3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 12/18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/248820-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-12-18-a.html)

Diana3271 12-20-2011 07:06 AM

leaningonthelord Hi and Welcome to the check-in. :wave: There are some lower calorie options for hot chocolate available now. Take a look at your local grocery store to find something that will work with your plan (calories/points).

Misti in Seattle 12-20-2011 07:39 AM

Hi leaningonthelord. :welcome:

So glad you decided to join us

Hi to everyone else. Those two dreaded pounds I gained yesterday are gone but they didn't take any friends with them. Maybe tomorrow.....

Larry H 12-20-2011 07:52 AM

WOW!! I sure have days when my diet is just like this YouTube video. :D:D

This is just too funny to pass up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

Larry

berryblondeboys 12-20-2011 08:06 AM

Two pounds of the water weight are gone, getting a good night of sleep helps too. No goodies today. Just normal eating and I'm looking forward to it!

leaningonthelord 12-20-2011 08:47 AM

Thanks Misti and Diana! Diana, I'll definitely have to check out the lower calorie options. I drink a lot of my calories away, especially drinking soda. I'm thinking of switching to diet soda but I've heard it is bad for you...? Then again it seems like every food/drink in existence has been on the 'naughty' list at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if water turns up next! lol

Diana3271 12-20-2011 08:49 AM

Larry That video is so funny! I have had my share of Ormie the Pig days! :lol: :rofl: :lol3:

ArtyKay 12-20-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nat123 (Post 4142172)
Hi all!

Started diet on dec.1 and been great since..until tonight where I had a binge of sorts...i say 'of sorts' because its was on rice cakes and nuts (the only thing in my house i could 'cheat' with) but still...its was the behaviour of stuffing my face that made me feel guilty :( As well as the 1000extra calories...I felt so bad for having slipped that I actually tried to purge..but then stopped because i didn't want to make that a habit..I've never purged for weight reasons and didn't want to start today..but still having even considered that makes me feel bad :(

:hug:

I don't know if you've been by our Chicks in Control forum, but there is a LOT of great support there that's binge specific...the ladies there are all struggling with this and its helped me so much. Don't hold onto those bad feelings...you may have had a binge, but you didn't purge to deal with it and that's awesome.

berryblondeboys Oh man, I can totally relate. sugar/carbs...such a gateway food for me.

Finally got to weigh myself and....171 lbs!!! I'm down 3 lbs from last week! :yay: Its amazing what exercise does for my body...equally amazing that even though I know how well my body responds to exercise, I haven't regularly exercised in 3 or 4 years.

Dude, we got around 6-8 inches of snow since yesterday...which I love since I'm on my days off and don't have to drive anywhere. Its nuts though...I'm really used to snow since I grew up in Iowa, but it never ceases to make me giggle when we get more than a light dusting and people in Texas act like the apocalypse is upon us. :rolleyes:

berryblondeboys 12-20-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry H (Post 4142662)
WOW!! I sure have days when my diet is just like this YouTube video. :D:D

This is just too funny to pass up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

Larry

If only I was as unsuccessful as Ormie the Pig. The last two days was a gorge fest on chocolate chip cookies!!!

Italiannie 12-20-2011 10:27 AM

Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all having a great day. I'm enjoying reading all of the posts. Great encouragement.
This is one of the toughest weeks of the year for weight management. Let's do our best to be successful, and not beat ourselves up for setbacks. Life is good!

194.6 Start of week
194.6 - Yesterday
194.0 - Today -.6
189 - New Year's Goal
147 - Long Term Goal

Moondance 12-20-2011 01:10 PM

Happy Tuesday!

Totally missed Monday. My office was being moved from one side of the building to the renovated-other side. I was out of commission most of the day. Plus I went for my annual. Why is the dr.'s scale 4 pounds heavier???? How annoying to be back in the 190's on their scale! Good thing my scale is right!:D

Busy unpacking, going to lunch, then the dentist, so I don't have time for personals. But I do want to remind you all to stay vigilant and strong during these times of temptation! Don't eat your emotions! Remember there is always more if a taste or two won't completely satisfy. YOU CAN DO IT!

Happy 1st Day of Hanukkah to those who celebrate!:stardav:

berryblondeboys 12-20-2011 01:57 PM

I'm back from the doctor's office. They were just checking my thyroid this time. Was going to mention my blood pressure reeping back up a bit, but they took it two times on to different machines and two different people taking it and both times it came back perfect. Go figure... It might be a thyroid thing though that was raise it a bit ago.

What I did learn is that my thyroid is still a bit low 4.15. The best it has gotten is 3.15 and then within 6 months it down to 10.25 - which was 2 months ago. So it is getting better (went from 75 to 88 on dosage), but it is not there yet. Ugh. I have a thyroid check in 6 weeks again and then a physical in 4 months April. Now to decide if I should start seen an endocrinologist or not. My doct seems quite happy with the 4.15 and was completely happy with the 3.15, but I don't think an endocrinologist would be.

The doctor was going overt my chart and said, you are still taking 20 mg of lisinopril? And I said that I hadn't been taking it for months and months (which is when he double checked my bp to make sure it was ok). My chart hadn't been updated with that the last time I was in. It was then when he saw my chart and looked more carefully and then he was impressed - 80 pounds in one year. He said I was his poster child that losing weight and getting fit is the best prescription to better health. And, it is and it was the whole point of this last year.

After the appt I went to the store and now I'm just chilling. Signed up for BodyStep for tomorrow. It's been eons sinc I've gone and I'm actually missing it!

ItsMyTurn 12-20-2011 05:06 PM

leaning - Great job passing on the cocoa! Love hearing the will power and the drive kept you focused :)

Misti and Melissa - Congrats on the 2 lbs a piece loss :) Water or not, nice to see that stuff that doesn't belong to us go away :D Melissa - hope you have a blast at your bodystep class!!!

ArtyKay - Great job on the loss!!! :cheer: Amazing amount of snowfall for you to enjoy! :)

Moondance - My office building has been doing a musical chairs sort of thing, changing areas of the office while others are being rennovated also!!! We are hoping to have our whole building done by Feb. They had to raise the floor, so did 1/4 section at a time... I honestly didn't mind too much though, as I got placed in a real office :O It's short-lived, but still very nice to feel what it's like to be "housed" at work like a bigwig ;) :lol:

After work, I have the drive home to relax, then as I walk through the door I have a phone appointment with my nutritionist...then time to do my son's injections, then supper with the family... hoping to fit in a strength training workout tonight sometime too. It's been a good day at work, was even offered overtime for Monday and Jan 2nd - both are paid holidays... so will be time and a half plus holiday pay... was no way I could say no to it with DH being out of work right now. Thinking of applying to find a 2nd job as well... just not sure how to fit in 2 jobs, with full time school, still being a parent/wife/daughter, and fitting in workouts... so ... will have to see what I figure out :D Hope you all have an awesome rest of the day!!!!

mamakat 12-20-2011 05:56 PM

ItsMyTurn How is DD's knee. Did you ever find out what was causing the swelling? How is she doing with the treatments? You amaze me, all that to do and you do get it all in. Amazing!

SMess 12-20-2011 07:22 PM

Howdy all,

Made it successfully to PA, despite finding out when I checked in that the airline had added an additional transfer the hour before. Davis to Sacramento to Denver to Chicago to New York. My father wouldn't let me drive in NYC even though I know it MUCH better than he does AND he didn't have his glasses so he couldn't read any of the signs. What should have been a two hour drive home took 4. GOOD GRIEF.

I did really well in the airport food-wise (the airport in Sacramento was completely saturated with the smell of Cinnabon!). I had a multigrain bagel with lowfat cream cheese for breakfast, a smoked turkey and provolone wrap with lettuce and tomato for lunch, and a turkey/provolone panini for dinner. I even resisted the orange mango smoothie that I get from Jamba Juice sometimes... too many calories! I had some fried food for dinner tonight, but it was my first night back in PA and we went out to eat so I'm not worried about it. I went food shopping earlier today and bought a TON of fresh veggies. My dad is a really crappy cook (though, to be fair, my mom was worse!) so I'm showing him how to make some simple things that won't blast his cholesterol out of the park.

The scale in the house is ancient and wayy off (I stepped on just now, and it said I was 160. Ha!) so I'm not sure what I weigh. I know it's higher than last week b/c of TTOM, but overall I think I'm doing well so far.

Whew, I'm beat. I'm going to have an early night tonight to try and catch up on some of the sleep I lost out on yesterday. Hope everyone has had a great on-plan day!

berryblondeboys 12-20-2011 07:49 PM

Smess glad you made it to PA in one price even though it was a much longer journey than it needed to be and good job on the food choices!

Itsmyturn glad you arer happy about the overtime, but I'm stressed for you with you thinking about getting a second job!

Mamakat any writing today?

Diana TTOM finally decide to leave you alone?

mamakat 12-20-2011 08:27 PM

OK, I read the funniest story in our town's paper. Since July a black angus bull has been running lose/escaped from a farm. He has been hanging out with the neighborhood deer. Every time the animal control get near, the deer warn the bull (who, by the way, has a name...Waldo). Can you imagine, a gang of deer hiding a black angus bull since July...that cracks me up and of course, we're all wondering "where's waldo?" THIS IS A TRUE STORY...doesn't that crack you up?

Berry yes, I finished up the chapter I was working on...turning point to story is coming up for the climax. It'll take me a few days to figure out just what I want. In the mean time, I'll work on laundry.

SMess Glad you made it safely.

Have a good night everyone :)

Misti in Seattle 12-20-2011 08:29 PM

Hi everybody. Just reading all your posts!!

I just had a huge shock, as in YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I always weigh more at night than in the morning but decided to step on the scale (had my clothes on) and gasped... it was the same as this morning. So I hurriedly threw off my clothes and hopped back on and sure enough... DOWN a pound!!!

Then it occurred to me. For breakfast I had a tuna packet (100 calories) and 5 small crackers. And trying to remember what was for lunch it soaked in... I forgot to eat lunch! I consider that a huge NSV. Plus I was busy and didn't take time to snack at all so that was all I ate. I do try to eat often enough to keep my metabolism smoothed out but I totally forgot.

Dinner tonight is the last of my mega-slaw with a couple of steamed eggs, and later some Yonanas, so this is definitely going to be a low calorie day for me.

Mamakat, cute black angus story. When I started reading it I thought you were going to tell this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QTD7yF-L_E

Misti in Seattle 12-20-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaningonthelord (Post 4142717)
Thanks Misti and Diana! Diana, I'll definitely have to check out the lower calorie options. I drink a lot of my calories away, especially drinking soda. I'm thinking of switching to diet soda but I've heard it is bad for you...? Then again it seems like every food/drink in existence has been on the 'naughty' list at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if water turns up next! lol

Well, I am sure others will disagree, so of course you will have to make your own choice. :) But I would encourage you to do some googling on the effects of fake sugar before you switch to it. I did extensive research and I won't touch the stuff.

But again, I am sure others will say go for it. :) And that's great if you want to; just encouraging you to check it out first and make an informed decision.

Diana3271 12-20-2011 10:06 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave: I just got home! :yikes:

I was really busy today. I am trying to wrap everything up for the year. Today I did the necessary paperwork for mechanics liens to obtain titles for vehicles that have been abandoned. We are going out of town for the Christmas holiday. I am trying to tie up some loose ends with that. There's just so much to do when it's the end of a year, start of a new year, holidays, and going out of town. :dizzy:

Berry Yes! TTOM finally left! This one was a couple days longer than it has been the last few months. TMI alert: It's not as heavy as it used to be and I am grateful for that! That's great news about your blood pressure being normal. I love my Endo. She made a difference with my weight loss. If I was still going to my original GP, I would probably be back up to almost 400 pounds again. :o If you feel you are getting good treatment and you feel good, I would stick with the GP. If not, I would seek out an Endo.

mamakat I've never heard of anything like that (the bull/deer story). It's really amazing though.

Misti/Leaning I don't use much artificial sweetener, myself. I use 1 or 2 packets a week at Starbuck's on the weekend. I also try to avoid HFCS. I try to watch a lot of that stuff in general. I think Stevia is relatively safe, though. You can make your own hot chocolate with that. Some people use artificial sweeteners and are OK with it. If you don't drink diet sodas now, I probably wouldn't start. ;)

SMess I'm glad you arrived in PA safely. Enjoy your holidays.

Moondance Hi :wave:

Itsmyturn Glad you were able to get some extra overtime planned out and that you had a good day. Did you get the strength workout in? Are you doing DVD's for your strength workouts?

ArtyKay I hear you on the apocalypse when it snows. Same here! ;)

Italiannie I hope your day went well.

Diana3271 12-20-2011 10:15 PM

Total Approx 1390 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Mushroom and blue cheese sirloin 460 calories
Steamed Broccoli 140 calories
Grilled tomatoes 50 calories

Exercise:
Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

qtkitty 12-20-2011 11:35 PM

Diana~ Thank You good to be here

Morning Weigh in 396.4

Breakfast
Breakfast Sandwich
English Muffin 100
1/4 C egg beaters 30
1/4 C Veg 20
3 slice ham 30
1/2 slice prov 35
gum 4

Sub Total 229

Lunch( and there abouts )
Chocolate quaker Quakes 83
2 peices gum 5
Medium cafe mocha ( extra foamed milk .. less steamed milk) 300
2 cup Spinach 14
5 cherry tomatoes 20
1 short stem spear Broccili 5
1/2 cup cottage cheese 116

Sub total 543

Dinner
gum 3
Big Mac 540 ( Bad bad bad )
Apple Pie 250
few fries 50

Subtotal 843

Daily total 1615

Water Intake 96oz ( woohoo did good here today atleast )

I have had all of my shopping done ( except for a dvd player for daughter/ cause the combo dvd in her tv stopped working ). I have been putting off wrapping. I am dreading it. I wish they made prewrapped presents *LOL*

ItsMyTurn 12-21-2011 06:14 AM

Mamakat - DD's knee is still very inflamed; only now her wrist, elbow, hip, and ankle have decided to join along. She has been periodically using her walker the last few days due to pain being so bad. We are trying to hold off until her injections/fluid draining at the start of the year. I think the colder weather has her inflamed - plus we have had more moisture the past 2 weeks (I know, rain in the desert, weird but true). We have to keep her moving though, just not doing too much. Her PT therapist has even been taking it easy on her as she has so much fluid in the joints that we are all unsure what is safe to push

SMess - I am glad you made it ok... and even though it's a pain for the ride to take longer, he feels better having "daddy" take care of ya, :) Great job staying OP for food.

Melissa - Thank you so much for saying you worry for me, it's always so nice when you know someone is out there caring :) I may have no choice but to take on a 2nd job though. DH and I have to face that it may be easier for me to get hired then for him and we have to have more income coming in. He has made me agree to wait a couple weeks before I start looking though to allow him a chance to get a head start. If he lands something first, then I won't need to - and that is what he is hoping for

Diana - I didn't know titles could be appointed to an abandoned vehicle - I figured at that point they were good for scrap only DUE to no title? I have a "Total GYm" that I use for my strength training. It's super easy transitioning in between exercises, and when I throw in cardio in between, it becomes an outright circuit training cause the heart rate never has a chance to calm down :) I did get in a short workout last night - Not as long as I initially planned due to more work being tossed my way (couldn't have asked for better timing). I will be going in at 5:45-6am every morning now instead of 7am... and for today and tomorrow, staying til 5, not 5.... this will totally help a lil something-something for the paycheck in a couple weeks and help make up for the lack of another paycheck for bills :)

qtkitty - I am with you on dreading the wrapping. It does have to be done, but dang, that's a lot of presents. Any other kids besides the DD? I have 3 :)

As for me... I will be working 11 hrs today and tomorrow, and then hoping to get in workouts when I get home (pain hasn't been too bad, so been able to do them). The nutritionist appt went well last night and she will not be contacting me for another few months :) She was very pleased with the weight loss and with the proper way I am doing it and keeping my food end totally on target. I will also be working Saturday this week - got offered that at the end of shift yesterday. So Christmas Eve I will go in super early and get in my 8 hrs before noontime, so I can leave... I have an appt to do a lady's hair (color and cut) at my house at 1:30 that day, so didn't want to risk losing that extra money either - then DH and I have to finish shopping and wrapping. This OT won't last forever... just until my 2 coworkers in adjoining department are caught back up.. so want to suck up as much of it as I can. After that, just doing hair and cooking are my only "side income" ways to bring in money, so want to keep my hair clientele pleased :D
Time to go get ready and leave for work now though... have a super OP day all!!!! If I slack a bit on checking in, please know it's not due to lack of devotion to myself, falling off plan, or health... it's simply not getting time to hit computer - though I will try to make this my first stop after MFP logs :)

mamakat 12-21-2011 06:37 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Is it already Wednesday? Gosh, time really is flying these days. I'm not complaining though, the faster it flies, the sooner Spring will be here. It's so cold. Cold enough, to get into a big enough argument that bubbled over into therapy. I need a coat, I shrunk out of my old one (that's dressy b/c everything I purchased years ago had to fit my lifestye, which at the time was dressy). I saw a regular winter jacket w/hood at Job Lot for only 40 bucks, so I asked if I could get one. Yikes. I own one coat, DH own at least 6 and all of them are downstairs taking up room (who really needs that many anyway?) So the argument ensued. In the end, I believed I wasn't worth the stupid jacket. Therapist of course had a field day with that.

It's funny, I will dole out the 'you are worth it line' to anyone but me. Another bizarre thing, is I believe it for others, but I struggle with it for me. Now the fun part of my mixed up brain is I know, I'm worth it. I have two voices in my head fighting all the time, like those angel/devil voices on peoples' shoulders. One says, I'm worth it and the other says, I'm not. The logical one tries it's best to tell me it's logical not to believe the illogical. "Kat, you're smarter than this, you know you're worth it. Damn it, you need a coat, it's going to be snowing soon." And Kat knows this, I really really do, but illogical jerk always rears its head and will say something so minor. "Can't you just wait?" But waiting causes risks. One whenever I wait for anything, I tend to forget or say forget it. And two, seasonal stuff always gets pushed so I can't guarantee that dumb coats going to be there next month (or whenever).

The fun thing about these two voices, is they fight over everything, everything! It's very draining. Well therapist put a swing on it yesterday that I DID NOT LIKE, but made a big difference in how 'logical' will be dealing with 'illogical'. Illogical turns out to be 3 voices telling me, I'm not worth it. And every time illogical wins, they win. That blows, I do my best to make sure they don't win over me (weight loss has been one of my battles, that I won't allow for them to even be a part of anymore). SO now, after I drop off my kittens, this Kat is going to go buy a coat, whether we can afford it or not :D

I'll do personals later as I rambled on. :lol: Not sure how this post is weight related except that whenever times get a bit rough, we all have inner voices (some more annoying than others), but we've got to remember the third person (us) when they start fighting. Whether it be coats, or good health, we deserve it.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Italiannie 12-21-2011 07:17 AM

Hi Everyone!
I'm enjoying reading your posts. Fun to get to know everyone. What a great (and busy) group you are.

194.6 Start of week
194.0 - Yesterday
193.6 - Today -.4
189 - New Year's Goal
147 - Long Term Goal

Off to do some work and finish up my last minute Christmas shopping. My DH is in the middle of installing a new hardwood floor for in my kitchen, so Thurs and Fri will be spent pulling the house back together. Glad my business is a little slower this time of year!!!!!

Have a great day.

Diana - Thanks for doing this post. Soooo helpful.

Mamakat - Enjoy your new coat

Diana3271 12-21-2011 07:17 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh In: 146
Down: 1.2 pounds

qtkitty 12-21-2011 07:31 AM

Weigh in this morning 394.4 ( Blinks ... I am so keeping up with the water I think thats what did that although my ankles look no different )

ItsMyTurn~ Only one child and single. I always told myself I did not want my kid to be an only child like me, but I also said I would never have kids over 35 ( geeze that biological clock is TICKING hahaha ) Yet I am not willing to settle, so who knows. Sadly I have a tendancy to focus so much on work or my daughter I miss when guys are hitting on me ( until later then I kick myself).

Oh and I wanted to add to Yesterday at work they had a table ( right out side my office door Darn it !! ) that had peanut butter blossoms and Banana Bread. I did not even eat either one. YAY!! Todays our chistmas party, which people are bringing in snacks for all day long. ( This may be a tough one, but If there are veggies I will snag some. Sort of need to make amends for yesterdays dinner Opps

I Hope you all have wonderfull days!!

Misti in Seattle 12-21-2011 07:33 AM

Hello everyone

Thanks for the posts... I'm reading my way through them before I head off for another day.

berryblondeboys 12-21-2011 07:55 AM

Morning all! Down another 1.8 pounds today, that's 3 pounds in three days, but i went up 7 pounds in 3 days... So it will take time. Ugh!

Munchies were really bad yesterday as I wean myself from 3 days of sugar. I ate mor than usually (-bout 1800 calories), but I munched on nonsugary things. Hoping today will be easier and less munchy. So crazy!

And Mamakat yes, you deserve a coat. So get one! And it's not even about deserving a coat. You need one! (but I tend to have similar voices in my head, so I get it)

Diana3271 12-21-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4143569)
Hoping today will be easier and less munchy. So crazy!

Berry Sending you some :dust: for today.

Misti in Seattle 12-21-2011 08:38 AM

Wow, go for it, Berry!!!!

And yay... I am down another pound this morning. One more and I will get to make a new mini goal ticker.

ArtyKay 12-21-2011 09:14 AM

Happy Hanukkah!

I went a little bit over yesterday, but it was a scheduled high day so I didn't do too badly. It was mostly because I had a couple of DH's regular sodas...stupid snow storm. I'm out of diet and I needed my fix. :rolleyes:

I'm having a v8 this morning instead.

mamakat 12-21-2011 09:36 AM

Good Morning Everyone (again)

Dumb dumb dumb voice...I didn't get the coat, I'm still fighting with myself. So now I'm reasoning, I have a vintage late 50 early 60s coat that I love, not sure if it fits yet, I have to find it first. Now although I like it and it's super cool (it just screams me :)) it belonged to my grandmother...this woman hated me since conception. So if I wear this coat (which I like) it will remind me of her, which I hate :p Gosh, I hate the voices in my head!

Berry good job on the 3 pounds down. and munchies or not, you still didn't go overboard with calories...how many calories to you shoot for a day? My MFP says 1540 for me, but my scales says 1750 and I'm still struggling with getting to 1000 most days.

Arty Happy Hanukkah. I think I'd go insane if I was out of diet soda. I can't drink my sugar, it gives me a mental belly ache :p

Misti congrats on the pound down, you are doing great.

qtkitty :welcome: I must have missed when you came in :( It's nice to have you. :) Great job on the loss. Swelling is kind of funny. When I walk I get super swollen and then sort of depressed, like I haven't lost weight, although my scale says I have. Even now that I'm wearing smaller rings, I still get that way. So don't go by swelling, it's deceiving.

About sweetner/sugar I'm of several minds on it :p A lot of people are allergic to sweetner. It can cause headaches and other problems. But then a lot of people (me) don't do so well with sugar, you know? I like the new stuff that's come out: stevia and splenda since it's derived by sugar, but the soda industry hasn't really caught on. There are some sodas, sure, but I'm one of the few who actually like the taste of the generic soda over Coke and Pepsi, call me crazy :p But I fully agree with Misti and I believe this about everything, research, research, research. It never hurts to learn, right? I'm a sweetner addict and many people have "warned" me about the evils of it, but life is dangerous, you can't go a day without some kind of pollutant, so we need to pick our battles. I choose sweetner over sugar because I want to lose fat and if I had even just a little sugar, I'd want the whole bag :D Yep, I am a sugar fiend.

Hello to everyone! Have a great day....oh and I'm down 2lbs from yesterday, new low. :D

leaningonthelord 12-21-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle (Post 4143326)
Well, I am sure others will disagree, so of course you will have to make your own choice. :) But I would encourage you to do some googling on the effects of fake sugar before you switch to it. I did extensive research and I won't touch the stuff.

But again, I am sure others will say go for it. :) And that's great if you want to; just encouraging you to check it out first and make an informed decision.

I have checked into the effects of aspartame and such before. There are so many different opinions on the subject one doesn't know what to believe! I'll just have to decide for myself and find what works for me :)

In other news, I was certain I would be up a pound this morning because I had Chinese for supper last night, (granted I didn't eat all of it, a first for me lol) but when I got on the scale this morning, I hadn't gained, yay! I guess it just goes to show you CAN eat whatever you want, as long as it is in moderation. :)

berryblondeboys 12-21-2011 11:20 AM

Just quickly hopping on to say that I have no munchies today! Yay! makes the day so much easier!

Misti in Seattle 12-21-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaningonthelord (Post 4143660)
In other news, I was certain I would be up a pound this morning because I had Chinese for supper last night, (granted I didn't eat all of it, a first for me lol) but when I got on the scale this morning, I hadn't gained, yay! I guess it just goes to show you CAN eat whatever you want, as long as it is in moderation. :)

That is true if you only goal is to lose weight and, of course, it partly depends on what you want. :) But in relation to Chinese food, yes, I would agree... we are not talking "pure junk" here, ha.

But I have also learned you can eat a lot more if you eat stuff like veggies, etc. and I like to be able to eat larger portions. :) I did that tonight... wanted teriyaki chicken (which would have been okay if I did not eat a lot of it) but I decided to instead have a big green salad with grilled chicken breast. Sometimes it is worth it to eat less and have something we really want... sometimes not, at least for me. :) But I really like your thinking that we don't have to give up the things we like in order to lose weight.

Misti in Seattle 12-21-2011 08:18 PM

Today's food

Breakfast -
Tuna salad packet (100 calories) with 4 small crackers (about 120)
Coffee with cream

Lunch -
Frozen breakfast with turkey sausage, egg whites, potatoes, small amount of cheese (220)

No snacks all day

Dinner
Grilled chicken salad from Jack-in-the-Box.

Snack later - Yonanas, still have to decide what fun kind to make tonight. Last I mixed frozen bananas, raspberries, strawberries, lemon extract.. and put a few dark choc and butterscotch chips in it. Yum... my best one yet I think, although the peach coconut was right up there too.

berryblondeboys 12-21-2011 08:23 PM

Spoke way too soon. Made latkes for dinner as my little one begged. And then tons of Mandelbrot batter. Glad the baking is about over.

JanessaFaith 12-21-2011 10:03 PM

Hi! I guess I will jump right in! I have not being doing too well with food this week. With the holidays coming up and knowing that after the first I am gonna crack down on myself, I think I am giving myself more leeway. That being said, I'm still losing this week!

Anyway, today I had Nutella toast for breakfast, 2 slices, with hot green tea & honey. Lunch was a Healthy Choice meal. Snack was a Little Debbie (not normal, we ran out of 100 cal packs), and dinner was chicken enchilada. Also snacked on some chocolate chips. And Skittles. Terrible, I know! I will likely have another Little Debbie or Skinny Cow ice cream before bed.

I'll be better in January! :lol:

Diana3271 12-21-2011 10:49 PM

Hi Everyone! We got home late again!

I think I'm competing with Itsmyturn's work schedule. :dizzy:

Qtkitty You worked the Big Mac into your plan, so that's not bad. Your calories are still good.

Itsmyturn I have heard that there is a loop hole in the law here about titles. I don't want to risk having a problem so I go through the legal system to get a proper title. Some of the trucks have a good body, so they may be put back on the road one day. We will sell them to someone, they won't be crushed or anything like that. I've seen the Total Gym advertised on TV. It looks like a great workout. You've got to do those ladies hair! You can't allow them to go around with their grays-a-showing! ;) I hope you had a good day.

Mamakat I have those battles with the voices in my head, too, sometimes. It can be frustrating. I see you didn't get the coat. I think you should go get the coat tomorrow. You deserve the coat. You deserve to wear a coat that fits you and is warm. Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

Misti I bought some of the mint water to try.

Artykay Has the weather improved there?

Leaningontheloard I'm glad the Chinese food didn't cause a gain. I have issues with sodium, so most foods like that cause me to hold on to water weight for a few days.

Berry How did the rest of your day go with the munchies? I hope you didn't have them.

JanessaFaith Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Diana3271 12-21-2011 10:52 PM

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream