3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/1 Happy New Year! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/249447-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-1-happy-new-year.html)

JanessaFaith 01-02-2012 12:20 PM

Thanks Diana and Berry for the info! I'm gonna guess my Christmas gain was a lot of water weight since I gained 6 lbs in 3 days. LOL and its mostly gone now.

Mamakat, My MIL and one of my best friends has done gastric bypass. My MIL was years ago and she got under 200 lbs and didn't like the excess skin so she allowed herself to gain some back. But now she has gained quite a bit back and keeps talking about joining a gym. My best friend just did it in October and there is already a huge difference, but she's not getting any exercise which according to my MIL she should be. So I don't know. Surgery definitely wasn't for me... too many restrictions! I like food. :p

Berry, I think I am learning the same thing about myself and simple sugars! Its amazing, I never paid any attention to how different foods effected me. Now I realize that sugars make me feel kinda jittery and just not right. Greasy food makes my stomach hurt. Its interesting, and I'm glad to be learning so much about myself. Through this and trying to conceive, I have learned so much about my body, and am still learning!

Diana, I never knew that eating certain things helped with cravings. I'm learning so much here. I wish I had joined months ago!!

Well you ladies are hard to keep up with but I am trying! I'll do my food log tonight, that seems to be easiest. Today is gonna be my first 2 hour gym day! Wish me luck I am NOT looking forward to it! LOL But I am looking forward to hopefully dropping weight faster. This year I have really learned the importance of exercise!

Larry H 01-02-2012 06:58 PM

I am back on plan!! I went on my first bicycle ride since having cardiac bypass surgery in April. My legs felt like rubber but I managed to ride 5 miles in the Florida sunshine. I feel really good about accomplishing that. It gives me a starting point from which to start increasing my riding distance.

Roast Chicken with potatoes and brussels sprouts for lunch. Low sodium tuna sandwich for dinner with celery and grape tomato finger food.

Total calories today 835 and total sodium today was 890 mg :D:carrot::D

Weight this morning was 225 :(

Larry,

mamakat 01-02-2012 08:04 PM

I had a clean day, 200 over the calories, but carbs only 19 (awesome). I'm dealing with the after affects of my carb binge. I've had a migraine for a day and half now and I'm sluggish. I headed out for a walk today, but the cold wind blew me right back inside :lol: Maybe tomorrow.

qtkitty 01-02-2012 09:43 PM

Morning Weight 386.4

Breakfast
2 eggs 140
1/8 c milk 19
1 oz cream cheese 100
6 multigrain wheat thins 56

Sub Total 315

Lunch
Late breakfast

Dinner
4oz Eye of Round roast 184
1 Med. Yukon Gold Potato Baked 110
1/2c Green Beans 40
1 TBSP Sour Cream 30
Apple Crisp 504

Sub Total 868

Daily Total 1183

Water 72

Mamakat~ *lol* I could stand to loose a shoe size depending on the brand I am a size 11 to 12.. And most of the dressy shoes ( when you can find them and in my size *LOL*) around here are so tight width wise I can’t even get my feet in them at the ball of the foot. Growing up I wore mostly men’s shoes once I got into middle school because It was impossible to find my size around here at all. I hate my shoe size because most of the time the shoes left on racks that are in my size look like men’s/ those gnarly old nurse shoes ( sure they are comfortable but severely lacking in any sort of fashion) or transvestite shoes ( yah know the ones with the crazy heels that are some sort of neon color with a HUGE flower). Side note nothing against trannies just couldn’t wear something like that to work

I do hope that the migraine has subsided. I hate migraines with a passion !!

Berry~ Thank you … I am going to have to check it out * nods* Maybe there is a Wii category hehe … although I am still trying to figure out how to use Wii fitness with out having to weigh in since being over 330( working on it ) I can’t use the balance board yet there are a lot of games to play that do not require the balance board on Wii fitness… sighs.

Diana3271 01-02-2012 10:10 PM

Qtkitty Great job staying strong against the extra truffles. It's hard, but your did it! :bravo: I also wear a size 11 shoe. Unfortunately, my foot size didn't shrink with my weight loss. I tend to be special that way. ;) I have always been "different". ;)

Artykay Great job on the motivation.

Mamakat I hope you had a better day and less pain. Congrats on the clean eating! My fingers swell when I workout, too.

Larry You have done a great job this year! Sending you some motivational cheering! :carrot: Great job on the bike ride.

Italiannie Congrats on the 5 pound loss during the holiday! That's fantastic!

Berry I hope you can make it to your spinning class tomorrow.

Kede I'm back to work tomorrow, too. I like getting back to a regular routine, but I also like sleeping late. ;) Have a great week!

JanessaFaith I also use a lot of cinnamon on my morning English muffin. I think the cinnamon helps to regulate sugar, so it probably helps with cravings, too.

Diana3271 01-02-2012 10:15 PM

Total Approx 1285 Calories + :coffee:

Another successful day. Again, I ate lower calorie than I normally do, although I didn't get hungry for some reason. Tomorrow I will be back to my regular routine.

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (220 calories)
English Muffin 100 calories
topped with 1/2 cup cottage cheese 100 calories
w/cinnamon + pumpkin butter 20 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
3 orders steamed broccoli 300 calories

Exercise
TF HIIT 15
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (upper body, cardio, boxing premix w/#8's and weighted gloves)

berryblondeboys 01-02-2012 11:19 PM

Hey all. Today was a rough day with food. Really Rough and that scares the crap out of me. I am still on a wait list for the morning spinning class, but if that one stays full, I did make it into an evening class. I will be exercising tomorrow and that should help me get my head on straight. Exercise does that for me better than most anything else besides sleep.

Had a nice day with my mentee. We made cookies, but I managed to stay out of those. We went to chipotle for dinner and I made good choices there too, but then something came over me and I bought a large peppermint mocha at McDonald's and two holiday pies. What the he$$? I feel awful now too and my gut is huge.... So mad at myself.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will not get derailed. Off to bed now to get sleep to help fight these demons.

Night all!

JanessaFaith 01-03-2012 01:04 AM

Larry, you seem like a cool guy! I'm glad you got your bike ride in!!

Qtkitty, I wear a 10-11 shoe so I feel your pain!

Diana, thanks for the cinnamon tip! I need help with my blood sugar anyway so I may have to start putting cinnamon in my morning tea or something.

Berry, Sorry you didn't have the best food day! Sometimes its hard to "just say no"

JanessaFaith 01-03-2012 01:25 AM

So I did pretty good today. Total calorie intake: 1295 Total burned with cardio: 632

Weight: 210, up 3 lbs from Saturday! :( My weight has really been fluctuating lately. I miss the days when it was always going down...

Breakfast:
Quaker apples & cinnamon oatmeal, 2 packets

Lunch:
Healthy Choice steamer, Grilled Chicken Marinara

Snack:
Skinny Cow PB Heavenly Crisp candy bar

Dinner:
1/4 lb turkey burger
slice of mild cheddar cheese
Aunt Hattie's hamburger bun
Homemade french fries (which were too greasy and are not agreeing with me)
Ketchup (which I just realized I didn't count... oops)

Snack:
Applesauce with cinnamon
Chocolate calcium chews, 3

Exercise:
Elliptical, 30 minutes
Bicycle, 20 minutes
Treadmill, 17 minutes
14 weight machines, upper and lower body

**Please tell me if you see me doing something unhealthy. I am here to learn and very interested in your input. I put my weight loss plan together on my own with no professional help so I really can't be sure that its the "right" way to do it. I know that everyone is different, but if, for example, its not save to get so much exercise, please let me know. I can't guarantee I will take your advice but I can guarantee I will appreciate it!

mamakat 01-03-2012 06:32 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

down 1.8lbs today...that's still without a visit to the potty. Ugh, gluten is the devil!

Janessa I think exercise is great. Now according to Dr. Oz (and I'm not saying agree or disagree) we should exercise (added movement from everyday living...some of us are sedentary ((raises hand)) so movement needs to actually exercise :p) for one hour every day. Now I've heard 30 mins at least 6 days a week too. MFP totals whatever you do into a week thing, so say some days you can exercise more than others :shrug: Whatever you feel good with, is a good indicator (at least for me). I also read that over an hour just really is too much, but you know you best. Movement is GREAT, so keep moving. :)

Berry :hug: sorry about yesterday. I hope today is better for you. Is spinning today or tomorrow..either way, I hope you got it in.

Diana I stayed in bed all day. I tried to sleep the migraine off and tummy is so hating the gluten now. So I'm gonna be roughing it for a few more days. I'm sucking down my probiotics though in hopes that relief is soon. :D

Larry glad to see you are back on plan. I hope the pounds start melting away. Bike ride sounds awesome, I really need to get back to the gym (recumbent bike) now that it's too stinking cold outside here. Florida must be lovely right now :)

qtkitty I had a friend with a bigger size shoe and a difficult time in finding things that are cute or decent for girls. I think stores are getting better, but like anything, if it's a specialty, it's expensive. Men are lucky in so many ways...it's a man's world, waiting any day now, we women will take over :D 2012 will be our year. Shoes for all! OK, fantasy over. I love shoes and if I could wear them, I'd have a closet full (especially the kind you described) alas, I have a dumb foot so I have to wear sneaks (foot doc said forever...that's really hard to do when you go to weddings :lol:)

Hello to all the friends who come in to sneak a peek. I hope you have a wonderful day. :wave:

Today's plan is (drum roll please) yep, laundry :rofl: Oh and since it's Tuesday (ugh) New Haven. I forgot what I said I'd talk about :lol: I remember tell you all what it was, but now I forgot. I should have written it down and put in on my fridge. It's boring when you just sit there...course that hasn't happened yet. I hate New Haven. Let's hope the parking was like last week (come on people of New Haven, please have taken an extended vacation)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!!

Diana3271 01-03-2012 07:12 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Let's make it a great week! :carrot:

It's back to work for me, today. I really need to figure out a way to retire. ;)

Calories for yesterday: 1285 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 151
Down: 1.2 pounds

I'm not sure if I will be able to get back on here today at work. IE at work doesn't seem to like this site.

Berry All of my extra weight seemed to go to my belly, too. It was really obvious. I didn't have this issue when I naturally weighed in the 150 range. Also, yesterday I went to the bathroom (BM) 3 or 4 times! I was really full of stuff! :lol: I also contribute this to my previous allergic reaction. My clothes felt so tight after the 7 pound gain. Are you clothes feeling tight, too? Are you going to the bathroom normally. Sorry about all the questions, but this is new to me, too. I was amazed about how much better I felt yesterday. More clearheaded.

JanessaFaith Your menu looks good to me. I don't see anything way out of line. You could be having hormonal issues or sodium issues. Great job on your workout. Are you sore from working out? If so, you could be holding onto water weight for muscle repair. If you want to add some cinnamon, you can add it to you coffee or tea. I also see that you had oatmeal and some applesauce. You can add extra cinnamon to that.

Mamakat Congrats on getting rid of that 1.8 pounds! Some of my allergic reaction symptoms sound similar to your gluten reactions. I guess they are all similar since they are a food intolerance. I used to take probiotics. I stopped taking them when I was eliminating products due to my food allergy. Now I eat yogurt most days, but there are not as many organisms as in a supplement. What brand do you take?

mamakat 01-03-2012 07:31 AM

Diana I take Colon Health. I stop using it when I'm completely clean because I have no problems with pain or going to the bathroom. I take so many stinking pills so I fear bad interaction between them. The Levoxyl is the biggest pain though. SO many rules for one dumb pil.l :p It takes a while for the probiotic to work and OMG, right now my belly is super angry. I drank some coffee and it's too it's limit, it's screaming 'no more, no more'. Yeah, I never knew until 2010 that I even had an intolerance to gluten. I never even heard of it, people eat wheat every day :shrug: but you know I'm learning you can be allergic to just about anything, even the good stuff like legumes for you and veggies for my daughter. Things are funny, keeps us always on our toes :)

berryblondeboys 01-03-2012 07:50 AM

If its glycogen I'm storing, glycogen is mostly stored in the liver, sonthatwould explain the bigger gut. But also, true, I haven't making any more frequent trips to the bathroom and when I'm eatingn clean I only go every 3-4 days (not constipated, just don't need to go, but when I do go, it's normal and yes, that is normal). But with all the extra food I've eaten, I should be going more...

I made sure to get better sleep last night, so with exercise, more sleep and a more normal schedule, it should be much better today. I feel much better today.

Eta: and no change on the scale - up or down, so that is that and now it is up to me. I feel good about today. Good sleep is is crucial. I'm being selfish and not getting up with my husband and teen in the morning. It makes a huge difference to get that extra hour of sleep and my husband realizes that.

Italiannie 01-03-2012 10:41 AM

Good Morning Everyone!
I love reading your posts. Keep them coming. Well, it's nice to get back to the "real world." I've officially put the holidays behind. I did lose about 5lbs during the last few weeks, so I'm trying to ramp that up to an average of about 2lbs a week to get to my Valentine Goal.
I'm hoping it will be easier, as I did enjoy some holiday eating, however I know I can pack it on with cereal, toast and peanut butter just as easily as cookies and holiday dinners. LOL
Have a great day!

1/2/12 – 193.6
1/3/12 - 192.8 (-.8)
Valentine Goal = 179

Moondance 01-03-2012 11:51 AM

Happy Tuesday!

I am so annoyed with the "script error" while using Microsoft's IE for this site. :tantrum: It got so I couldn't get on anymore. :stress: I'm using Firefox now...but had to wait until I got back to work and could look up my password in order to post!

Just to backtrack a bit...Happy New Year everyone!!!:newyear:

The scale was all over the place the last two weeks...but I managed to get it back to where it belongs by yesterday's WI, just one pound up from when my holiday break began (now at 188). A total victory in my book! :dancer:

Note to self: chocolate in the house means I WILL eat it. :chockiss: I can't promise myself to save it for later; I can't "hide" it from myself, nor can I ration it. Solution: Don't buy it! :nono:

Diane, Mamakat, Berry: Thanks for posting regularly during the holidays. I read as much as I could. It's always reassuring to know I'm not alone in the holiday eating struggle! Thank you for your wisdom and consistency! :grouphug:

Larry, qtkitty, K9, Italiannie, ArtyKay: Nice to see you all and know you're still working towards your goals. :wave:

Janessa, Sharo, Kede: Nice to meet you and welcome to the boards. :welcome3: