3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   disappointed (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/250906-disappointed.html)

Bellasmommy924 01-18-2012 08:32 PM

disappointed

I counted calories and exercised lightly 3 times a week a few years ago and it seems like the pounds feel off so fast... but then i had a baby.. gained it all back + more... this time in my first week I lost 3.8 pounds.. i was so happy.. now tomorrow is my official 2 week weigh in and i may have lost 1 lb if that... im discouraged..i know its early but I guess i was expecting all my hard work to amount to another 3.8 lbs...or at least 3....unless i magically lose 2 lbs between right now and tomorrow night.. i know im not supposed to rely on the scale but i guess i want to make sure i stay on track... i just feel so motivated i don't want to wait to get out of this fat body!!! I was hoping to be out of the 220's this week.. :(
:(

NoMoreKnit 01-19-2012 10:46 AM

Congrats for starting up again and dont let the scale spook you! It will come off in time if you stick to your plan! My weight goes up a lb or two before every drop, and exercise causes water weight muscle retention. Be proud of the lb you did lose! Come join us in the 100% for 100 days challenge!

NoMoreKnit 01-19-2012 11:04 AM

Wanted to add our stories are very similar. I lost 40lbs in 2009 (200-160)before getting PG with my son. I gained about 70!lbs during the PG putting me at 227 when I had him. Only lost 10lbs after his birth. Started at 211 in Sep and hit 178 4 months later! Keep up the motivation!

lin43 01-19-2012 11:07 AM

IMHO, I think it's unrealistic to expect to healthily lose 3-4 lbs. a week. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment and discouragement if you do. I started in June, and I didn't weigh myself at all until the week after Thanksgiving. At that time, I had surpassed my goal weight. I felt no pressure while losing because I focused on the changes I was making as lifestyle changes, so I knew that if I just kept doing what I was doing, the weight would come off (and it did). I the meantime, I didn't subject myself to the angst that comes with the vicissitudes of the scale.

I would suggest not weighing yourself more than once a week unless you can view the results scientifically/objectively rather than emotionally.

twinieten 01-19-2012 11:09 AM

I understand your disappointment. If all went as I hoped, I'd be down quite a few more pounds by now. It can be frustrating and aggravating. Try not to let the not-big-enough losses get you down. You're losing and that's what matters! You'll have weeks where you lose more, weeks where you might lose nothing at all, and then those average small losses. You can't let yourself be discouraged when the scale isn't moving the way you want it to. Keep your eye on the goal.

andrew80k 01-19-2012 11:20 AM

Your weight can go up and down sporadically throughout the week. If you believe that what you are doing will get you the results you want, then stick to it. There are going to be times where you don't seem to be losing anything, when in fact you are. Most of the time these little fluctuations are due to water retention. As long as you are eating to plan, and your plan is sound, you will lose fat. Stick with it another week or two and if you are still not seeing anything move you might need to alter your plan a bit. These things take time. Most of us are impatient and want the results NOW! Unfortunately, it just doesn't work that way. Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week, but you have to do what works for you, and what you can sustain long-term. A plan is no good if you can't sustain it. Some people have more success going a little slower, 1/2 a pound a week. But you have to be patient and let your changes take affect before you start making too many changes. Give it 3-4 weeks and if you are not getting the results then re-evaluate and make changes.

InsideMe 01-19-2012 11:21 AM

Just keep at it! The most important thing is that you are losing and wow almost 4lbs at that! The scale will move in time and as you keep going it will even out in the grand scheme of things. Don't give up just keep on plan and you will see the scale move in time. :hug:

Bellasmommy924 01-19-2012 07:47 PM

thank you everyone!! I did my official 2 week weigh in tonight and am down 1.2 for the week.. so an even 5 lbs in 2 weeks... i feel better... i just need to quit weighing every day... my goal is to not weigh again until next Thursday.. :-)

NoMoreKnit 01-20-2012 09:08 AM

That's a good weekly goal to save yourself some disappointment!

aliasihaya 01-20-2012 12:29 PM

I totally understand. I'm pretty impatient for this process and feel like I should lose more given all the work I'm putting into it. I've been hanging out at 220.6 for a week now. Up to 221 this morning. I really, really, really want to break into the teens. But I don't know what more I can do at the moment.

In the end keep moving. I'll keep moving too. Eventually we'll all get there. :-)

Bellasmommy924 01-20-2012 07:57 PM

Today is the 1st day I didn't look at the scale once... it was staring at me.. but i managed to ignore it.. lol :-)