3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/1 Happy New Year! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/249447-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-1-1-happy-new-year.html)

mamakat 01-07-2012 09:33 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

When I woke up this morning, I was excited: scale is down 207.6, no headache and not nauseated. Bout five minutes into the morning 2 out of three changed, but hey I'm still 207.6. That means I'm coming down and not going up! YAY.

qtkitty sorry you didn't feel well yesterday, I so hate sensitivity headaches but smell to me is the worst. You can turn off the light and hopefully dull the sound, but smell is something you don't always have control over. Even worse it sometimes gets in your nose or on your close and lingers. I hope you feel better today. :)

Larry "waiting until I trim my fingernails" you must have wolverine's problem with heavy metals :rofl: How is the weather today?

Diana Good morning Diana, what is your plan today. I promised DD I'd take her to get her (boy) friend a xmas yesterday, but I couldn't so I have to do it today. The one she ordered for him (a matching ring to hers) didn't come and they no longer sell it. So sad...she's going to be 12 in 2 weeks and they're already wearing matching jewelry...what has our youth come to? :lol: as long as it's only jewelry ;)

berry OK, no more gluten. Happy Birthday to Sven and Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Ilovemo your snacks looked yummy ;)

kede I haven't had hushpuppies in years. OMG, even though they were bad, did they taste good? Now I want fish and hushpuppies. They don't make them here...maybe that's a good thing. I swore off gluten and I'm already wanting it...:)

happyday welcome back.

buffjim wow 40 min walk out in the cold with a sprained knee dodging and weaving the ice...I'd say that's a great exercise. Good job!

Hello to everyone I missed, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I want to go out for a walk, almost did yesterday...glad I didn't. For a second, I felt good enough, but that quickly changed and to be away from home that would have sucked. But I'll see how I feel after coffee (might help with headache). I have to keep reminding myself I will be taking DD out, she's always indecisive so chances are I'll get a little walking in and become totally grumpy to boot...will beg DH to go with us to be our buffer :D

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Moondance 01-07-2012 10:47 AM

Happy Saturday!

Making good progress in with the house purge. It really feels good! I am so annoyed with the cravings I'm still having. I didn't realize how quick and strong any kind of sweets triggers the desire for more...lots more! I have no chocolate in the house (which is my downfall). I've been munching on almonds instead. Other than the salt, it's a pretty good substitute.

Itsmyturn: I love heels too. Have you noticed that right now almost all the heels available in stores are too high? It's 4" high or flats. Not a lot in between. I'm too old for the really high ones. Did find some great ankle boots (grey) with a 2" heel. Great job staying away from the vending machine!

Mamakat: Wow lady! You sure are going through a lot right now! I'm sorry to hear about all the diagnosis problems you had over the years. But very glad to know you now have appropriate treatments for your ailments. Now you just need to get back on track with everything at the same time. Don't let yourself get dehydrated!! Hpe you get your walk in today.

HealthHappy: Welcome to 3FC!!

Kayla: I know I'm taking a lot of satisfaction in learning about my body. Sounds like you are too. And knowledge is power. So as we learn, we have the power to make the positive changes we need to. Great job!!

Jim: Love all the exercise you're doing! I found out the hard way how fast the beer calories can add up when I was on a 5 month business trip in FL. Hope you're staying away from it!!

BBB: What a bummer about the car! It's incredible how a much damage a "low speed" crash can cause. We like our conveniences in the car, but they cost a lot to repair! I love how you walked to school a couple of times. Your description is a great illustration of how exercise can reduce stress and help adjust a mood...so much better than food ever could! Keep fighting those hunger pangs!! Merry Christmas too!

HappyDay: Nice to see you again...glad you're feeling better!

Kede: Are hushpuppies and fritters the same thing? They serve fritters at a lot of restaurants where I stayed in FL. One place served it with a cinnamon butter. mmmmmm!

Ilovemo: Step away from the snacks... I wonder if a better variety of food throughout the day would help with the snacking. I would get bored with the same thing all day.

qykitty: Glad your headache is better! The think the smell sense is one of the least understood of our senses. Glad you had a relatively quick recovery!

Larry: I don't often forget my HBP pills, and really notice when I do. I'm constantly amazed at how much sodium is in the things we buy at the store. So hard to keep away from it. I too don't add any at the table, and hardly any to my cooking. Each ingredient seems to have enough of it's own!

qtkitty 01-07-2012 10:56 AM

Larry H~ *blinks* Nails make that much difference in the weight? OMG Your really a valosaraptor in disguise aren't you?

Mamakat~ I have gotten full blown sinus infections from Polo ( the guy calone) before. I hit a wall of it and the next day was at the doctors. The day before before the polo I was perfectly healthy and fine. Weird body reaction.

I have a click Sharpie. I have to click it open do what I need to and close it quick. It gives me a headache and nausea too. I thought it was just the fumes from it. After yesterday I am wondering if some of what I thought was allergies and weak immune system wasn't actually a sensitivity to smells or chemicals or something. I was having such bad allergies that I was taking 2 allergy meds everyday and musinex and 2 alieve and it was not kicking it.

Moondance~Of course *lol* In general I am un-understood makes perfect since hahaha

MzJuicyD 01-07-2012 12:25 PM

Hello everyone! I know ive been gone for months but I hid from you guys because I was doing soooooo bad. Weight loss the second half of last year was so much harder than the beginning. It got to the point where I just gave up AGAIN! I ate like a maniac during the holidays and really started to feel bad about myself again. It got to the point where I hated seeing people in public who knew I was trying to shed the pounds. In my mind they were probably thinking "i thought she lost 40 pounds?". I feel like I look terrible!

I tried exercising a week after Christmas but I was hit with a knee injury. Then after that got better, I was hit with a terrible sinus infection AND ear infection. Now I'm starting to feel like myself again. I still havent started back exercising but I really did focus on my eating this week. I tried not to eat no more than 1600 calories, which was way less than what i was eating over the holidays lol. I started this year a 257.4 and this morning I was 256.0. Feels great dropping 1.4 pounds just from cutting back calories alone.

I really cant wait to start exercising again. I bought a treadmill and keep it in my bedroom. I cant really hit the gym as much anymore because of my new job schedule (im Full time now! yesssss!) but I will do what I can. I don't know why this journey is so darn difficult! Why do I have such a hard time staying motivated? lol

ItsMyTurn 01-07-2012 12:54 PM

Ack! Yesterday I did all personals and it didn't post! Work computer sucks for this site sometimes!!!! Please excuse that I am not re-writing it all... but... moving forward..

Larry - I am finally pretty much over the residual cravings - Lordy that seemed to take forever

Moondance - I love my heels. I also got some booties with a 2 1/2" heel (not so high) that are black and have cute etching details in them. I don't mind the 4" heels so much as long as they have some sort of stabilizing to them - I am not a spiked heel person - break my dang neck! I have a ton of wedges, and also like the chunky heels :)

Went for another walk/jog last night when I got home... was stiff/sore after, but this morning there were no after effects.. I do believe my body is starting to behave! Today will be something cardio and painting the bathroom (I so started something last weekend, LOL!) Have a great day all!

shishkeberry 01-07-2012 02:43 PM

I'm not sure what happened but I'll take it! I had a lebanon bologna incident last night (sodium) but this morning there was no water gain and I even had a small loss! Woah. 225.6 this morning! DF and I are going out tonight (NO KIDS! :carrot: ) to use a Cracker Barrel gift card that we got for Christmas. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Italiannie 01-07-2012 02:53 PM

Hi Everyone! I almost forgot to post today.
Hope we all have an On Plan weekend!

Yesterday - 192.0
Today - 191.4
Valentine Goal = 179

berryblondeboys 01-07-2012 08:56 PM

I might need to roll myself to bed tonight.... O.m.g.

Larry H 01-07-2012 09:08 PM

Down another pound today to 219. :D:carrot::D

Got in a 5 mile bicycle ride today as it was sunny and 72 degrees.

Binged today on bread which put me over on calories at 2039 my goal is 1500 :( I still had a negative calorie balance but not much, only 76 calories to the good.

I am also over on sodium today at 2696 mg my goal is 1500 mg :(

Larry,

qtkitty 01-07-2012 09:44 PM

Morning Weight 385.2

Breakfast
2 grapes 6
Breakfast Sandwich 400
Sub Total 406

Lunch
1 slice bbq chicken pizza 300
1 1/2c 2% milk 195
Sub Total 495

Dinner
Beef Veggie Soup 250
Sour Cream 30
Large Pumpkin Muffin 270
Sub Total 550

Daily Total 1451

Water 72

MzJuicyD~ Hey your getting back on track that’s what counts!!

Larry~ Congrats on another pound down!!

ItsMyTurn~ that’s great that exercise isn't hurting as much

Mamakat~ When I was looking for the Pumpkin Muffin recipe I ran across this.. Since you are trying to fight the gluten cravings maybe you could trick yourself by making gluten free foods?

http://divinehealthfromtheinsideout....tengrain-free/

Diana3271 01-07-2012 10:51 PM

Mamakat I could sense, from you post, that you are feeling a little better. I hope so. Maybe even well enough for that walk. :carrot:

Moondance Great job on the house. I wish I could get rid of some more of DH's stuff. I can't because what's left is either brand new or expensive. I need to buy more boxes and take his stuff to our business to store. :lol: Something odd with me with sugar/cravings. You have seen me post about the English muffins/cottage cheese/cinnamon/pumpkin butter. I tried it with the cinnamon raisin bagel thins. The calories are similar to the English muffins, but they don't have as much protein and fiber as my English Muffins and the sugar is higher in the bagel thins. Eating this combo with the Bagel Thins caused me to have cravings. The English muffins don't. :dunno:

MzJuicyD Hi! Welcome Back! It's good to see you! Take it one step at a time and don't get frustrated. It takes time to get it all back in sync! You can do it though!

Itsmyturn I'm glad that the cravings have subsided for you. That's a toughie. You have to stay clean and wait it out. Great job on the walk/jog last night.

Shishkeberry I hope you have a great evening out. What did you order? I like ordering from the Cracker Barrel Low Carb Menu. Here's some info on their foods: http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/r.../crackerbarrel I like to order their grilled chicken tenderloins and greens.

Italiannie Great job on the .6.

Berry It's hard. You will be through this time and back on track in no time. Hang in there.

Larry Great job on that pound gone!

Qtkitty Great menu today.

Diana3271 01-07-2012 10:58 PM

Total Approx 1610 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch 220 calories :drool:
Toasted English Muffin 100 calories
topped with pumpkin butter + extra cinnamon 20 calories
and 1/2 cup cottage cheese 100 calories

Dinner (1025 Calories)
1/6 cup dry orzo pasta cooked 105 calories
1/8 cup feta cheese 30 calories
5 kalamata olives 20 calories
steamed spinach 100 calories
grilled asparagus 100 calories
Herb roasted chicken 500 calories
dessert toasted English Muffin 100 calories
topped with pumpkin butter + extra cinnamon 20 calories
1/4 cup cottage cheese 50 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

qtkitty 01-07-2012 11:21 PM

Diana3271~ Thanks ...I was wanting pumpkin badly. I couldn't find the recipe in a cook book so I looked online for a recipe similar to the pumpkin recipe we normally use. I altered it of course to make it fit more closely to our normal recipe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pumpkin Muffin

2c. Wheat Flour
1c. Sugar
1c. Oatmeal
2 tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1tsp Cinnamon

1 c Egg Beaters
1 single serving cup apple sauce
29 oz Pumpkin Puree
1/4c Honey

1/2c Crasins
1/2c Chopped Dates
1/2c Chopped Pecans

Mix dry ingredients.Add wet ingredients and mix. Then the add-ins as desired and mix. Another add in could be some semi sweet or dark chocolate chips. Spritz pan with cooking spray before putting batter in or use muffin liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. They are super moist.

Makes 24 regular Muffins ( or 12 Jumbo Muffins) 135 Calories per regular muffin and 270 for Jumbo Muffins.

The original recipe called for 3 cups of sugar. Can you imagine..Bleck. I reduced the sugar by 2/3 and added 1/4 c of honey( basically because our honey had crystalized and I had a hard enough time getting 1/4 cup out *LOL*). This batch was sweeter than I like next time I think I am going to opt out of sugar completely and double the honey.

qtkitty 01-08-2012 07:33 AM

Morning weight 388.4

What gives :?:... sighs... I know I didn't pee much in comparison to my water intake yesterday but geeze!! It is still a little depressing. I think this week counts as a rough week. I am going to stick with it though and see where it goes...YAY!!:carrot:

mamakat 01-08-2012 08:40 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I did feel a little better yesterday. I did not eat DH's Saturday breakfast, instead had a shake (was still iffy on food). We went to Walmart where I picked out this cute little love necklace for DD's (boy)friend, that girls was trying to get him to wear girly stuff, luckily I was around :lol: Afterwards we went to lunch. I had a very high in calorie salad (Uno's cob salad) and then we went home where I moaned until I fell asleep. I went nearly the whole day without a migraine (just the bruise ache). Then we had dinner, which was good, but tummy still isn't liking food so now it's upset. I'm not sure why I'm still not "digesting".

Moondance I think the worst part of having a lot of stuff wrong with me, was that they couldn't figure it out for so long. Some of this stuff I've had since a kid so it was a super long time to wait. And to be honest, some doctors treated me like a hypochondriac which had my DH suspecting as well. So the proof and diagnosis was relief in of itself. I thought I was going crazy for a long time...that's right, they diagnosed that too :lol: Seriously though, that was half the battle, now I get by with knowing what is what and life is so much easier (medical wise). :)

Diana I did feel better thank you. I didn't go for an official walk because we didn't start out to Walmart till later in the day. But I was whipping through the store without any pain. It was nice. SO glad I didn't eat before we shopped. I woke up with my tummy gurgling like mad, it's trying so hard I feel bad for it. Look what I did to poor tummy and now he has to get better. What stinks is I can't have TUMS or stuff like that to help it along. So we wait :D But my sun is shining on the water right now so maybe I can go for a little walk, even if I drive to the boardwalk and just do that, we'll see.

qtkitty that's definitely a fluctuation, try not to be depressed about it, I know easier said than done. I hate when they go up so much, but they really do come back down. :hug:

berry why are you being rolled, tired or full? How was Sven's day and Christmas? I hope it was wonderful.

ItsMyTurn awesome job on getting that run in. Even better that it didn't hurt later on. Gives you a bit of motivation to do it again. Did you run with son?

Larry 72 degrees (aww, so jealous) nice bike ride, good job.

MzJuicy glad to see you're back. Hey congrats on full time job, nicely done. Yay, on getting a home treadmill and how nice that you are thinking better of yourself then down. You have done so wonderfully, I know you will again.

Shish awesome job. Hope you enjoyed your night out.

Hello to everyone I missed.

I hope you have a wonderful and healthy day.