward.
I gained 5 lbs and im 8lbs away from my mini goal that i was supposed to hit tomorrow.
tomorrow is my birthday and I really wanted to be 279 or under for it, but as of today, I am 287 and I know I wont make it and that kind of has me bummed, but i know i fell off, I have eaten way too much pizza and had way too much pepsi and i know that i must up my water and get back on my fitness plan and that will get me back on track.
heres to us both flipping the switch!

emmy13 01-29-2012 10:51 PM

Yes, mysty! Good luck flipping that switch and I hope you have a great birthday! It's hard not to dwell on where we would be if we hadn't messed up/regained, but I guess it's all part of the journey, huh? :hug:

redlight 01-30-2012 12:19 AM

I got down to goal, matained for awhile, but then the pounds came back, slowly at first, but 25 in total. I've lost half of that. So I have about as much to lose as you.

InControl2Day 01-30-2012 07:59 PM

I could have written this post! I got down to 126 last summer and I find myself in the 130s again.

I'm also digging deep and re-motivating myself to get back to work. I got derailed last year when I had too much on my plate. I'm just glad the damage wasn't so terrible. You lost it once, you can do it again!

I started easing into my regimen again in January so I didn't feel too overwhelmed. I tackled my sleeping habits and then my eating habits. I started incorporating light exercise every day before adding intensity and endurance.