Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Default Question for the ladies ...??

I don't know if this is even where I should post but ... I am unbelievablely tired by about 2:00 p.m. to the point that I don't know if I can make it through work. I went to bed at 7:30!!! I feel absolutely exhausted and don't kbow why. My diet and exercise aren't to blame because I really haven't started exercise yet and I'm.eating close to 2000 calories. The changes in the past two weeks ... I went off birth control pills, started taking calcium, fish oil, and a prenatal (not pregnant, just want to be on in case it happens, but we arent trying yet..). Could any of those be the culprit?? I'm overweight obviously but have never been this tired or co mpletely exhausted, almost in a fog! It's terrible!! I'm 26 and in otherwise good health, aside from my weight. This has been going on for a week, and no changes in sleep. I'm almost embarrasses to.tell my hubby
FatToFitWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

It can be your body adjusting to the changes in hormone levels after going off the pill.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Hmm...prenatals, maybe? On top of getting off your birth control. Your body is going through hormonal changes, that could be whats making you so tired.

I know I've been feeling that way lately, and I think its because I haven't been taking my prenatals very regularly, and because my body is still going through a LOT of hormonal changes from miscarriage a month ago.

Its been a while since I was on birth control, but I think I remember it being pretty exhausting adjusting to the change. Then again, I am affected really strongly by any kind of hormone change. You may be different.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #4  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Just curious, have you had your thyroid checked?
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Sounds like the hormones to me, they can do all sorts of things. Don't be embarrassed to tell your husband that you're feeling ill at the moment! Fatigue is nothing to be ashamed of. If you're tempted to keep yourself awake with sugar or caffeine, I wouldn't, it tends to make the crash afterwards worse. Just hang in there, and it will hopefully lift soon. If you still feel exhausted in a few weeks, chat to your doctor.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

If you have cleaned up your diet, and have eliminated or greatly reduced sugar, fatigue is basically the number one symptoms of sugar withdrawal. I spent the first 2 or 3 weeks of my healthy lifestyle in kind of a brain-fog, ready for bed at 7pm. Now, I have more energy than I know what to do with...unless I OD on sugar, then I'm back to square one.

Do a search on sugar withdrawal, and read the symptoms...it's very interesting.

If it continues, you should see your doctor...and take a pregnancy test.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 12-14-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone
I think as most of you said, it must be the change in hormone levels. I really didn't think it would affect me that much, but I guess I've been used to a certain level for ten years. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks to start the prenatals and vitamins again? Let my body adjust to this new level of hormones.
Also, as suggested, I have been unintentionally lowering my sugar intake. I want to omit sugar d anyways, so I'll do a little research on that too. That might have something to do with the fatigue too! Thanks!
Arty, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine that pain Thinking about you! Yes, your body must be going through all sorts of changes.

I have had my thyroid checked about 9 months ago and all was well. Good thought though.

Thanks for the suggestions and support
Old 12-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #8  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

The only time I've ever felt that tired consistently was when I was pregnant. I went to bed at 8 almost every night...
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I'd stick with the supplements, they're unlikely to do any harm and may well help. Stay well hydrated as well. Lots of fresh fruit and veg can be good too.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #10  

Well, I don't think I'm pregnant as I just had my TOM not long ago ... But hopefully this next summer !
I did some research on the supplements & Esofia, you're right ... I think I'll continue as they don't list fatigue as a side effect :-)
Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Definitely continue the prenatals! Its so good that you're taking them before trying to get pregnant, and I've heard that it can reduce morning sickness once you are pregnant. Don't know why...but that's what I've heard.

I think I'm only experiencing prenatal related fatigue because I'm not taking them regularly like I should be.

and I've noticed in the past and currently that they make my hair look awesome. Thicker and shinier...just an observation though, not sure if the prenatals are responsible.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

Prenatal vitamins are just a regular multivitamin with extra folic acid, calcium and iron, usually. Nothing hormonal in them. But it definitely could be related to stopping the bcp.

Are you drinking enough water? Do you get enough sunlight during the day? Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is common during this time of year.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote