3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/1 Happy New Year! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/249447-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-1-happy-new-year.html)

berryblondeboys 01-04-2012 11:47 AM

Morning all - feeling much more on track. Got my workout in this morning and today was easier than Friday (same class). And eating was good yesterday and seems to be on target for today. Thank goodness! Scale dropped 2.5 pounds this morning too which helps.

I really want to get back down to my all time low by feb.14th. Took me only 17 days to gain the 14 pounds. I better be able to get them off in 6 weeks! 11.8 pounds to go!

ItsMyTurn 01-04-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 4155292)
Itsmyturn Hey there! :wave: You painted your bedroom as a test? Huh? :rofl: That's a major job! Were you able to get a walking or elliptical workout in today? I hope today was a little easier for you. It's hard getting back on track. I don't remember if it was last year or the year before. DH bought me some chocolate for Valentine's Day. I decided to eat all the chocolate in one day. I was still in my calorie range, so I thought everything was good. NOT! I had the worse cravings for 3 or 4 days after. I literally felt like a drug addict.

Diana :) My medical issues cause much pain, excruciating at time, from merely standing and worsens with movement. The test in painting the room was: It was fairly "easy" work, but required me to stand more and move a bit... if I could do that, and not have to be popping pain meds, then I was over the "hump" so to speak and could slowly start incorporating my normal fitness again.
I did walk last night for about a half hour :) Just me and my mp3, and it was SOOOO nice!!!! We had a temp of 78 last night when I got home, so just crisp enough to make it nice, but warm enough that a light jacket was plenty :D
Your DH got you chocolates!!! So yummy, yet so evil! :lol: That is pretty much the same scenario! I was baking the cookies with the kids, had a piece , piece became a whole one... one became a couple as I walked by - you get the picture. Now that I am trying to "reset", I am craving something aweful! I was OFF the sugary carbs!!! And I like the comparison to a drug addict, cause seriously, that's what it mimmicks! Would you put an alcoholic in a bar? No? Then why was I the one that had to bake the cookies? LOL!!!! Total crazy after that... then it was later night cereal in order to sleep :O Such a bad snowball effect. Yesterday I was able to stay (struggled, but did it) within my calorie range and not go over... and with the walk and more water... I am heading in the right direction again - thank goodness! :) Still craving, still fighting hitting vending machine... but as of now - I am resisting and trying to get over that

ItsMyTurn 01-04-2012 12:09 PM

Shish - You are doing awesome!!!! Not only are you starting to get your groove on again, but you are smoke free too!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Huge pat on the back to ya!!!!! Congrats on the loss of the water weight!!!

Melissa - Great job on the loss!!!! I am so happy for you! It's so good to see numbers going in the opposite direction :)

KaylaChristine 01-04-2012 12:13 PM

Diana3271 - I love cottage cheese, it's a great little side dish. Haha yeah, that doesn't sound very tasty, but I'll have to try it some time!

berryblondeboys - Good job on the 2.5 pound loss!!

Breakfast:
Had a little heartburn this morning, so I went ahead and had something. Strawberry & Banana Yogurt - 80 calories.

Lunch:
Starving as I'm typing this out! It's SO close to my lunch break.
Frozen grilled chicken breast, cooked on George Foreman grill, seasoned - 160 calories
1 Slice cheese - 70 calories
1.25 cup cottage cheese - 200 calories

Dinner:
Hmm... maybe a grilled turkey burger, ??? calories, need to get a scale.
3 microwaved eggs, plus slice of cheese.

I'm going to do a 20 minute workout before lunch and before dinner. That way I can refill with protein after my work out :carrot:

Has anyone ever used ground chicken to make a burger? I've never eaten ground chicken.

Moondance 01-04-2012 12:20 PM

Happy Wednesday!

One day at a time right now. All the sweets (chocolate!) I indulged in over the last 2 weeks has given me some pretty persistent cravings. I'm having to start all over again in that department. :( I did it to myself though. Good lesson learned! Stayed well on plan yesterday, though my portion sizes at dinner were too big. But at least I'm eating too much chicken and wild rice and not sweets!

Shish: WTG on getting back on track! It's ok to go off plan now and again as long as you get right back on! Oh, and lets not forget a huge CONGRATULATIONS on staying smoke free!!!! I know how hard it can be. WTG!! :dance:

Larry: Stay warm down there. Sheesh...your temps are rivaling ours! Our high today will be near 60! WTG on your loss! :carrot:

BBB: Hope your butt feels better today. Those bike seats have NEVER felt comfortable on my hiney. :bike2: Congrats on the loss! :flow2:

qtkitty: Love the condiment squirt bottle idea! I spend about 20 min each morning assembling breakfast, lunch and snacks for the day to take to work. It really helps me stay away from junk in the vending machines or the crappy cafeteria food. Plus I know how many calories are in everything I eat! Only one blister from the shoes?? Girl, you weren't dancing hard enough! hehe :lol3:

Janessa: We're not as podunk as you are, but a trip to town isn't taken lightly either. Hope the appt. went well. Stay away from those sweets... :yes:

Diana: I've recently realized chocolate does the same thing to me. The more I eat, the more I crave. It takes some willpower to get through the cravings for 3-4 days. Pumpkin butter? I've never heard of it. Is it homemade or store bought? I don't like pumpkin, so I don't think I'll be trying it, but I am curious. :coffee2:

Kede: Kudos to you for being able to wake up that early. I could NEVER do it! Great job staying on track. :flow1:

Kayla: Shrinking boobs? Bummer...I better not tell my DH that it's a possibility! He's happy I'm losing weight, but I'm not sure he'll like that side effect! WTG on getting a routine you like and can stick with! :cb:

MyTurn: I hope you've stopped the tail spin! I'm so sorry to hear you're having some medical issues. But yet again you illustrate your positive approach to life, turning lemons into lemonade--by painting your bedroom. Are you happy with the result? Hope you're feeling a bit better each day. :D

mizzie 01-04-2012 12:45 PM

Well, I'll join in on this. Just really started back with this yesterday, but it was a good first day.

I track my food on Livestrong, so I'm not going to post everything I ate here, but I ended the day with 1215 calories, only 64% of highest recommended fat, 22% of cholesterol and 65% of carbs. Oh, and about 280% of my protein... LOL Yeah, it was a high protein day apparently.

Then I did one hour in an exercise class, mostly weight training with just enough cardio to keep the heart rate up. :D (it's 3 times a week)

Today's looking good so far, breakfast was 220 cals and morning snack (lettuce salad with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, unsalted sunflower seeds and fat free dressing) was 115. Lunch will be around 250, so that will leave about 600 calories for dinner. Not sure what we will be doing yet, maybe chicken and rice.

KaylaChristine 01-04-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moondance (Post 4156172)
Happy Wednesday!

One day at a time right now. All the sweets (chocolate!) I indulged in over the last 2 weeks has given me some pretty persistent cravings. I'm having to start all over again in that department. :( I did it to myself though. Good lesson learned! Stayed well on plan yesterday, though my portion sizes at dinner were too big. But at least I'm eating too much chicken and wild rice and not sweets!

Kayla: Shrinking boobs? Bummer...I better not tell my DH that it's a possibility! He's happy I'm losing weight, but I'm not sure he'll like that side effect! WTG on getting a routine you like and can stick with! :cb:

Good job on staying on plan yesterday! It's super hard when going through cravings. Good luck today!

Yeah, when I was a D cup when I was 204 lbs, then as I lost weight and got down to 135 lbs, I was a steady C. I measured myself though, and now I'm measuring at at 40B, which is okay I guess. They actually look more perky and better than they have at a D or C though. I'm guessing it's due to my working out more, so really it's a good thing I guess :)

-----
Had a successful lunch break! Went home and did a 20 minute Zumba workout. I then took my lunch to work and ate exactly what I planned, nothing more :carrot: Woohoo!

Italiannie 01-04-2012 02:00 PM

Hi Everyone! Busy day for me, so I'm on the run. It's nice to see so many getting back on track. I'm right there with you!

Yesterday - 192.8
Today - 192.6
Valentine Goal = 179

berryblondeboys 01-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaylaChristine (Post 4156319)
Good job on staying on plan yesterday! It's super hard when going through cravings. Good luck today!

Yeah, when I was a D cup when I was 204 lbs, then as I lost weight and got down to 135 lbs, I was a steady C. I measured myself though, and now I'm measuring at at 40B, which is okay I guess. They actually look more perky and better than they have at a D or C though. I'm guessing it's due to my working out more, so really it's a good thing I guess :)

-----
Had a successful lunch break! Went home and did a 20 minute Zumba workout. I then took my lunch to work and ate exactly what I planned, nothing more :carrot: Woohoo!

Are you sure you are a 40 bust? That would seem odd that your band side has stayed the same, but your cup size has gone down. Measure directly under your boobs while braless making sure to keep the measuring tape horizontal all around. That is your band size. Do not add inches (that is outdated info). Now with a good bra on measure around the widest part of your breast without squashing them. That is how you determine your cup size. My rib cage is 34" and around my breasts is 41". That makes me a 34f or g depending on the manufacturer.

Let me find a good link for you.

Here's is a good link: http://www.barenecessities.com/featu...ame=fit_sizing

KaylaChristine 01-04-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4156440)
Are you sure you are a 40 bust? That would seem odd that your band side has stayed the same, but your cup size has gone down. Measure directly under your boobs while braless making sure to keep the measuring tape horizontal all around. That is your band size. Do not add inches (that is outdated info). Now with a good bra on measure around the widest part of your breast without squashing them. That is how you determine your cup size. My rib cage is 34" and around my breasts is 41". That makes me a 34f or g depending on the manufacturer.

Let me find a good link for you.

Here's is a good link: http://www.barenecessities.com/featu...ame=fit_sizing

Thank you! I got several (I mean tons and TONS) of different results at different websites. My rib cage is also 34". I need to go remeasure again tonight and figure it out again. I'll let you know what it measures later tonight when I get off work. Thanks again!

lucindaarrowspark 01-04-2012 02:52 PM

Hello glorious Wednesday.
I avoided the sweetned-non-dairy coffee creamer today. Because that darn creamer is my trigger.
I will be strong w/ all of you by my side.
Infact here it is, 2:51 pm and i am not craving booze and carbs.
Hurray!!!

berryblondeboys 01-04-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaylaChristine (Post 4156467)
Thank you! I got several (I mean tons and TONS) of different results at different websites. My rib cage is also 34". I need to go remeasure again tonight and figure it out again. I'll let you know what it measures later tonight when I get off work. Thanks again!

I don't understand why so many place still say to add inches to the band size. All that does is give you a band that rides up your back. Most of the weight of the breast should be taken on by the band, not the shoulders, but that is opposite of how many sites give info. I guess it doesn't matter a heck of a lot to those less chesty, but for those of us carrying much heavier breasts, it makes a huge difference.

ItsMyTurn 01-04-2012 03:03 PM

Moondance - You are so sweet :) Thank you so much, yes, I am doing better each day and was even able to do a real walk last evening :D My mornings seem harder than the rest of the day now and I will so take it, as that is a huge improvement. As for the bedroom... I LOVE IT! The first time I tried to have them match the color from a cloth, and it was so wrong (but should work in the main bath upstairs), so the next time we found a paint swatch that best matched and had them make it from that... superb!!!! I will have to take a pic and post sometime :) Our big bathroom is going to be this coming weekend... it's the big room of double-sink, shower, and garden tub, and then the side room of it that has the flush in it - so not so small of a job, but should be so worth it. I found the color I want in there already too, and it will be a wonderful transition from the bedroom to the bath :)
I totally hear you on bad cravings - lesson learned with you :) It's bad, I swear I never considered myself a food-addict before, but swear I have the shakes from withdrawals off the sweet carbs! Last night I fed myself a protein plus bar and that helped a ton... protein which I needed, plus it was sweet too

Mizzie - Great job on the workout :) That's an excellent mix for your fitness!

Kayla - way to stay on your plan! Not diverting off of what we figure for a day can sometimes be the hardest thing to do :)

KaylaChristine 01-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4156485)
I don't understand why so many place still say to add inches to the band size. All that does is give you a band that rides up your back. Most of the weight of the breast should be taken on by the band, not the shoulders, but that is opposite of how many sites give info. I guess it doesn't matter a heck of a lot to those less chesty, but for those of us carrying much heavier breasts, it makes a huge difference.

If I remember correctly, my bust measures at 38". So if I were to take 38-34=4 inch difference. So I'd be a 34D? That's a big difference from what all the rest had said (I even got a 38AA result once, lmao). Idk, my breasts have really perked up since my initial weight loss of 60ish lbs. I'm currently wearing a 36C, it just doesn't ever feel right. Maybe I never even went down from a D cup, they just lifted & firmed up and look smaller?? Idk I've probably always worn the wrong size :p I may have to go to Walmart tonight and try on various bras lmao. I'll definitely re-measure when I get home though.

berryblondeboys 01-04-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaylaChristine (Post 4156516)
If I remember correctly, my bust measures at 38". So if I were to take 38-34=4 inch difference. So I'd be a 34D? That's a big difference from what all the rest had said (I even got a 38AA result once, lmao). Idk, my breasts have really perked up since my initial weight loss of 60ish lbs. I'm currently wearing a 36C, it just doesn't ever feel right. Maybe I never even went down from a D cup, they just lifted & firmed up and look smaller?? Idk I've probably always worn the wrong size :p I may have to go to Walmart tonight and try on various bras lmao. I'll definitely re-measure when I get home though.

I went from a 40G to a 34F/G from 255 to 170. Breasts themselves look less, but I think they are just shaped differently. Can't say I'm perky. Never have been.