Not exactly an NSV but a positive anyway...

• I haven't been around much in the past month as I've had a few personal issues that have put weight loss on the backburner. First, my stepdad passed away from cancer the day before New Year's, then 10 days later our house was broken into while we were away on vacation. They managed to steal some old jewellery that had been passed down over generations in my family... heartbreaking. Finally, last week, our beloved hamster - Miss Olivia Golden Squeak - escaped outside when one of the kids didn't close her cage properly and the doors were all open (it's summer here in South America). We have spent hours searching, but are pretty much sure now that we'll never see her again.

SOOOO.... I haven't been thinking at all about my plan, exercise, none of it. But I got on the scale this morning and was pretty shocked to find that I haven't gained anything! I am up a pound at the moment, but given that it's TOM, that's normal for me and possibly I'm going to be even less when it's over.

EVen though I haven't been counting cals, exercising, or abstaining from alcohol (had too much wine this past month for sure!) and even some desserts... I think my appetite has naturally adjusted so that I don't overdo it anymore. Gives me a lot of confidence for when I do get onto maintenance, that it won't be as difficult as I'd imagined.

Anyhow, I'm ready now to get back to it as of today. Going to go log my cals and get in 1/2 hour of exercise. This is gonna hurt...
  • Good for you for practicing moderation, and for getting back on the wagon!