Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #106  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

I'm up .8 too. I was on plan, but I did eat a few large bowls of Lentil Soup. Hoping it's just H2O weight, but it is what it is. I was almost going to fib and report no change (how pathetic is that - and at Christmas LOL).
Anyway. Here are my numbers:

Start 198.5
Yesterday 193.8
Today 194.6 + .8 (-3.9 in 1 1/2 week)
Short Term Goal: Under 190 by New Years Day
Long Term Goal: 147

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'm sure you're all very busy. Enjoy the hustle and bustle.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

I did pretty well yesterday.

B-pineapple: 140
L-Spaghetti and meatballs: 320
S- mini chocolate: 45
S-pan fried curry chickpeas: 410
D-meatball sandwich: 405
beer: 96

Total: 1415

The chickpeas were a bit high in calories, but soooooo good and I pan fried them in 1 tbs of canola oil so I got some good fats in. I saved 1/4 cup to mix in with a can of tuna for a snack/small meal tomorrow when I go back to work.

I'm thinking next time I'll just drizzle the oil, toss them in the curry powder, garlic powder and turmeric, and broil them instead of frying.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Uggghh, I need a new scale. The one I have is a decent one...its the kind where you can track your weight loss, estimate your bmi, ect. The only thing is its being weird. For the past year, you have to kind of slam it on the floor for it to turn on, or scootch it around the room until it turns on. The past week, no matter how much I slam it on the floor I can't get it to turn on. It just flashes "L" at you.

So I think its time to say goodbye and get a new scale. I know I want a digital one...I'm wondering if its going to say a different weight from my dino-scale. hmm....
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #109  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all! I have a super busy day, but I'll make it through.

Delivered a tray with 124 pieces of Mandelbrot to Henry's school and the tray of 60 gingerbread for Henry's first grade today for their gingerbread activity. Now it's off to the store to buy for Christmas eve and day meals and then, somehow I need to squeeze in time to make that tablecloth for my husband, then help him pick frames for new glasses and then make Christmas eve dinner and if by some miracle there is still time, make cookies for my family and wrap presents. Phew! And dinner for tonight too has to fit in there...yikes!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #110  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

Qtkitty Ha Ha! Did you get that tuna salad made? Power always goes at the wrong time.

January Snow Have a safe trip and enjoy your family.

K9 Hi Thanks for stopping by and sharing your Christmas spirit with us.

Leaningonthelord Great job on the pound!

Itsmyturn My computer at work doesn't like 3FC's either. No worries about the personals. We know you have been very busy. I am so amazed at all you get done! I hope you had a great day!

Mamakat I'm sorry about the Big Mac fiasco. I hope you felt better as the day went on. I can only imagine what you are feeling.

Misti Did you have any sauces yesterday with the veggies? The 2 pounds could be from sodium.

Italiannie Hi I hope you had a great day.

Artykay Love me some curry! You beat the scale to death! Yep, I think you need a new one!

Berry Did you get it all done! You have been so busy! I read your post about water weight/glycogen. Interesting stuff.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-23-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:56 PM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

I ate less calories than I normally eat. I planned this because I will have a higher calorie day tomorrow and Sunday. Here's the funny thing. I was satisfied and didn't get hungry. Maybe the vegetables and cottage cheese was more satisfying than what I normally eat.

I forgot to mention something from the other day. We were talking about artificial sweetener and sodas, etc. There is a "diet" soda that uses Stevia instead of artificial sweeteners. It's called Zevia. I wanted to mention this in case someone wants to try it. http://www.zevia.com/

Total Approx 1240 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Iced Coffee w/sweet 'n low + cream 50 calories
Steamed cauliflower/broccoli 105
high fiber English Muffin 100 calories
Cinnamon
Pumpkin butter 20 calories
1/2 cup cottage cheese 100 caloires

Dinner (500 Calories)
6 grilled chicken tenderloins 200 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
Anni Mairs Life Force w/#3's and #5's
Old 12-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #112  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Just quickly popping in. Made two huge pots of stuffed sour cabbage for tomorrow night, batter for linzer cookies and homemade marzipan ready to shape tomorrow too and then I forgot i needed to make some tomato sauce with the tomatoes I bought cheap at the store this week. AND, I made a felt tablecloth with trim and some decorations for DHs Christmas present (he's been asking for it for a long time. And volunteered at my sons school today for an hour and made dinner - egg noodles with slightly creamy kale.

I'm beat....and another full day tomorrow.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #113  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi all

Diana, no, the veggies I had were fresh and raw... no sauces. I did the same thing today with all the food. Had two tomato slices, fresh onions, a couple of baby carrots, a stick of celery and a couple of cherry tomatoes... oh and a strawberry.

And yes I know everybody says it is just water but it still weighs the same and doesn't look good on me. I did weigh the same tonight when I got home from work though as I did this morning so that is good.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #114  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana Thank you, I was sluggish all day yesterday, but I'm happy to report the aches went away (didn't even take Tylenol this time...that's huge!) and tummy is still grumbling, but is way better. I know better, I just wish I could remember better I just saw an ad on the soda and was curious if they sold it in stores nationwide, if so I'll ask DH to pick some up for a try. I hope you have a great weekend!

Berry I couldn't imagine even doing half that on a good day. You and ItsMyTurn impressed the heck out of me. Did you even have time to eat yesterday? Can I ask why your DH wants a tablecloth? My DH is getting all kitchen stuff. before the kids were born, I made a stink, don't you dare get me a household appliance for xmas. Seemed like it was more for the house than me, funny, how things change. I hope you have a great weekend!

Misti keep doing what you're doing, good things will start happening on that scale. Whatever you do, when you start feeling like it's not working, remember you can sit on a stool now. Remember you NSV's maybe even write them down as encouragement and reminders. You are doing great things for your body, even if the scale is being mean. I hope you have a great weekend.

Arty I think you need to splurge and get yourself a new scale I got one from JobLot during the summer. I decided to change my weigh in to 6am in the mornings and take the hit from scale changes on the first day of school. It was a few pounds, but they came off quick enough. I couldn't figure my dumb scale out for a week (I'm not handy with anything that plugs in or uses batteries). But now I feel it's just another part of the family. He can make me happy or tick me off just as well as the rest of them I hope you have a great weekend!

Italiannie no need to fib as you are the one who needs to be aware most and even if you did fib to others, you still know. Besides, the truth will set you free and help you to move forward to a brighter and better day I hope you have a great weekend!

I want to wish all my friends Happy Holidays. I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #115  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Good weigh in today. Just need to get that 3.6+ off for my New Year Challenge.

Start 198.5
Yesterday 194.6
Today 193.6 -1 (-4.9 in 1 1/2 week)
Short Term Goal: Under 190 by New Years Day
Long Term Goal: 147

Hi Everyone, It sounds like some good food will be passed around for the holiday. I know we're all very busy, so I hope everyone finds some time to relax and enjoy their family and friends.

I don't write much, but I do read all of your posts, and I appreciate all of you. All so different. It's great fun and a huge help to be accountable on a daily basis, so thanks for being there. I'm grateful for each of you.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Happy Holiday!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #116  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I ate lower calories yesterday. I planned this since I have some higher calorie days coming up. The foods I had must have been a good combo of protein/carbs for me because I stayed satisfied all day. It looks like I have been dropping the water weight from TTOM and the allergic reaction. I was taking Allegra every other day. I saw a lower dosage (60mg vs 180 mg) of Allegra at the store yesterday and spoke with the pharmacist about it. I am going to start taking the lower dosage every day. I plan on doing his until the first of the year. We are going out of town for the holidays. I will be eating at new places. We know what kind of drama that causes for me with this crazy allergy.

Weigh In: 145.0
Down: .4

mamakat I'm glad the pain subsided some. DH and I were just talking about something similar this morning. He's a diabetic. A few months back he was doing pretty good with his eating. He fell off the wagon big time! His choice for breakfast is a Poptart, pastry, donuts, etc. Not good! He eats carbs/sweets all day. He has been complaining about hurting really badly and just feeling awful, in general. Anyways this morning he mentioned about the joints in his fingers hurting. It's hard talking to DH about sugar because he kinda "zones out" when I bring it up. I asked him if he knew that sugar was an inflammatory and causes arthritis like pain in the joints. He said yes that he could tell he had this going on. He said he was going to make some changes after the first of the year and he was tired of feeling bad. We'll see what happens. It's amazing the effects of different foods on us. Also, everyone is different. I have issues with sodium, other people don't seem to have these issues. Also, even though we know how foods effect us, it's so hard staying away from them. I know that if I eat heavy carbs/sweets that I will struggle with cravings. What do I do? I will indulge in these foods the first chance that I can work them in.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #117  

Height: 5'8.5"

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone.

Just rushing through, as my friend is picking me up in about an hour to go to a wildlife preserve on a photoshoot and I am still not out of bed LOL.

Mamakat, yes it is a good idea to write everything down. When I was here before I had an Excel database with a weight graph and NSV list, etc. Hmmm come to think about it, that is probably still in my other computer. Although I hate to have to move the weight thing back up from what it was earlier, ha.

I am back at 273 this morning. I really want that 272 so I can make a new ticker and I *really* want to hit the 260s as that does not sound as bad.

Stay on track over the next week or so, everyone! I am determined... I don't want to do a lot of damage I will have to pay for later, ha.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #118  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana Last year when we discovered I had Celiac's, I researched that stuff like mad. I learned that everything, minus cancer, could be related to the Celiac's. Of course, in my case, it wasn't but the Celiac's aggravated all the other things. There have even been cases where people have been diagnosed Bipolar due to Celiac's/gluten allergy. Same thing with the MD. I have noticed that my muscular problem is a lot less now that I eat clean. It amazes me that one tiny protein can affect a body that much. And sugar, too. But sometimes I and I'm sure others like me, forget. Sometimes the comfort food that I know will hurt me later, comforts me long enough to breathe. I wish protein did that for me, but it doesn't. So now it will take me two weeks to become clean again, but it only takes me about two-three days to stop craving the sugar. It's hard to say no even when you KNOW it's bad for your body.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Sitting here wrapping christmas presents as I wait for the pages to load *lol* Thank goodness my dd had to finish her christmas card to me, so I have been banned to my room YAY *lol* Maybe tonight will not be another 3 am getting to bed night * crosses my fingers * I am thinking I either got dd to much stuff or I am an ungawdly slow wrapper MEEP!!!

I am so proud of myself Last night I went to a friends house to take over christmas presents. Her dh works at a pizza place and asked if I wanted some dessert pizza. I said no thank you. My friend is trying diet as well so he knows not to push hahaha.

Yesterdays weigh in 396.6
This Mornings weigh in 394.0

Breakfast
Breakfast sandwich 220
gum 4
Sub Total 224

Lunch
1 1/2 c Tuna Salad 318
4 slices Pumpernickle bread 93
Gum 10
Sub Total 421

Snack
Quaker Carmel Corn 68

Dinner
Beef veggie soup 241

1 am snack ( I was up til 3 wrapping tum started growling like a fiend *lol*)
Tomatoe Bacon Dip and Crackers 400 ( guessing till I can find out real totals on that )

Daily Total 1354

Water Intake 72

January Snow ~ I actually email myself at every meal while I am at work with what I ate and take a few moments to look up calories online. I have an hour lunch so there is plenty of time to look up calories *LOL* As for making Lunch out work. It works out sometimes. I even reduced calories on my favorite meal at Perkin's the kickin chicken which has an ungawdly amount of calories just in the sandwich. I asked for a grilled chicken breast instead of the breaded fried crispy chicken. Then when it came out I took off one peice of the pepper jack cheese and some of the fried onion. I also opted for Brocilli with out butter instead of the fries which I never finish. I still get the same yum factor but with much less calories. Maybe someday I will have the will power to cut the sandwich in half. I end up leaving a bit of sandwich every time and being so full I am miserable ( I still have the complex that you have to have a clean plate, instead of when your full stop. )Next time I go there I think I will ask for a box with my meal and to start with cut the sandwich in half and put half in the box for the next days work lunch.

Diana~ Yes I got the Tuna Salad made. I have not had it since before my daughter was born 3+ years ago. I remembered after I ate it my tummy doesn't like fish although I love the taste of fish. My tummy didn't hurt to bad, but I felt woosy and could not drink a lot of water for the next few hours. So my water numbers were down. In reality the Tuna Salad doesn't have much Tuna in it its mostly other stuff. I think next time I may try with out the cheese and see if I really miss that.
BTW Pumpkin butter YUM!!!

MyTuna Salad
2 lrg cans (2 cups)Tuna 500
1/2c mircale whip 320
2 TBSP dill pickle cubes 10
Med Apple 72
1 c grapes 63
2 stalks celery 20
1/2c Carrots 35
1/4 sweet onion 16
2 oz cheese 240
Total 1276

Aprox 6 c of Tuna Salad
1c serving =213c
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #120  
PhDelicious

S/C/G: 256/ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Hey all!

Went over to a friends house, and she had a working scale! Woo hoo! I'm at 222, down a pound from when I left CA on Monday. 3 pounds to go beforeI hit my Jan. 1st goal. Normally I'd say it's a piece of cake, but considering it's the holidays, I should probably leave cake out of it!

Off to do a big mess of prep for tomorrow's dinner. Hopefully I'll get it all done and still have time to ACTUALLY do personals! Till then, I hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
SMess is offline   Reply With Quote