Looking at the big picture instead of just the scale.

• I started my weight loss efforts at the end of January 2011 tipping the scales at about 230. I was never diagnosed with pre diabetes but I think I was based on how my body refused to let go of any weight. After four months of literally not losing any weight and killing it in the gym I started taking cinnamon and chromium supplements to help with the pre diabetes. The weight finally started coming off. Slowly. But after eight months of effort the weight suddenly started coming off at a faster rate!

I had a physical the other week and after about ten months of effort I am down to 205, my resting heart rate is down TEN beats per minute and my blood pressure went from 130/90 to 120/80.

So. It's December 1st and I'm 6 pounds away from 199. My body seems to be responding to my efforts MUCH better than ten months ago. I have stopped taking the supplements and am still losing. I'd love to be 199 by the New Year...but if I'm not at least I know I am more healthy than I was just one year ago and I'll be under 200 eventually.

Thanks for letting me get this out there...I needed to write down my progress so I don't get so caught up in the numbers on the scale.
  • Congratulations!! I really believe that consistency is so important. If we keep up with healthy behaviors (e.g., eating right, getting more activity), the weight will eventually come off (barring some medical condition).

Keep up the good work!!
  • Your doing awesome! So proud of you! You have had great NSV's besides the scale, but watching the scale do down is also awesome Keep it up ONEDERLAND is just around the corner!
  • Good job! You didn't let a slow start discourage you!
    You are an inspiration! and don't worry about the scale too much. You'll be under 200 lbs. soon enough!
    Keep up the good work!
    I believe in you!
    Tessa
  • Woo hoo, good work, keep it up!