Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #16  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

Berry sorry to hear you slipped down the stairs. I can totally relate to the realization of falling heavier. I feared it (and still do) when my hip is bad. For a while I wouldn't work out in my basement in fear that they couldn't get me out if I got hurt. Oh the things we have to worry about on top of other things when we're overweight. Stollen sounds absolutely divine. I am a bread addict and as you described it, my mouth watered. Then you said butter and powdered sugar....oh it sounds so good.

Diana the actual plot is the same. the characters are the same and the situation is basically the same. I just had to get rid of characters...too many ruins the focus. and I really just needed to get rid of ALL the tragedies in Cinderella's life and focus on one. Prince has enough on his plate It's shaping up nicely. I got in 5k yesterday plus a clean up after researching (which I should have done before writing the chapter in the first place). I can be lazy, but it's a rough draft so editing and clean up aren't really my focus, but sometimes it won't flow in my head if it doesn't flow in print.

Misti sometimes we are just plain outright hungry. don't beat yourself up over it. there will be days (and I know this all too well) that we won't get all our calories in. focus on the new day at hand.

Arty like I said to Misti, don't beat yourself up over it. Look at the positive in this situation, you had one chicken finger and some fries. what would you have done before...me, I'd eat all the strips, fries and order ice cream afterward. Hey, sometimes eating a smaller portion of the things we call bad, is an NSV.

So DH has left the state again early this morning. He'll be gone all week. This is how wonderful he is, while I clicked away all day yesterday, he worked (here at home), he did laundry, he went grocery shopping, cooked dinner and prepared tonight's dinner. He brought in a chart of all my meals and explained what they were and how to prepare them. Is he not awesome? Last week was crazy as far as eating and then the whole thing at the restaurant on Saturday (I think that freaked him out a bit. It's not everyday your wife nearly faints while driving home ) even though that wasn't food related, it might have been less bothersome had I been eating better. He's so sweet, he reminded me that my salad was in the fridge and told me to eat it for lunch today. I said, "thanks daddy". He's so sweet.

Well I am off to wake my kittens. It's time to pull out the heaters, it's freezing up here. My DH designs climate control systems for these huge museum/big buildings yet we freeze. He has all the stuff, he just never gets to it. So funny every winter he's says "this spring" then when its not cold anymore he just shrugs it off. I've learned though, most men (plumbers, construction workers and the like) are like this. I think its very frustrating for us women. To be on the fair side, he designs, he doesn't install (although he can, I've seen him do it...oh and he has plumbing, construction and electrical down to a t too) He's amazing, but then yesterday proved that

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #17  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great week!

I went to bed too late last night! The Survivor Finale started late. I didn't get into bed until after midnight! I'm too old for that.

I'm hoping that yesterday was my last day of TTOM. We'll see.

Weigh In: 147.6
No Change
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #18  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mamakat... I'm trying to imagine my husband doing any of the stuff that your husband does, and I can't- none of it. For parties he will dust and run the vacuum, but do dishes? Laundry - ok he will wash it but he will not fold. Cook? Nope. And if I am gone for a week I do like your husband.... Make the food and leave instructions and I'll come home to a disaster. Now that we live with his mom I'm sure that she would do it.... Never when I'm home, but she feels that stuff is women's work and it drives me crazy!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #19  
Melissa

Dude!!! I've gained 7 pounds in three days! Can you say carbs make me hold water? Wow!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #20  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, all.

Well, I am up two this morning also, but when thinking about it more I realized I really did not eat all that many calories yesterday since dinner was the big veggie slaw. I think the problem was that I did not spread it out enough and ate more later at night.

Oh well... here we all go again today!!! Woot woot
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #21  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi All! Thank you for your kind welcome. Hope you had a great weekend.

194.6 - Yesterday
194.6 - Today - No change
189 - New Year's Goal
147 - Long Term Goal

Well, it's nice to start the week without a weekend gain! As a newbie, I've been scouring the boards to look to where I fit in. I like your daily accountability and I am going to do the Valentine Challenge. That's enough for me, otherwise I'll lose track. So once again, thank you for the warm welcome. Here's to a successful day ahead.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #22  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry...I did the folding My mother was "it's the woman's job" kind of woman, hence the reason I refuse My poor DH has to deal with a lot due my mother Of course, what am I teaching my children? make the man do everything, while you be queen. My poor son is confused, is he queen or man who does all the work, he doesn't know if he's coming or going. no wonder he sees a shrink. DD has the queen thing down to a t. Sometimes she out does me, which of course makes me rant and rave. I hate the dishes, so she's supposed to do half. If she doesn't do her half, I don't do mine which leaves DH to do it all while he's cooking. He's off to Casa Grand after Christmas for over a weeks time, I wonder how thin I'll be
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

mamakat Nah, I wasn't hard on myself for too long. Its definitely an NSV, as before I probably would've eaten 3x as much, then finished off what DH didn't finish, and snacked on the rest of it for the rest of the night.

I'm with berryblondeboys...I do the majority of the housework. Hubby actually surprised me today and did all of the dishes while I was asleep...it felt like Christmas morning!!!! I couldn't stop gushing about it the rest of the evening...I was just so happy that he'd done dishes. Without even being asked!!!

Major NSV, I finally got off my booty and exercised tonight. I did 10 minutes of step up workout, and did about 25 mins of strength training. Not a lot overall, but way more than I'm used to...which is 0 minutes.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #24  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat - I am glad you could relate to the photo and the reaction. Those kids are my world: what give me strength to go on with a smile each day, the patience to refrain from punching people in the face Great job on the loss!!!! Sounds like your DH has totally got you covered even when he isn't there to make sure you eat Good for him! Big kudo bonus points

Misti - My mom is the queen of great birthday ideas, Good job on all those NSVs.. they sure do give us the drive to keep moving forward!!!!

Diana - yes, DH is immediately looking for more work. We have no idea how to make ends meet any longer without him pulling in an income as we have gone through all our savings getting this far. It was nothing he could have avoided though, and I am of the opinion that this door closing is because he was meant to go through a different door Fingers crossed that door shows itself real soon though I do hope even though you lost some sleep that you enjoyed your program Sometimes worth the sacrifice for something that's special to us... and addicting, LOL

ArtyKay - Sounds like you are doing a great job to counter your outing. Extra water is always a great answer Great job on your NSV

Melissa - I am sure that water weight will dissipate soon I think that's funny your MIL thinks the house stuff is woman's work... my MIL was similar (rest her soul), but had to adjust a bit when DH became an at-home-parent... though she said "looks like you have been appointed the babysitter"... excuse me?!? Since when was a father being involved considered babysitting? If that's the case, I SOOOOO overpay!

AFM - I took the day off today so we can get some of my son's new "adult" stuff done, like signing papers at social security and such. I also plan on fitting in a cardio workout and determined that today WILL BE a good day... cause I said so!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

This seems like a great group.
I started gaining weight when I was in maaybe 5th or 6th grade. I've always felt insecure about it, and only started losing weight in 9th when I went vegetarian. Then, I began working out and got a little too obsessed with weight loss and lost 35 lbs too quickly. Because of it, Ive gained almost all of it back!
I'm struggling with binging, but I have been getting better these past few weeks. I have a food log and a journal to say how well I did, but I seemed to have only gained weight back (I managed to lose a couple pounds early autumn).

Anway, my stats: 5'8, 163 lbs, GW: 145 or 140.

Today for breakfast I had a banana sliced in a bowl with this soy yogurt-smoothie stuff, sort of a blend of soy yogurt, almond milk, peanut butter, spices, and maple syrup, with granola. For snack, I had an apple and a larabar, at home I had an apple with some tofu-ginger spread, and then had a bit of a binge on some of the yogurt stuff :S

Dinner will be soup and kale, maybe some mashed potatoes. I will be going to the gym tonight, probably weights and elitpical today...
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 130

Height: 5'9

Hi all!

Started diet on dec.1 and been great since..until tonight where I had a binge of sorts...i say 'of sorts' because its was on rice cakes and nuts (the only thing in my house i could 'cheat' with) but still...its was the behaviour of stuffing my face that made me feel guilty As well as the 1000extra calories...I felt so bad for having slipped that I actually tried to purge..but then stopped because i didn't want to make that a habit..I've never purged for weight reasons and didn't want to start today..but still having even considered that makes me feel bad
nat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I had a small amount of chicken breast with rice and cauliflower for lunch and a BLT for dinner totaling 702 calories today

I picked the tomato for the BLT fresh out of my garden today.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #28  
Melissa

Ok, that's it. no more cookies for me. Holidays are over for me... Wow! Today I had zits on my face! My body does not like either sugar or wheat or both, that is becoming clear. And my pants are tight... Wow! Very eye opening actually. Now to brave through the next few days of sugar cravings, but I will do it!!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #29  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone, and welcome to the newbies!! Please feel free to join right in; you are very welcome and it is a great group.

Wow, what a difficult day I had today but at least I did not eat my way through it. In fact I weighed the same tonight as I did this morning, which is unusual and means those two extra pounds I gained aren't sticking.

I'll tell you my funny story. Not long after I got to work... and I had not yet eaten my breakfast... someone offered me homemade apple walnut cake. I started telling myself I could just have that for breakfast, as apples and walnuts are good for me. Yah... right! But I remembered those two extra pounds and thought "I do not want them" so I went to my desk and had a tuna salad packet and four small crackers. Oh and coffee with cream.

Editing to add that for a morning snack I had a small Satsuma orange.
Lunch was a frozen turkey dinner.
Afternoon I was hungry so had some Greek vanilla yogurt.

Dinner was a big bowl of mega-coleslaw with lots of veggies, some nuts and dried fruit, and 2 steamed eggs.
A bit later I will have some yonanas -- perhaps peach or pineapple/coconut.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 12-19-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #30  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Mamakat I am all too familiar with the "cobblers children, not having shoes". My Dad used to do heat/ac/refrigeration repair. Growing up, our pump for our water went bad on Thanksgiving day. This happened a couple different times. I had to go bathe, get dressed, and eat Thanksgiving at a neighbors house. I have seen many times that DH was too busy working on customers vehicles to work on mine. It makes life interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Dude!!! I've gained 7 pounds in three days! Can you say carbs make me hold water? Wow!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
My body does not like either sugar or wheat or both, that is becoming clear. And my pants are tight... Wow! Very eye opening actually. Now to brave through the next few days of sugar cravings, but I will do it!!
Berry I love eating off plan, but I hate the after effects. Stay strong against the cravings for the next few days. You are aware of what's going on. Keep your focus to get through it. You will get it back off in no time. Hang in there!

Misti Sometimes, I end up doing the same thing. I eat too much, later in the day. It will probably take a day or two for your body to regulate itself. Great job staying strong against the apple/walnut cake.

Italiannie Great weigh in!

Artykay Great job on getting that workout in!

Itsmyturn I just said a prayer for you, your DH and your family. I totally agree about when a door closes another is opened. Sometime we don't understand. Especially when we are feeling stressed and don't understand, but there is a plan for us. Keep thinking positive. I think I have watched every season of Survivor but one. That was one of the years that I went back to school.

Megan Hi and Welcome to the check-in. Sorry to hear about you struggling with binging. There is another area here where you may get some extra support with the binging. It's called Chicks in Control. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/

Nat123 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. Again, I am sorry to hear that you are having these struggles with binging/purging. Here's a area that might be of help. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/

Larry Hi
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote