Having a weak moment! HELP!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I started MF last week on Saturday. I've been cranking along on the detox. 4 days in I was 11 lbs down. I AM SO SICK OF VEGGIES AND FRUIT! I think I can get to 15+ down this week but I am tempted to go buy a pizza or something else! I NEED CHEESE AND MEAT! HELP!!!
  • What is mf ?
  • Sorry - Medifast.
  • I drank a shake and the urge is SLOWLY subsiding. Seriously, losing weight is the hardest thing I have ever done.
  • Oh! Sorry, I didn't know..

Starting a brand new and more restrictive diet is tough. Try to think about something else, this will pass. Maybe drink some water and take a walk
  • Thank you - I have my gallon of distilled water sitting on my desk and sipping it. I almost hopped in my car and ran down the street to grab a slice of pizza!!!!
  • Wow. I have no where near that amount of willpower...I HATTTEE elimating anything from my diet, especially pizza...Congrats to you..

Umm maybe just think about how amazing you'll look after you finish And find something else to distract you. TV or looking at my fat pics usually helps me...and lots of water xD Good luck and 11 pounds down already is amazing
  • I have no idea what that plan entails - is it that restrictive for a long period of time? Maybe you could give yourself one 'cheat meal' once a week so that you can deal with cravings, if you feel like you might not be able to comply with a plan this restrictive long term.

But the thing with cheat meals is that you have to make sure you're not blowing your whole week's effort on a binge - you have to just have a reasonable amount of the things you've been craving.. then get back on plan in the morning.

Just a thought...

Good luck!
  • I don't know how you can give up pizza dude! I still eat it because I love it! I commend you!

Can you find a way to make a pizza that fits in with your plan? Or something that's like it? I don't know where you live, but around here in New York we have something called Grandma's Pizza which is smaller and about half the calories of a regular slice of pizza. It has very little cheese and tomato sauce with chunks of tomato still in it (Yum...now I want some). So you know, if you can't have that much cheese it's still a viable option.

Perhaps instead though you may need a less restrictive plan that allows you to indulge every now and then. You don't want to restrict yourself so much that you crave your favorite food and go on a binge that undoes your hard work!
  • sontaikle has a pretty good idea- create your own healthy version that fits into your diet.

I'd try a cauliflower pizza crust (surprisingly good, but does call for one egg to hold the cauliflower together!) with tomato sauce, mushrooms, and peppers. If it were me, I'd probably go off the diet slightly by adding a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and a tad bit of olive oil.
  • Quote: Oh! Sorry, I didn't know..

Starting a brand new and more restrictive diet is tough. Try to think about something else, this will pass. Maybe drink some water and take a walk
    I agree. Try and get your mind off things especially food. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Quote: sontaikle has a pretty good idea- create your own healthy version that fits into your diet.

I'd try a cauliflower pizza crust (surprisingly good, but does call for one egg to hold the cauliflower together!) with tomato sauce, mushrooms, and peppers. If it were me, I'd probably go off the diet slightly by adding a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and a tad bit of olive oil.
    Okay. I'm going to have to try that now! That sounds really yummy!
  • Thank you for all the support everyone! I pushed through last night and made it without cheating. This morning I was rewarded with another number in the negative column! Down to 267.4 as of this AM!!! Woohoo!!!
  • MF is pretty awesome - IF you can handle it.

I lost 20 lb (in two months) on MF 3 years ago. Had to get off MF when my husband lost his job, because MF is pretty dadgum expensive!! -so I went back to eating "real food" & I only gained 10 pounds back in 6 months, and that was a miracle in & of itself! - then I read The Beck Diet Solution, and then I started using my body as an experimentation device. Now I count calories and have cut way back on sugar and sodium and I'm losing fairly steadily, but slowly, & that's OK w/me.

Do you plan to use MF to lose all your desired weight? Or will you parlay it into another plan somewhere along the road? At any rate - good luck! - Saying no to pizza when you really want it deserves big time
  • Quote: Do you plan to use MF to lose all your desired weight? Or will you parlay it into another plan somewhere along the road? At any rate - good luck! - Saying no to pizza when you really want it deserves big time
    Yep, MF for the entire duration. They have my goals set as this:

22 Weeks to lose 65.4 Lbs. (I think I can beat this by A LOT)
    12 Weeks of Stabilization
    52 Weeks of Maintenance

I am in this for the haul, I stroked a big check for accountability. My counselor calls me daily and I have to check in once a week. Tomorrow is my week 1 weigh in. Im hoping to be down about 15 lbs when I weigh in! Wish me luck!