Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #16  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

A year ago today I was already about half a year into my weight loss journey. I was also pregnant (and didn't know about it... and unfortunately lost that baby a few months down the road). On the up side, though, at that point I had just gotten into Onderland.

Now I'm down another 30lbs and still have somewhere between 14-29lbs to lose before goal. I'm 1.5 years into my journey and am hoping that I'll be done before the end of 2012.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

A year ago today I weighed 255.6. Today I weigh 185.6 and I have gained 14.6 pounds in 3 weeks. Maybe 5 of those pounds are fat, the rst is water weight from eating way more carbs than I'm used to.

The good news is that I'm not discouraged, but just raring to get back to non holiday eating and regular exercise again.

Last year at this time I couldn't walk across a parking lot without getting winded. Now I can workout at a normal level and I enjoy it! Life is good!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #18  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Wow! I just read all of these responses and I can not believe just how much things can change in just a year! I can't explain it but I just got a physical whoosh of motivation through my body!

It's weird but in the past when I tried to lose weight a month felt like a lifetime. But for some reason this year has gone so quickly.

My hope is that by this time next year I'll be finally maintaining my goal weight and I won't be obsessed every waking moment about what I'm eating and what I look like.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
A year ago today I was already about half a year into my weight loss journey. I was also pregnant (and didn't know about it... and unfortunately lost that baby a few months down the road). On the up side, though, at that point I had just gotten into Onderland.

Now I'm down another 30lbs and still have somewhere between 14-29lbs to lose before goal. I'm 1.5 years into my journey and am hoping that I'll be done before the end of 2012.
I'm sorry for your loss.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #20  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyKay View Post
I'm sorry for your loss.
Thanks. It was rough at first but I have to admit it really gave me a push to work that much harder towards my goal. We'd like to have another kid but don't want to try again until I hit a healthy BMI. I know you can't control everything in the universe but my weight/health is one thing that I can control to some extent so I want that to be in as best spot as possible before we try to bring another life into this world.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #21  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I think I'm almost back to where I was a year ago.

I'm not exactly sure what my weight was at back then, because I had stopped weighing myself. That was my big mistake. I can say I was wearing a size 12, comfortably. And I'm talking about my skinny size 12 jeans, not my roomy, stretchy ones. I'm going to guess I was between 165 and 170.

By the time I got going again this past August, I was back in a size 14 and weighed 185. Now I'm bouncing around 170.

By the end of 2012, my goal is to be done with the losing weight part, and maintaining.

Hey, NTexas... nice! 40 pounds really does make a difference!

Last edited by twinieten; 01-02-2012 at 08:42 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks chickadee32 and twinieten for your comments. I wore the same outfit because I spent too much money on it to only wear it once, lol. But it served to compare. Next year it'll be way too big *fingers crossed*. Good luck (though luck has nothing to do with it) on our goals for 2012!
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #23  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas View Post
Thanks chickadee32 and twinieten for your comments. I wore the same outfit because I spent too much money on it to only wear it once, lol. But it served to compare. Next year it'll be way too big *fingers crossed*. Good luck (though luck has nothing to do with it) on our goals for 2012!
Just for giggles, keep that outfit and take another picture of yourself in it after you're done. I think the comparison would be totally cool! I couldn't even tell it was the same shirt because you filled it out differently. I plan on wearing the same outfit I wore for my first "before" pictures when I take my "after" pictures.

Last edited by twinieten; 01-02-2012 at 09:04 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #24  

S/C/G: W=241, J3fc=229/Siggy!!/150

A year ago I was struggling with losing my baby on Dec. 19th and being in the hospital on new years having a D&C. After that I was in a complete downward spiral and emotionally eating like there was no tomorrow. I was stressed, and depressed.....
It took me a while to figure out where I needed to be....But I got there on Sept 16 and have lost a total of 35 lbs...I have lots more to lose...But I'm hoping by this time...Next year..I'll be in Maintnence mode!!
KaeLynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

A year ago I was 8 months pregnant, I gained 60lbs and topped out at 228? before I had my baby boy on Feb 3rd. Only lost 17lbs after having him. Went on a cruise in Sep at 212 and was not happy with pics when I came home. Started counting calories on Sep 12th, lost from 211 to 180 by Dec 16th. Took two weeks vacation the end of the year and put back on 2.2 lbs during the break/holidays. 2012 will see me hit and maintain 150!! I know it! Only getting better!

Last edited by NoMoreKnit; 01-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #26  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

At this time last year... I was half-way through my pregnancy and already gained 45 pounds... (I gained a total of 65 pounds during my pregnancy).

I took pregnancy as a license to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. My son is comprised of primarily Thai food because I ate it almost every day.

Well, I am down 52 pounds... that includes the 4 pounds I gained during the holidays. I am feeling much better about myself and when I look into his eyes, I forgive myself for the cellulite on my thighs.

I am hoping to reach my goal weight this year. Good luck to everyone else.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #27  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/203/169

Height: 5" 5.5

In Jan 2011 I started out weighing 235 and on Jan 1, 2012, I weighed 212. It wasn't where I wanted to be but I am happy to be going into 2012 23 pounds lighter. This year I am looking forward to sticking with my eating and exercise plan and dropping another 47 pounds. I hope everyone has a great year!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 169.75/125/125

Height: 5'2.75"

I started last year probably around the 170 mark or thereabouts. I'm not really sure as I had just started a new job and was totally enjoying the benefits of a subsidised cafeteria!

I got myself motivated in May after sitting down to use my laptop and realising I could no longer sit comfortably - I had fat rolls that touched on the side of my torso. I couldn't believe it when I felt them and decided then and there that those rolls were going! I'm at 135 at the moment (holiday damage) and hoping to be down in the 120s by the end of the year.
d130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #29  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

A year ago I was newly married, at a new job and steadily gaining my love/stress chub. On my wedding day, I was probably 165 lbs and I am proud to say that I weighed in today at 149, even though in the middle I let it get to 172 before i decided to do something about it and finally found something that worked.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 178/157/135

One year ago today, I sat in the office of a wonderful woman named Tina, crying over how I was tired of being "the fat friend" of my social circle. I've always been the "loud, outspoken one" to take attention away from the rest of me. I was a size 14, and weighing at my heaviest, 178lbs. I'm only 5'3", so I couldn't even say, "Oh well, I carry the weight in my thighs, arms, etc." NO! I carried it ALL OVER. Tina was the fitness director at my local gym, and I had taken a few yoga classes with her in the winter. I had befriended her on Facebook, only to learn that she also had struggled with weight problems, and decided to do something about it! That was the fire I needed to be lit under my @$$. I DIDN'T want to be "THAT" friend anymore, who would go out and order a side salad, and pick at it, while my friend indulged in their burgers, and fries, and pasta, because I didn't want to be judged.

Tina and I came up with a workout plan for me, and she signed up to be my personal trainer for six weeks. My birthday is January 24th, and I was going to NYC on the 28th with several friends for dinner, so I went to a local store in town, and purchased my size 14 dress, and as pretty as it was, and as nice as it did look on me, I cried the whole way home, not able to remember when I let myself get to that size, but KNEW I had to do something about it.

I had a long conversation with a close friend, who had also wanted to lose weight, having gained during her pregnancy. On January 1st, we made our "goals" and a promise to lose at least half of them within a year.

December 31st, I went to the same boutique to purchase a new dress for a NYE party that evening. I automatically grabbed a size 9/10 off the rack, because that had been the size I'd mostly been wearing over the last few months of the year and when I tell you I almost did a backflip, I ALMOST DID A BACKFLIP when I zipped it up, AND IT WAS BIG!! The fitting room assistant knocked on my door, and asked if I needed any help. Elited, I flung open the door, and asked if she could grab the next size DOWN! She smiled, and said she'd be right back. A few minutes later, she returned with a size 7/8, and handed it to me. Taking it, and then a very large deep breath, I changed dresses, and just stared at myself. I could NOT believe I was in a size 7/8, when only 11 months earlier, standing in that same fitting room, I was putting on a size 14!

In one year, I lost (and kept it off!) 21lbs, with 22lbs left to my goal.

I WILL BE IN THAT BATHING SUIT FOR 4TH OF JULY! MARK MY WORDS!! ;]
kels2786 is offline   Reply With Quote