Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #1  
MariaGrazia

S/C/G: 163/149/125

Height: 5.4

Default forever unsatisfied

Six weeks.
Six weeks have gone by since I started my journey: I never cheated, I never binged (I still can’t believe it!) .
I was really pleased with myself… to the point that this morning I found the courage to weigh myself.
I shouldn’t have done it.
14 lbs.
I lost 14 lbs in six weeks.
It’s not that great, but it’s not that bad either.
I have to admit that in the bottom of my heart I hoped I had lost more: it is always easier to lose weight the first weeks. And I am on low carb, so I really expected to have lost more.
I am a bit down in the dumps, and keep asking myself why, instead of being happy and proud for the not-so-bad result I feel sad and disappointed for the not-so-good.
I can never see the glass half full. It is really annoying sometimes and I am struggling not to go and open the fridge. I can’t identify this feeling anyway, I don’t know if food would be a gratification or a punishment.
Guess I’ll go for a shower, maybe hot water will give a good wash to my stupid brain as well.
magraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #2  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

dont beat yourself up!!! i envy you! just over two lbs a week?!? thats AMAZING!! it takes me about a month just to lose between 2-5 lbs =/
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/110

Think of it as 14lbs that will never come back! Your getting so close to your gw now!
goodbyefatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/132/120

Height: 5'2

AtYAy your weight 14lbs is a lot! You must have gone down at least one size -that's great for a relatively short period of time. Well done and keep it up!
Michelle2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

14lbs is amazing! In Britain, we weigh in stones and pounds, and 14lbs is one stone. Losing a whole stone is a dream for many people!
Particularly because - I mean no offence - when you don't have a whole lot to lose. Don't shout at me! I know if you are almost 40lbs over what you want to be, then it's a lot to lose. When I get down to your startweight is when I start feeling good about myself!
I'm not saying this to diminish your plans At All but just that the heavier we are the quicker we lose. At your startweight you have done Very Well indeed to lose a stone in 6 weeks!! Congratulations!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle2008 View Post
AtYAy your weight 14lbs is a lot! You must have gone down at least one size -that's great for a relatively short period of time. Well done and keep it up!
I agree! I would love to lose even half that in 6 weeks! Two pounds a week is realistic AND it is healthy. In fact, I'd be concerned at your current height and weight if you lost more than that. When I first started I lost too much weight too quickly by making really bad decisions. Once I resigned myself to the fact that slow and steady was the best way to go I was content and never disappointed as long as I kept losing.

You should be extremely pround of yourself!! I know I am!

ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4''

I definitely agree the higher you start the quicker you lose - it is just harder to lose weight off when you weigh 100 pounds less than someone else. On the upside, it takes less weight loss to be noticeable if you are starting at what you did. I think we get into trouble when we compare people with ourselves, but especially when those people have different bodies than us.
popspry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #8  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

14 pounds in six weeks is amazing; considering you did not have that much weight to shed.... if you were 263 pounds, perhaps then you could have pulled higher number.

You had 9% loss! If you had weighted 263...that would have meant 24 pound loss...

Congrats!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

I agree with the rest of the posters. Cherish this moment, magraba, because it will probably not last very long. I'm lucky to lose even 1 pound per week. And, when your body's weight loss begins to slow, you will be wishing for those long ago days when you could lose 2+lbs/week. So, live in the moment and be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished and what you will accomplish in the future.
princessgina00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #10  
On week 124

S/C/G: 317/242/157

Height: 5'6"

There may be something else at issue here than just wishing you had lost more weight in the 6 weeks. No one can identify it except you and you need to be willing to explore it.

Ask yourself some questions:
Are your expectations too high so that you can prove to yourself you cannot make your goal (a way to fail so you can go back to bingeing)?

Are you uncomfortable with success? Does it make you feel as though you have a new standard to live up to?

Try journalling, write down some thoughts and ideas an see where it takes you. Stay with it, keep exploring, there are many of us who face weird road blocks of our own creation. I know I have been in a major stall for a year! I finally realized many of my fears of getting to goal and I continue to work on them by pushing myself to explore what I feeling and not using food to push those feelings away.
one small bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

14 pound lost in six weeks is great ! Congratulations !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by one small bowl View Post
There may be something else at issue here than just wishing you had lost more weight in the 6 weeks. No one can identify it except you and you need to be willing to explore it.

Ask yourself some questions:
Are your expectations too high so that you can prove to yourself you cannot make your goal (a way to fail so you can go back to bingeing)?

Are you uncomfortable with success? Does it make you feel as though you have a new standard to live up to?

Try journalling, write down some thoughts and ideas an see where it takes you. Stay with it, keep exploring, there are many of us who face weird road blocks of our own creation. I know I have been in a major stall for a year! I finally realized many of my fears of getting to goal and I continue to work on them by pushing myself to explore what I feeling and not using food to push those feelings away.
I completely agree with this. I also think that if you do not do some soul searching and figure out what else is going on then you are setting yourself up for failure.

There is absolutely nothing that is "not that great" about losing 14 lbs in six weeks for anybody who is overweight at any starting weight. This is a healthy weight loss for anybody who is overweight. I feel that our media has really skewed our ideas of what a healthy weight loss is. Shows like Biggest Loser show people losing 10 lbs a week, that is not healthy and rarely sustainable. Not to mention all the magazine articles promising a lose of 20 lbs in 4 weeks, etc. This is not reality, healthy or advisable. Numerous studies on long term weight lose has shown that people who are lose weight slowly are more likely to maintain their weight lose and live healthier.

Be proud of yourself you did fantastic!
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #13  
Less of a Better Me

I am your height and am currently at 164. I would be ecstatic beyond belief to lose 14 pounds in 6 weeks. I lose closer to 1/2 a pound a week at best. Losing over 2 pounds a week at your height/weight is a very high weight loss.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

If the scale had such a bad effect on your mood and how you feel about yourself - then stay off it.

Take measurements instead.

Many of us here can't deal with the scale.

Keep doing what you are doing - you'll probably be at your goal weight within the next few months!
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I have thought about trying to weigh once a week instead of every day, but I'm too scared to do that because I'm afraid of the possible disappointment. However, 14 pounds in six weeks would not disappoint me.

I'm wondering what you felt like before you weighed. Being a third of the way to your goal, your body must be feeling very different. You must be seeing huge changes. The number on the scale doesn't change that.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote