Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/-/136

Height: 5'4"

Question my big fat -bloated looking- belly?

For ages (since I can remember) I've had a bloated/pregnant looking stomach and it really annoys me. From the front I can look realitivly in proportion but from the side I look huge- exactly like when you're pregnant.
I'm not pregnant though as, aside from me using the pill, I've have this way before I became active.
It doesn't really feel uncomfortable like it does when you bloat either, so I have no idea what it is/ how to stop it. I guess it could be an allergy to something but I don't know what. Plus it diesn't feel soft like fat does.
Now I've been putting on weight it sticks out more and more, I'm suprised no ones asked me "when I'm due" yet.
I always drink plenty of water (although less in winter for somereason) but I do drink fizzy stuff every few days.

I would just like a bit of advice, anyone who has the same problem? a food that might agrivate it?
Bigkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #2  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I don't want to scare you, but I really think you should go get that checked out. My sister has a friend with ovarian cancer, and apparently that can be one of the (very few and vague) symptoms. Now the chances that you have cancer are VERY SMALL!!!! ... but because it's on the list of symptoms that could lead to something serious, I'd say you should at least go in and request an ultrasound of your abdomen.

Then at least you'll know once and for all why your tummy sticks out a bit!

GL!

Last edited by kirsteng; 12-13-2011 at 07:48 PM.
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #3  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I've heard about people with gluten intolerance having various stomach and/or skin problems. Maybe that's something to look into a bit to see if it could be your situation.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahokkuri View Post
I've heard about people with gluten intolerance having various stomach and/or skin problems. Maybe that's something to look into a bit to see if it could be your situation.
Really? I have a lot of skin allergies... and I have the constant big belly look, hmm...
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #5  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsteng View Post
I don't want to scare you, but I really think you should go get that checked out. My sister has a friend with ovarian cancer, and apparently that can be one of the (very few and vague) symptoms. Now the chances that you have cancer are VERY SMALL!!!! ... but because it's on the list of symptoms that could lead to something serious, I'd say you should at least go in and request an ultrasound of your abdomen.

Then at least you'll know once and for all why your tummy sticks out a bit!

GL!
I hate to say it but that was my first thought as well: better see a GYN just to be sure.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote