Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To try Again... #285

WELCOME !!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way To Go !!!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:58 AM   #2  
a work in progress...

Dance as though no one is watching you,
Sing as though no one can hear you,
Love as though you've never been hurt ,
and live as though heaven's on earth!

(In case you missed it on the last thread)...Gotta run, I'm having a massage @ 1! I'm so glad it hasn't started snowing here yet..I was worried the masseuse wouldn't make it in!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:04 PM   #3  

Angry

Wow... in the time it took me to write "stop don't post here" both Michelle and Kat posted in the last thread.
I am curious to see if they both start a new thread too. LOL

Susie... good to see you again. Wish you could come more often.

Michelle... the last time we got 28 inches of snow was in 1970.
It was beautiful . But then it all had to melt and that was a muddy mess !!!

Kat .... thank you for the quote. I knew I had heard it many times... but could not remember it all.

Okay... I got knocked off line since I started this post and Kat has reprinted her quote here. I think it is worth repeating.
Darling hubby just walked in the door and said he is hungry... so I must JUMP and cook him something to eat. MEN !!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:39 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Ok gals......you know where I will be at today!!

It's the Daytona 500 baby!!

Old 02-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #5  

Tina is in absentia until the race is over! Unfortunately, Tony is not in the lead at this time.

Kat: beautiful quote. If we could only live our lives like that and quit stressing about other people, success would be ours.

2cute: Somehow your "k" came up missing on cook and you are cooing your husband something to eat. Does it work better than food? Knowing my dh, probably.

There is an old wive's tale that says when you hear lots of birds in the trees it means rain. Well, there is a cacophony of them outside our window and we don't need more rain. We are so drenched. We went to the commissary yesterday and on the way crossed over the Wolf river which had flooded its banks and there was brown yuck everywhere.

Darn, I just had my nails done Thur and I just noticed I broke my ring finger nail. Now it looks stupid so it is either make a trip to the salon or file it down and repaint them all. Poop! How vain am I? At least they looked nice going to church.l

Well, gotta get the ole afternoon jaunt in. It is freezing out and I dread it, but gotta buck up and do it!

Donna
Old 02-16-2003, 04:39 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Wow...its sure is snowing up a storm here!! Kat did you get it yet???

I finished my paper...well I still have to type it up and revise it and all that stuff! But its pretty much written. I spread out on the bed while Andrew was napping and John was sleeping on the couch and I had the weather news on...thats all thats on here right now...and I writ away!! If thats a word!!

I'm hoping Pennsylvania declares a state of emergency so I don't have to go to work...New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland already did! Its only suppose to get heavier tonight...we may be snowed in so we can't open the doors by morning! More time for me to get the rest of these assignments done!! And then get a jump start on my next set of classes which begin March 1st....only 2 weeks away!!

Tina...I haven't been following the race...but I think the Lowe's car should win! And just FYI your boy is on the home page of my internet service provider today!!

Ok I better get typing that paper!

I'll be back!!
TTFN Michelle
Old 02-16-2003, 04:54 PM   #7  

Michelle: There is awful weather everywhere your way! Some places are getting at least 2 feet. We got slammed with rain (what Daytona is getting right now) and have flooded areas everywhere. It is just nasty no doubt about it and it was near 70 here yesterday and it is about 33 today and windy. I am bored stiff, but the dh is not taking the hint.

Looks like everyone must be glued to the tv as no one has posted much today.

Well, I better go and try and find something to do.

Donna
Old 02-16-2003, 05:07 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Michelle: A suggestion from the snowbelt. Start shoveling now. Once you get to 2 or more feet even snowblowers have a hard time. I try to go out every 2 or 3 hrs. during heavy snow. 1: It makes me feel like I'm doing something. 2: Once in a while you really can get ahead.
Then come in get a nice hot cup of tea and veg with the family. Now's a good time to drag out the card table and a jigsaw puzzle.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:32 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Howdy, all! No...I am definitely NOT in front of the TV...we just cam in from dinner at the Lone Star. It had just started snowing as we got there, everything ocmpletely covered by the time we left...I plan on shoveling in about an hour to burn off my dinner. Since I had only eaten an apple before dinner, I felt justified in my 14 oz steak, (I only ate half) 1/2 baked sweet potato, (w/butter) salad, and key lime pie! I plan on burning off lots of cals shoveling, so I'm not worried, It was delicious...and good to be all together. My boys survived the camping trip, they're now at the movies, seeing "Daredevil."

My massage was heavenly...I am making an appointment for next month...what a pleasant way to pass an hour! I can still smell the chocolate raspberry lotion she used!....mmm...I smell good enough to eat...get your mind out of the gutter, girls

Chat was fun, as usual. Lots of laughs...I highly recommend it!

Gotta get my shovelin' duds on, see you all later!
Old 02-16-2003, 07:31 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Donna...just go plop yourself down next to hubby stark naked..I bet you won't be bored anymore!!

J-Ann....thats what I have John for! LOL He is out there right now for the 3rd time since 10 am this morning! I shovel when he is not here....but he needed something to do today...I did the dishes and cooked dinner and wrote my term paper and changed the boy and did grocery shopping this morning...And I threw a load of clothes in the wash....

Kat...yummmm....sweet potato with butter...I like them with a little bit of brown sugar mixed in with that melted butter....so...its YOUR hubby who shares a birthday with John...do you have any plans to help him celebrate???

2Cute...1970 huh? I was ummm...lets see...10 back then!! when this snow finally melts..my backyard is going to be a lake!! We had 6 inches of snow on the ground before this one started falling this morning...Andrew's little snow shovel was buried out there somewhere...it will be months before we find it now!

Tina...did your boy win today? How about the Lowe's car...did they even come close??

Where's Lucky today? Do tell us if we missed anything good at chat...I climbed into bed last night about 7:30...I was exhausted!

Well I just need to add a couple of paragraphs to my paper to make it drag out to 5 pages in length...its suppose to be 5-10 pages but I am going to settle with 5 and be done! I think I did well enough on the final and I got a B on the midterm and my assignments have all been A's, B's and a C.

I'll catch up to you all again later! TTFN Michelle
Old 02-16-2003, 08:20 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Sorry I just have to say this to my dear dear friend TINA....

Sorry girlfriend...I think Jimmie Johnson is just a tad bit better a driver than your boy Tony!! And don't say its cause they called the race 'cause of the rain!!!

I love you girlfriend..you know I'm just bustin' your chops!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 03:08 AM   #12  

Rise and shine !!!!!!
Good morning all you lovely ladies.
I did not want anyone waking up and not find a single new post.
Especially Michelle since she was the last one to post anything.
It is Monday morning and time to start our new day, our new week, our new way of life, off to a great start.
Okay... so let's all take in a few DEEP BREATHS.... HOLD in your tummies..... now blow it out. INnnnnn..... OUTttttttt. Do it a couple more times and you can say you exercised your stomach muscles already this morning. Way to go !!!

Okay... that took care of the physical... now for the emotional.
POSTIVE AFFIRMATIONS !!!!
Repeat after me.....
"I am a beautiful person and I will act accordingly."
"I am a powerful person and I will act accordingly"
"I am a thinner person and I will eat accordingly"
"I am a happier person and I will smile accordingly"
You guys are doing AWESOME !!!!

Now for the spiritual solution.
Repeat after me....
"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the WISDOM to know the difference."

SERENITY... if you cannot change your weight overnight... then ACCEPT IT. You weigh what you weigh... for today. That does not mean you will always weigh this. Just for today love yourself as you ARE.

COURAGE... it takes courage to make changes. To give up old favorites. To exercise when you want to vegetate. Courage to hold your tongue when you want to gripe. Courage to be grateful for a half a pound when you wanted 3.
The way we were didn't work.
Be courageous and change yourself for the better.

WISDOM.... ah... the HARDEST one. Knowing what needs to change and what needs to be accepted as is. I bet if you stop long enough to be still and listen to your inner "good self" you will find that wisdom...within you.

Okay ladies.... Your day has started off on the right foot.
Now take it ONE STEP AT A TIME.... one pound at a time.
Do what needs to be done today for your success. !!!!
(How'a that for Monday Motivation? LOL )

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-17-2003 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:24 AM   #13  

Hello hello!

2cute: thanks for all the inspirational stuff. I could use it this morning.

For all you ladies buried in whatever feet of snow, I apologize for the whining, but here goes. It is COLD here and I am tired of walking in the cold and wet weather so I am a grump about going out this morning! Ok, I think I can get over it now, maybe, sort of, kind of.....

Michelle: Tx for the naked suggestion. If you knew the kind of stuff he and I do all the time to each other, you would understand there is enough of that in this house anyway. He did keep asking me if I wanted him to turn off the race and finally they called it a second time for rain delay so he turned it off and came upstairs and played RISK, which you can't stop in the middle of so I left him alone. My favorite BBC program had several back to back episodes so I watched it (Keeping Up Appearances). That woman is so intolerable, pushy etc, but it is a hilarious show I think.

Thin: Tried the apple salad and it is very good.

Kat: I admire a woman that can have a massage. I could never put my fat bod on a table and let them work on it! Choc/Rasp, huh? Gosh, I think that would make me hungry smelling myself all the time!

J-Ann: Boy there is nothing that will take the lbs off like shoveling snow. I remember those days! We had an incredibly long driveway when I was a kid and it took hours to do. No snowblowers for us, not even snow shovels. We had those huge metal ones that weighed a ton themselves.

Tina: Boy that was some race what there was of it! That crash of the kid from my hometown (something Ryan or Ryan something) was something else. Can't believe he just walked away from it. I told dh isn't it amazing that Earnhart Sr died in a crash that didn't look as serious and you would have sworn it would have killed that kid the way it tore up and tumbled.

Well, this is NOT getting out in the cold and getting in the walk so I better get the posting finished and hit the bricks!

Later, girlies, Donna
Old 02-17-2003, 08:43 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Default Thanks, 2cute...

...for that early dose of Monday Motivation! I very often say the Serenity Prayer...it keeps me focused.

Oh my, all my snow shovelling efforts have been completely obliterated! It's so windy, everything has drifted, but it's so pretty! And still snowing! Supposed to snow all day long. It is very light though, not that heavy, break your back shoveling kind of snow....but also not good for snowmen...on the other hand, GREAT for sleigh riding! Tonight would be the night I have to go back to work...thank God for 4WD.

I'm going to make some coffee...I'll be back...
Old 02-17-2003, 09:42 AM   #15  

Yahoo even with aches and pains this am did my best time ever on my walk. Love that Neil Diamond. He has a song, "Shiloh" and it comes 3rd on my tape and it just the right speed to up the tempo of walking. I use the same songs over and over because I can judge from previous walks whether I am doing better or not and was a good 20 feet or so ahead this time.

Kat: Ain't it the truth about being snowed in? When you want to stay in there are tons of errands to run, but leave it to a snowstorm to suddenly get cabin fever! You be careful when you have to go out.

I came upstairs to light my candles and put a couple things away so I peeked in. I need to get back downstairs and have breakfast. One thing on this program is I NEVER miss one of my 3 main meals.

TTFN Donna
Closed Thread