Save yur drama for yur mama ?

• I have been stuck on the verge of onederland for about a month now.(This is where I usually get stuck) however, here are some issues that are crowding my life:
    My furnace broke and needs to be replaced.
    I found out the chimney is crumbling and should be re-lined.
    My boyfriend dumped me (and went to indiana for thanksgiving).
    My boss forgot to pay me.

So,this is like a Woody Allen movie. Oh, wise chickies, what can I do to re-gain my focus ?
  • You have control over your weight you don't have control over the other things that have happened.
  • What do any of those things have to do with what you put in your mouth or how you move your body?
  • Among all those things you can't control, there is that one thing you CAN control, and that is what you eat. Keep on plan and you will feel good about that while you work away at dealing with the other situations.

Remember, what you eat has nothing to do with anything else. Period.

All the best as you deal with those other issues.
  • I think those things can have a lot to do with what you eat and how you move your body.

One of the main reasons we yo-yo back to the weight we start at is because we normally, somewhere along the way, lose our focus. Often times life takes all of our energy and we literally have nothing left to put into our diet and exercise. Particular examples of this include breakups, the death of a loved one, loss of a job, etc. In addition, positive experience can also take all of our attention.

That is why habit is so important, because we may not always have the attention/energy to devote specifically to our meal and exercise plan. I've found the people on 3FC come and go, then come back when they remembered they liked losing weight and doing healthy things, then they leave again..... its definitely a cycle. Well, we aren't static creatures.

Anyway, I think it is super commendable that, through all of the stress, you maintained your weight!

Maybe now you are ready/have the energy to re-focus your efforts and get to onederland! We will be rooting for you!
  • OK, this must be tough love....
    I am still trying to get to the gym, and shop for and plan meals. Certainly time is a consideration here. but I am just maintaining for now, and would like to start feeling my power again.
  • Thanks, Unna, that feels good .
  • Aww I'm so sorry you're going through such a terrible time Try keeping your attention to planning meals and maybe try a new exercise program to keep your mind on other things? The change may also jump start your loss again. Don't worry, maintaining is not a bad thing at all! I'm sure you'll be in onederland very soon!!!
  • your boss needs a post-it note on his/her forehead! very shushly behavior. it's good to see the humor in these things. hey, you've lost 35lbs, nothing to sneeze at. make a list to keep at hand of the plus side of your life (like the lbs lost). sometimes what we focus on can make a significant difference (not to downplay what you're experiencing)
  • Life really knows how to pile it on doesn't it? At least you didn't add the problem of weight gain to your issues.

Everyone is right, you can't control the other stuff that you mentioned, but you can control your weight loss and continue to make that a positive aspect in your life.

And, this is just the b**ch in me, but I would be even more determined to lose the weight so your ex can see what he's missing out on!!
  • Thank you !!!
  • Gee marigrace, you sure had a lot of bad experiences happen in such a short time.

It is so difficult to handle all those problems plus try and stay on track with your dieting.
    Best of luck getting everything sorted out.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
    The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
    ~ Thomas Alva Edison ~
  • Life is always going to punch you in the face. How you take that punch is up to you. Sometimes, we just need a reason to treat ourselves badly--hopefully, we recover from that feeling quickly. I hope you recover.
  • Thank you Chicks !