Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I do not keep fat clothes around. If I kept those larger sizes it would be saying "I will need you again someday". Mine are g-o-n-e gone !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #17  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I have one skirt I wore at biggest and 1 shirt at biggest, 1 pair of pants from a size drop... and that's it. Everything else I have been giving away to those who also work corporate world so they are put to use and someone is getting my money's worth out of them. I will say that when/if you lose any motivation... hold a pair of pants you wear now up to the ones you used to wear, and even though that scale seems to be being stubborn, you will have proof in front of you of how far you have come! It keeps me on track
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #18  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I have been slowing getting rid of all my "fat" clothes and giving them to good will. I have pictures to remind me of how big I was, I think keeping the clothes might lead to another slow and steady weight gain.
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I am going to keep one pair of my size 22 jeans and i want to take them out of my closet once a month or so and put them on to see how big i was. I have lost weight and gained it back before, and i AM NOT going to go through this again. I think that will be a constant reminder of what happens when you dont be responsible with my food choices!!
Actually thanks for this thread, as i never thought about it before!
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #20  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I don't really need any visual reminders other than photographs. They show the progress just fine!! Plus, I've yo-yo'd so much in my lifetime, it's unwise to get rid of ALL my "fat" clothes. (Even tho I swear THIS TIME will be the LAST TIME that I have to lose weight...I swore the other times, too. )

Thing is, I just simply don't have room for my fat clothes, the clothes that fit me now, and the clothes I hope will soon fit again. Plus, styles are so in & out, I completely do not have the storage space! So I've gotten rid of nearly everything that was "fat clothes".

HOWEVER, I do have some totally rock'n clothes that are "too big" and yet I wear them anyway. I belt them, have them altered, do whatever, because they're THAT COOL and I just can't give them up, LOL!!!

But nothing feels as good as taking my big-*** jeans to the Goodwill, and then buying a much smaller size! - that is the bomb diggity!

Guess I'm not much with the all or nothing attitudes.

WOW I JUST HAD THE COOLEST THOUGHT. 3 Fat Chicks should have a "Clothes Swap" section. Hmmmm....
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Only my wedding dress, and a back-up deep-green dress I love. Ironically, I reached my highest weight while trying to lose weight for my wedding (I wish I had kept my Weight Watcher's weigh-in card with the 394.something weight listed on it).

Two reasons:

- it's my wedding dress (I'm not all that sentimental about it, as I won't have a daughter to pass it to - and even if I did, I would hope that she wouldn't ever need a size 34 wedding dress).

- and I want to use it (or the green dress) to participate in a TOPS awards ceremony (everyone goes on stage holding a piece of clothing in their old size (pants or dress, usuall) and then all at once, everyone drops them to reveal their slimmer bodies).

Virtually everything else has gone to a consignment shop (so that I can use the money to buy new clothes that fit) or to Goodwill.

I also have a few pieces that either have sentimental value (and I haven't decided whether to sell them or spend the money to try to have them altered) or they're so comfortable that I'm still wearing them around the house or as jammies. The comfy ones I wear until they wear out, or fall off me.

Mostly though I get rid of clothing as soon as it's too big, because I have to. There isn't much room in our budget for clothing, so I have to sell the "fat clothes" to buy clothing that fits.

I try to sell high and buy low, by taking my clothes to the highest priced consignment shop in the area, and by buying clothes in the lowest-priced shops (usually charity shops, garage sales, and church rummage sales and such).

If I didn't get rid of my fat clothes (since I'm still really fat, I guess it would be more apt to say my fatter clothers), I couldn't afford to buy anything in the right size.

Last edited by kaplods; 12-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #22  

Height: 5'3"

I will keep 3 or 4 articles of clothing and then trash or donate the rest depending on whatever condition it is in.

One thing I will never give up is my mother's red coat. She wore it at her heaviest just before she passed away and when she died I took it and wore it as my own coat. It was large on me at the time in December 2002 (now I am too big for it) but it smelled like her perfume and comforted me after she died. I don't care how small I get, it will *always* be my winter coat.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 12-07-2011 at 04:54 PM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #23  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

I've always given away my "fat" clothes, then end up buying a whole new wardrobe of "fat" clothes when I re-gain. This time I've kept all of them, so hopefully I'll reverse the trend! Note - I've never given away my "skinny" clothes!!! Have 2 closets full of those that I hope to fit into again.
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #24  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I don't want to keep my fat clothes but I currently have to because otherwise I'm going to go naked. I can't buy clothes in Japan, I won't buy clothes without trying them on and I won't be in a country with clothes that fit me for another two weeks.

I don't intend on keeping any fat clothes along my journey. I've gotten rid of my skinny clothes (grudgingly in some cases, wished I hadn't in others) and I personally don't have any emotional need to keep the fat clothes.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 204.8/197/150

Height: 5'7

I think that throwing away fat clothes is the best idea, because it is a reminder and a confirmation that you will NEVER go back to how you were. I would however keep a pair of jeans or shorts that I wore the most at my heaviest, and a before pic in one of my shirts. But throwing away the fat clothes is throwing away all the weight issues, so don't keep fat clothes!
Sophieeex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

I'm pretty much keeping all my clothes (within reason) because I can't afford new clothes every time I change size.

Once a piece of clothing becomes too loose I bundle it up and put it into storage. I don't have the space to keep everything out at once.

At the same time, the thinner clothes come out of storage from my "wish" pile and I try them on to decide if they should go into regular rotation.

I'm taking regular photos of myself in these 'thin' outfits as a visual reminder of my achievements and motivation. Now that I'm down to my (probably) last 5 pounds it's difficult to be objective about the smaller (and slower) changes I'm going thru.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #27  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Heck no. I am not keeping anything that's too big for me to wear. I don't need the clothing reminders, I can see it just fine in the pictures I have. As soon as it's too big and I have to buy something new as to not look silly, it gets donated.

Last edited by 4star; 12-09-2011 at 09:03 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #28  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

I'm a poor student (but I always found more than enough money to eat) so I keep making my clothes smaller. I'm still wearing my size 16 pants, but they've been altered to a ~size 8 LOL. Sweaters and that sort of thing don't alter well so I wear some of them still, but with wide belts to cinch them in or I wear them with leggings. I pretty much look like a bag lady, but there is no way I'm buying anymore clothes at this size (I bought a pair of pants, a skirt, and a few tops).

The more clothing options I have the more comfortable I get at a size, the more likely I am to stay at that size, I was at my highest weight for 5 years and I had a fabulous wardrobe. I don't want to stay here so my sad wardrobe motivates me to lose more. I'm not buying anymore clothes until I reach 129lbs.

I do wish I had one pair of pants from my high weight that I didn't rip apart so that I could see how far I've come because some days I can't see it.
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #29  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

No. I have 20 years of memories at my former size, no clothing reminders needed.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/192/130

I think I will keep at least one pair of pants when I finally start to lose some weight as a reminder of where I was and where I never want to hopefully end up again. I also think it will be great to show others all of my hard work, when it finally pays off.
Chubby Momma is offline   Reply With Quote