Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You can and will do serious damage to your body by cycling between starvation and binging, please stop it now. Eat 1400 or so calories a day of whole, healthy foods and ditch the sugar and starchy, bready junk. You'll feel so much better and the physical side of your cravings should come under control, as well.

I am not completely opposed to medically supervised, specific VLCD's, not all function the same way, but this sounds like unhealthy nonsense and I'm afraid you're only going to exacerbate your binge/restriction cycles by starving yourself until your body finally overrides your mind and desperately seeks nutrition.

There are so many sensible diets out there, but your plan (from what I am hearing) isn't one of them. You may not define yourself as anorexic or a nutcase, I think that is oversimplifying it, but your behaviors are not anywhere near healthy mentally or physically and any doctor who would put someone on 300 calories a day, especially without very specific monitoring and supplementation, deserves a lawsuit. We're about maintainable, sensible plans here and would love to help you figure one out if you don't know where to begin, as fellow dieters wo have struggled with many of the sme things you have. But persisting on such a plan as you're on now is incredible dangerous.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 01-12-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #17  

I will try to build my calorie intake up buy gradually. A little more each day. I think I want to hold at 900 because of the lack of exercise I have now with my ankle injury. I can keep such a low calorie count because I don't eat all day just coffee and then I have a late dinner. I know that is not good but I am so used to it it is hard to change Even when I was not on a diet, I would save and store up calories to be used letter I figured I could eat more if I had more caloreis to spare
Enriquesgirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5

has it occured to you that the reason you are binging is because you are starving yourself? maybe if you ate reasonably your body and your mind wouldn't be so starved it will snap and eat anything.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #19  
Fluffy Diva

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

I really feel for you. It seems like you have issues that go deeper than just needing to lose weight. Depression definitely needs to be addressed. Exercising 2 hours a day and power walking 6 miles burns off a whole lot more than the 300 calories you take in. Please try taking in more calories, you are starving yourself. Good luck to you either way.
Mamalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #20  

When I am in diet mode I am fine. I don't really get hungry if I do I drink coffee After I eat my meal and I am fine the rest of the night All I want to do if fit comfortably into my clothes. I can not keep a bra on. It is the first thing that comes off when I get home, It cuts into my skin. I just had to order a size 40 DDD. 38 DD could not handle it . I just want be able to fit an extra Large size to be able to sit down without my pants digging into me. To stop the roll of fat on my waist from getting numb when I lay my side. If I could just lose 20 lbs I can go slowly with the rest. But being this fat is intolerable for me. I can't help that I feel this way. I am sorry to be a pain
Old 01-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #21  
Fluffy Diva

You are not a pain, you are reaching out for help. How tall are you?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #22  

I am just a little over 5'0
Old 01-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

And how much do you weigh ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #24  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquesgirl2 View Post
I will try to build my calorie intake up buy gradually. A little more each day. I think I want to hold at 900 because of the lack of exercise I have now with my ankle injury. I can keep such a low calorie count because I don't eat all day just coffee and then I have a late dinner. I know that is not good but I am so used to it it is hard to change Even when I was not on a diet, I would save and store up calories to be used letter I figured I could eat more if I had more caloreis to spare
HI!! So AI should start by saying that I too have sprained ankles and tendinitis.. Be careful with all walking, I would get a brace. I have been swimming and riding the stationary bike while injured. I think the best way for you to figure what your calorie intake is would be to hop on a scale (don't stress over the numbers, you know you need to lose and a number will help) then go online and use a Basal Metabolic Rate calculator that will tell you the amount of calories your body needs for basic function, then multiply that by 1.2 which which tell you how many extra calories you use on top of your Bmr if you're mostly sedentary. 300 calories per day is way too low-I am 5'8" 264 pounds eating 1500 calories per day and I have lost 10 pounds in two weeks. The most important thing is taking a vitamin while counting calories unless you're eating very nutrient dense foods like leafy greens and fruit. I have always been a binge eater, well for the last eight or so years and I can tell you the best way to avoid singeing is by allowing yourself an occasional treat but mostly eating what you like in controlled portions. I think counseling would hello too, remember our self worth is not determined by our looks but by our actions-treat yourself kindly.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #25  

I don't know how much I weigh I am too scared, I have not been on the scale for almost two years. I don't even know if the battery is still good, I must be a good 160. I never wore such big sizes and the heaviest I have ever been in my life is 150. My boobs are like two huge 50 pound sacs of potatoes. When I sit down my lower stomach sticks way out I feel like I am going to roll right out of my chair I am even be close to 200 I am too scared to check I will be more depressed then I already am.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The way you describe yourself you sound like a lot more than 160. I think you should see a professional to help you, your dieting or efforts at dieting are not healthy at all. Get weighed , talk to a doctor or nutritionist or somebody that will supervise your eating for awhile. You have spent too long doing it the wrong way.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #27  
Fluffy Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
The way you describe yourself you sound like a lot more than 160. I think you should see a professional to help you, your dieting or efforts at dieting are not healthy at all. Get weighed , talk to a doctor or nutritionist or somebody that will supervise your eating for awhile. You have spent too long doing it the wrong way.
I agree. I thought you were much heavier. I am 5'3 and a lot heavier than you and I dont have some of the problems you mentioned. Seeing a doctor is a great idea.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

OP, if you are for real (sorry everyone, I don't want to be brash but, my b.s. alarm is starting to go off with this one) and you're totally unwilling to listen to any of the spot-on advice that you've been given about seeking help then, I hate to ask it but, why are you here? We are here to lend an ear and be supportive, but I don't feel like you're trying to utilize this site for what it is meant to be used for.

Living on 300 calories a day is an abominable diet. You aren't losing weight like you want because you're starving yourself and your body is holding on to everything you put into it just to stay alive. Your injuries aren't going to heal unless you give your body fuel to actually try to heal.. If you stay on your current plan you're not going to get better at all, you're going to get worse. You have some severe problems with self-image, depression and your relationship with nutrition and you REALLY need to seek help, just like everyone else has said.

Please, for your safety and your life, please, please, please get some help very soon.
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #29  

I came here to talk about how I feel. There is no one else who will listen. I used to talk to someone a couple of years ago but she gave up her practice she gave me a good rate because the insurance on my job does not cover anything mental related. That is why I came here to talk I shared things I would not normally share. My mother passed away so I don't have her warnings anymore either. I just feel like this time I too far gone. Being at acceptable weight seems so far out of reach now and it is going to take such a long time, I lost a friend who did not believe I was doing what I was doing. There is a dietitan who comes in to work with the parents of the obsese children in the center I work when I get back to work maybe I can talk to her. I am sorry if I annoyed you. I will leave if you want me to,
Old 01-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #30  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I don't know where you're getting that we're annoyed, but you are misunderstanding our tone. We are *concerned*. You are on a dangerous diet and showing severe and abnormal eating patterns, describing your body as though it were grotesquely massive, and generally sound quite depressed. We want to help you, but you need to be willing to work on some of the unhealthy behaviors you're describing.

Living off of coffee and 900 calories, even at 5' even, is a good 200-300 calories too low to give yourself adequate nutrition, and that is if you are eating whole, healthy foods and no junk (which it sounds like you're not). There are both physical (diet) issues and emotional issues you're struggling with from the sound of it, and you will have a really hard time adequately treating either component if you won't recognize the extent of your troubles, you know?

Disordered eating and thinking can destroy one's happiness, health, and can even take your life if it is severe enough. Depression has the same potential. Many of us have struggled with eating disorders and emotional disturbances to varying degrees and can relate to the desperation and pain you feel, but nobody got better by persisting in their illness. It takes a change of mind, a change of habits, and the slow development of a healthy foundation to work from, to really fix the issues plaguing us (all weight aside!).

You need to get on a scale and get a number. It is scary, but it is a start. From there, we can begin to give you calorie levels that are sensible and dietary suggestions, but without information you'll find the help you get is pretty sparse, simply because we don't have a lot to work with! There are so many smart ladies and gentlemen around here who have struggled in the same areas you describe, and they (and me!) are happy to help you out. But you've got to help us help you, by giving us some information so we can give better advice.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote