Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/1 Happy New Year!

You're on Page 6 of 11
Go to
  • Quote: Well, I'll join in on this. Just really started back with this yesterday, but it was a good first day.

I track my food on Livestrong, so I'm not going to post everything I ate here, but I ended the day with 1215 calories, only 64% of highest recommended fat, 22% of cholesterol and 65% of carbs. Oh, and about 280% of my protein... LOL Yeah, it was a high protein day apparently.

Then I did one hour in an exercise class, mostly weight training with just enough cardio to keep the heart rate up. (it's 3 times a week)

Today's looking good so far, breakfast was 220 cals and morning snack (lettuce salad with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, unsalted sunflower seeds and fat free dressing) was 115. Lunch will be around 250, so that will leave about 600 calories for dinner. Not sure what we will be doing yet, maybe chicken and rice.
    Welcome! And good luck!
  • Quote: Diana My medical issues cause much pain, excruciating at time, from merely standing and worsens with movement. The test in painting the room was: It was fairly "easy" work, but required me to stand more and move a bit... if I could do that, and not have to be popping pain meds, then I was over the "hump" so to speak and could slowly start incorporating my normal fitness again.
    I did walk last night for about a half hour Just me and my mp3, and it was SOOOO nice!!!! We had a temp of 78 last night when I got home, so just crisp enough to make it nice, but warm enough that a light jacket was plenty
    Your DH got you chocolates!!! So yummy, yet so evil! That is pretty much the same scenario! I was baking the cookies with the kids, had a piece , piece became a whole one... one became a couple as I walked by - you get the picture. Now that I am trying to "reset", I am craving something aweful! I was OFF the sugary carbs!!! And I like the comparison to a drug addict, cause seriously, that's what it mimmicks! Would you put an alcoholic in a bar? No? Then why was I the one that had to bake the cookies? LOL!!!! Total crazy after that... then it was later night cereal in order to sleep :O Such a bad snowball effect. Yesterday I was able to stay (struggled, but did it) within my calorie range and not go over... and with the walk and more water... I am heading in the right direction again - thank goodness! Still craving, still fighting hitting vending machine... but as of now - I am resisting and trying to get over that
    Glad you love your room color. A good paint job can make a huge difference in how a room feels, but sorry you are in pain. I hope it gets betterr soon.

And your scenario with the cookies sounds exactly like mine. O.m.g. Hope today is going better for you with the cravings.
  • Hi. I am 48 yo male just getting back on the band wagon this week. So far have done well. My triggers are beer, sweets and fatty foods. Sprained my knee last week, so I haven't been able to exercise. Went to the drs yesterday for treatment and hopefully can be back at the gym by Friday doing an easy cycle.

Good luck everyone!!
  • Good Evening All,

I have to keep it short as I'm still with migraine. I read all the post and am so glad for all of you who have lost and yay, shish for staying smoke free. I am holding at the same weight for the last three days, but then I've still yet to get rid of the gluten in my system. UGH, I feel like I'm going to explode

I have been clean for the last 4 days so I hope to see the pounds dropping soon. Now if only I could see some movement in other places OK that was going too far

I hope you all have a great night, stay healthy
  • Quote: Hi. I am 48 yo male just getting back on the band wagon this week. So far have done well. My triggers are beer, sweets and fatty foods. Sprained my knee last week, so I haven't been able to exercise. Went to the drs yesterday for treatment and hopefully can be back at the gym by Friday doing an easy cycle.

Good luck everyone!!
    Welcome BuffJim. This is a great site with lots of support. By the way I moved two years ago from East Aurora, NY (actually South Wales if you know where that is) to Florida. I don't miss the snow.

Larry,
  • Melissa - The cravings were still bad today, but resisted! Yay me! The pain is getting much better now. I started my day with 3 tylenol and nothing else all day!!!

Jim - Nice to have you here and hopefully you can get clearance soon for the ankle.

Mamakat - No exploding, that would be messy Hope your head is better soon!

Larry - Good to see you have some more testosterone company LOL!!!

As for me - I fought the cravings today for the carbs, but I have to say that is not why I am most proud... tonight after work, I changed clothes immediately and was going to head out for my walk (still feeling good, so wanted to go longer, but same pace). Just as I was getting my mp3 ready - the 2 teens want to go... uh oh! Amber took her bike, and Kevin wanted to show up the "old lady" - consequently, we ended up doing 5 intervals of jogging and the rest was super brisk paced walking (Kevin had to keep jogging to keep up) and wow... I made it through without collapsing! :P Now I am going to go have my garden salad and add my boiled eggs to it... my yummy treat after sweating my bum off I am hoping the temps stay like this (77 while I was jogging/walking) and the timing was perfect as we watched the sunset as we were moving towards it Gorgeous!
  • I am so jealous of those of you with the warm weather. It's in the teens here today and I had to walk two miles in it to pick up my son from school. Itsmyturn, good job on resisting the sweets. I had problems with that last month since I made so many cookies and fudge (I also made my own icing for the first time and you can believe I had a hard time keeping my fingers out of it.) Luckily all that is left now is a little bit of my mom's homemade fruit cake, but that's for my FIL so I've been leaving it alone.

Today was another good day, food wise. I ate too many Ritz crackers (weakness of mine) so I went over in sodium a bit, but it's not too bad. I ate pretty healthy all day. It feels good to be back OP.
  • Quote: Melissa - The cravings were still bad today, but resisted! Yay me! The pain is getting much better now. I started my day with 3 tylenol and nothing else all day!!!

As for me - I fought the cravings today for the carbs, but I have to say that is not why I am most proud... tonight after work, I changed clothes immediately and was going to head out for my walk (still feeling good, so wanted to go longer, but same pace). Just as I was getting my mp3 ready - the 2 teens want to go... uh oh! Amber took her bike, and Kevin wanted to show up the "old lady" - consequently, we ended up doing 5 intervals of jogging and the rest was super brisk paced walking (Kevin had to keep jogging to keep up) and wow... I made it through without collapsing! :P Now I am going to go have my garden salad and add my boiled eggs to it... my yummy treat after sweating my bum off I am hoping the temps stay like this (77 while I was jogging/walking) and the timing was perfect as we watched the sunset as we were moving towards it Gorgeous!
    Holy crap! That is awesome! I had to fight the cravings for sweets today ally hard. I finally caved on one mini Reese's cup, but that was enough to satisfy the carb beast. Ugh... So hard! But I'm so envious of your run/walk. I can't do anything with any impact on my bladder region - 12pound baby born au natural did a number on me.... Really should have that looked into. Is really limiting what I can do for exercise.
  • Shishkeberry Hi It's good to see you. Congrats on continuing to be smoke free and the scale being down today. Great job on having an on plan day today!

JanessaFaith I hope today was less hectic for you.

Qtkitty Great calorie range yesterday. How are you feeling in this calorie range? Are you satisfied? Do you get hungry?

Berry Congrats on getting rid of that water weight!

Larry Congrats on the 4 pounds.

Itsmyturn I'm glad you got a nice walk in yesterday. (I still think painting is too hard ) Stay strong against that vending machine! I hope you had a good day. ETA: Great job on the workout tonight, too!

KaylaChristine I've never had ground chicken. I think if you add some onion/garlic powder, pepper, etc it would taste very good.

Moondance Great job staying on plan yesterday. The pumpkin butter is store bought. It's low in sugar and has less calories than jelly/preserves. I have only been eating it for 6 months or so and am totally in love with it.

Mizzie Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Italiannie Congrats on the .2.

Lucindaarrowspark Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Buffjim Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Mamakat I missed you posting this morning. I'm sorry to hear that you still have a migraine. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
  • Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Vegetable of choice
    1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
    high fiber English muffin 100 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
    Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
    3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
    1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
    Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Zuppa Toscana Soup 200 Calories
    Venetian Apricot Chicken w/veggies 400 calories
    1/3 bread stick and bite of DH's meatball 100 calories

Exercise:
    TF HIIT 25
    Crunch Total Resculpt Lower Body w/#10's
    TF Fire 30
  • Ugh... I always step on the scale before going to bed to gt a preview of my morning weigh in. And I'll be up a bit tomorrow. Could I have really gained that much fat so fast? How is it possible to gain nearly 15 pounds in 17 days?

I came in at 1500 calories today and exercised for an hour. Grrr.... I don't usually expect instant losses, butnhe you gained so much so fast, you want to believe it will come off quickly too!
  • Morning Weight 384.8 (blah)

Breakfast
    Breakfast sandwich
    English muffin 100
    1/4c egg beaters 30
    1/4c veg 15
    1 slice roast beef 35
    1/2 slice provalone 30
    scrape Deli Mustard <5
    Gum 4
    Sub Total 219

Lunch
    Subway 6 inch Chipotle Chicken and Cheese ( minus the cheese) On 9 grain wheat bread ( spinach, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, cucumbers, sweet peppers) 395
    Sub Total 399

Dinner
    1 Fire Side Gourmet Three Cheese Black Angus Beef Patty 420 (omg!)
    1 Onion & Cheese Perogi 53
    1/2c Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Healthy Colors Market Blend (Carrots, Zucchini, Roma Tomatoes, and Yellow Pepper Strips) 40
    Gingerbread 220
    Sub Total 733

Daily Total 1351
    Water 120 ( I am still thirsty tonight .. To much sodium somewhere along the line)

My back is still spasming… and I got to thinking…I catch myself in bad posture ( slouching) at work all the time and gross as it seems my ribs basically were resting on my fat ole tummy… I can tell my stomach as reduced in size .. Could be my back is learning to bear the weight again? Anyone know some good exercises for your back to help with posture?

Larry~ Time to break out the parkas in the sunshine state … brrr … of course it was a bitter 8 here this morning. My grandparents moved to Florida to get away from the cold weather but it seems it followed them there at least for the time being. Keep warm!!

Moondance~ Oh trust me I danced plenty hard enough … 2 slow dances * blush * both of which I was the first person drug out on the dance floor and multiple fast dances … It was a good time.

I do not get into the vending machine at work. It isn’t tempting to me. I do however have a bag of Caramel Quaker quakes and Special K Sour Cream and Onion Cracker Chips Baked Snacks ( these are really not as good as I thought they would be They need more crunch and get pasty as you chew) in my desk. Right now I also have a tangerine because I did not eat it for lunch and 5 multigrain wheat thins because I did not finish them for lunch last week. I feel like one of those food hording dogs … don’t check the cushions … *lol*

It normally takes me 10 minutes to get my stuff together in the morning, but I do not do anything fancy. ( I microwave my breakfast egg and toast my English muffin at the same time and then wrap the whole kit and caboodle in foil.. By the time I get to work its nice and warm and everything is melted together nicely)

Mizzie~ welcome aboard!! *s* I use Livestrong quite often when I am searching calorie totals

BuffJim~ Welcome… sorry to hear about your knee hope it gets better.. First thing I thought of when I saw your name was Jimmy Buffett *lol*

Mamakit~ I hope that Migraine and Gluten Inspired Issues clear up soon and you feel better!

Berryblondeboys~ My grandmother had issues with her bladder and ended up having surgery because it was so bad. She still has issues, but not near as bad. When she sneezes she still crosses her legs if yah know what I mean.

Didn’t you start exercising again… can’t that trigger water weight gain?

Diana3271~ Thank you .. And that was with 2 fast foods and dessert yesterday * bangs my head* .. I grew up on fruits and veggies and lean proteins, so it is not hard for me to get low calories and still eat a good deal of enjoyable food. I was fine yesterday I felt satisfied ( although bleh after eating the Mcd sandwich).

My stomach growled today just before I ate lunch. Someone had heated some homemade potato soup. My stomach has not growled for a looooong time. Since before watching what I eat again.

I tend to go towards more intense flavored foods darker color veg and spices, but that is pretty much normal. I am not eating very much different now than when I was eating what ever. I don't do low calorie or reduced fat or low fat or fat free food items, because they taste horible to me and because there are all sorts of additives that mess with my system. I am adding in more fruits and veg and eating meals instead of skipping. Eating more veg at meals instead of carbs or proteins even though the actual meals have not changed. If that makes since. If I want a piece of chocolate I take a small amount instead of eating bunch.
  • Hi everyone. IM getting back on track this week too. Lost 46 pounds 2 years ago and just in the last 6 months since my spinal fusion surgery i have been putting it on.

Im on my 3rd week and feeling much better already. There seems to be a lot of interest and support here. Im excited to be a part of it.
    best of luck everyone WE CAN DO IT
  • Good Morning Everyone,

Well I'm up again...geez, the scale is only proving that gluten/carbs are awful and binding. This is day 5. The migraine is still here and is super sensitive to sound... no alarm clocks this morning I was up anyway, I'm sooo uncomfortable. Last nights dinner, I believe is still in my stomach as it has nowhere else to go

I have manage some laundry, impressive, I know I've been (hand) writing in a dimly lit room. The moment I turn the computer on my right side of the face begins to scream. I've tried sleeping it off, but it seems to make it worse. And we don't have TV so writing is the only thing I CAN do. I don't have to actually look hard at the paper as it's mostly getting the thoughts down. I'll refine it later, when I can think straight

lady I'm glad that you are feeling better and can get back into the weight loss groove.

qtkitty I think it's good you can lose weight when eating your normal foods. A lot of times people lose weight on a special plan but then once they lose the weight they go back to the old foods and well, if you don't learn how to eat properly to begin with, you tend to gain it all back. I did that when I did Slim Fast. Once I reached a nice goal, I tossed those shakes then went right back to eating all the crap and never portioned control. Ugh I gained the 50 I lost and went on to gain another 50. Learning how to do things properly helps in the long run...slower results, sometimes, but still better to learn the right way.

Berry congrats on fighting the ugly carb monster, yay that it was only that little piece, it always can be so much worse and it is a victory when it's not. Sorry you are not seeing the scale go down, I know how you feel. I'd say I'm wondering why it's going up (in my case) after being clean for 5 days, but then no visit to the loo will do that to a girl. Hope you start seeing results very soon.

Diana thanks, I know it's odd when I don't post in the morning, it kinda throws my day off too. I got up late because I felt awful plus it was stinking cold and I did not want to leave my burrito blanket. When I got back home I stayed downstairs to do the laundry and try a new sitting position to see if it would help, it didn't but I'm getting desperate Right now it hurts less than yesterday, but its getting progressively worse as the morning moves along. I hope this clears soon. I even thought about calling for some emergency IMOTREX last night, but dumb Walgreens and Anthem are fighting so they no longer take my insurance and now I have to go find another pharmacy...what a pain.

Shish so glad you are doing great on plan. I agree with wanting to be in one of the warmer states. I was surprised to hear Florida was cold, I always thought it was just right during these months. The people here move there for the winters, best of both worlds. I'm so glad I don't have to walk the kids to school, goodness I was complaining the entire drive...my fingers are cold, I need a coat, do I look silly in this hat I'm a big baby when it's cold.

ItsMyTurn I super jealous right now of the Az weather. I remember growing up there I'd complain when it got into low 70's (sweater weather) now I laugh when I hear people say that. Since having the kids, my thermostat is kookie. I don't start wearing a sweater til about 63 degrees. 70s is perfect now. Funny though start getting past 83 and I'm complaining it's too hot whereas we used to fry eggs on our patio in AZ. It's funny how different the states are. Congrats on getting out there last night, I'm glad the kids went with you. Motivation and support at the same time, ah that is super nice. I WISH my two would do that. I made then during the summer. Glad to report since I've changed eating habits even my princess's clothes are getting bigger. Her once tight shirts are fitting very nicely. Yay, for being great role models

BuffJim hope your knee feels better soon. Biking always gets to mine, but then when they hurt so does all other things too. I think just about everyone has your triggers I know I have more than one sweet tooth and I still eat fatty food. Never liked beer, but my DH sure does and he's stopped cold and has been losing the weight. Its got way too many empty carbs. Good luck.

Hello to everyone I missed.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
  • Shish - I am totally loving the weather and hoping it holds. It's been making it so nice for the walking. Today we are supposed to be 77 again, so far so good!

Melissa - I totally understand about limited exercise, which is why my total shock. I have RA real bad, and my pelvis-to-thigh is the worst on left side for if I even go too fast for too long... but... I was able to pull it out! I didn't even have a limp of pain until I was only 2 houses away from my house!!!! That is why I have the elliptical, due to the low impact (for both my "other" health issues, but especially for my joints - they will also fill with fluid way easy when impacted). My doctor gave me her blessing on doing what I am able to until I "couldn't", but to listen and not push beyond where the pain influences my gait... she also gave me an anti-inflammatory cream (she knows I am just not willing to add more dang meds to my regime)... and though it's not a huge help, it makes her feel better to know I am using it, I think you should get it looked into. I have had a 10lb 11 1/2oz child, 2 emergency c-sections, a cancer surgery...and though my organs do have some residual effects, there is no reason they cannot help you... you should not be so limited if there is something that can be done

Diana - Thank you I am just glad the pain has subsided a bit so I have been able to get out doing it! My son was trying to show up the "old lady", so pushed myself doing the jogging portion, but with my daughter on her bike, there was no keeping up for me They are something sometimes!!! I see you had a high fiber english muffin... what brand/type do you buy? Is that just the wheat kind?

qtkitty - hope your spasms stop soon!!! Those are miserable! That was funny about a food hoarder, LOL! I have quaker rice cake minis that I keep at work, but due to the baking I did over the holidays, that is why I am seriously battling the cravings of sweet carbs (of which we have stocked in our vending machines at work). I swear I am like a drug addict coming off the "juice" right now. I can do moderation once I am over the initial "ouch" of it... but until then, I won't stop til belly hurts, so staying FAR away, LOL

ladysheets - and congrats for seeing you need to be back on track Great to have ya here - this is an amazing group