Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #121  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!!

I have been reading the posts but haven't posted the last few days. I finally weighed on Wednesday (since Thanksgiving) and was up a pound to 160.8, which wasn't too bad considering I had three bad days in there, plus TOM is here. But then yesterday's weight was a new low, 159.4, so I was pretty excited. That puts me at 3.6 pounds lost for November which I'm pretty happy with even though I had 4lbs as a goal. Considering I had a week vacation and Thanksgiving weekend to deal with, I'm satisfied.

I am making December's goal modest also (3.5lbs to 156) because my b-day is the 14th, our anniversary is the 16th, and of course Christmas, which my husband has over a week off work, and that week is always a challenge to eat well.
He also has three days off for my b-day and anniversary and we plan on going out of town for a couple days, weather permitting.

Today's weight was down a smidgen, .2. I was worried yesterday's weight wasn't real and I would be back up today but was happy to see it stick.

Hope you all have a great Friday!!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #122  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon everyone! I swear one of these days I will have the spare time to do personals again.

For breakfast, I had about 80 calories of coffee. For lunch I had a cheddar cheese single stick, and a 'go-picnic' meal. It was my first time eating one, I had the Turkey Pepperoni & Cheese... It was okay. I'll definitely need to try some of the others. Has anyone else tried these?

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 12-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #123  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

OK, ten miles in two days is awesome, but my feet don't like the new shoes (I think). Yesterday it was my toe rings (they're not removable so I can't and don't take them off, unless in an MRI), they're causing blisters, something they've never done before...could it be skinnier toes? IDK So today, I prepped my toes for blisters (taping with sports tape) and headed downstairs for breakfast. I had a migraine and was hoping the calories would help. I took Tylenol migraine too. I wore my arch support ace braces and headed out. Ugh, by the end of the walk it felt like I broke my right foot. Not sure if it was the elastic brace or new pair of shoes ? We'll see. I'll give it a days rest and see. I think 10 miles is a good week of exercise

I need a nap! I always say that then can never fall asleep
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Friday!

Gearing up for the weekend...lot's of holiday related activities. I'm back to my pre-Thanksgiving weight, so it only took me a week to go back down the 3 pounds. I'm thinking there may have been more salt involved than I realized.

My DH is wanting to make New Years Eve plans. It's interesting because this is a change for him...he's usually happy to stay home and veg...it's me that wants to party. Well this year he wants to go out and I don't because of all the alcohol thats bound to be involved one way or another. If the calories from the alcohol don't get me, my resolve not to eat junk will go by the wayside and calories from that will. It's not a great time to be at a party where everyone is drinking but me. I don't need to drink to have fun, but it sucks to be the DD all the time. We'll see what happens...

Hope you all have a terrific, OP weekend!

KaylaChristine: Never heard of the go-picnic meal. Where did you buy it?

Ruth: congrats on the new low!

Gma4: I had to laugh when I read "mowing"...we have about 7 inches of snow on the ground now with possibly more tonight. I'll bet you have a beautiful summer garden!

nevaeh: Hugs right back to you!

BBB: I don't know if you use MyFitnessPal, but they have multiple housecleaning levels you can choose from when inputting your activity. What you're doing really is a full body workout...bending, lifting, twisting, walking, squatting... No wonder you're exhausted!

Diana: Hi! Hope you're having a great day!

MyTurn: Hope today is a better day for you. WTG staying on plan even when life tries to get in the way. That is how you're successful for the long run!

MamaKat: Congrats on the loss! Share your deer photo! We can't get very close to the deer this time of year because we're still in mating season. We had a dog that got gored by a buck. Not fun! Are you still writing? You haven't mentioned it lately.

RedBallon: Hi! Hope you're having a great day too!

Shisk: I had have that voice too. Now it just talks about chocolate, but it used to be cigarettes too. When you've finally ignored it long enough...it shuts up completely! Hang in there and great job!!! Do you have kids? Your grocery day attitude cracks me up...and then I wondered, well maybe she doesn't have kids with her, begging for stuff, running off, adding crap to your cart, etc. I like grocery shopping, but I've never loved it.

Jo: PLEASE don't let anyone take away the incredible accomplishment of the last year. I read your post and wish I had started a year ago. Maybe I wouldn't be at goal yet, but I wouldn't have weighed 200 pounds on my 46th birthday, either. Yea for you!!

Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #125  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

That's funny moondance because I do have children but my oldest wasn't with me yesterday. He's the challenging one but he was at school. My daughter is only 16 months and she's pretty easily pleased if I keep the cart moving.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #126  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

hi all, remember me? I've fallen into a bit of a rut, and put on a few of the lb I've lost, so it's time to get with it! I skipped the gym today because we are babysitting for a friend, so instead of a treadmill, I chased a two year old... that counts, right?

I'll check back tomorrow. Missed you all!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #127  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Shishkeberry Did you find a tree topper. Do you have any dollar stores there? I went to one of our dollar stores the other day and got some stationary and a workout journal. All $1 each! I hope your DF is able to quit smoking, too. That would be great for your little one as well as they two of you!

Mamakat Great job on the .8. Look at you and all of that walking! Awesome! Maybe you shoes just need to break in.

Larry Hi

Itsmyturn Sorry yesterday wasn't good. You didn't let that get in your way though! I hope you and your DD's have a wonderful girls night out. My only plan is that I hope I can sleep late this weekend. I will cook tomorrow night, workout Sat and Sun, and grocery shop on Sun. Nothing major.

Berry Great job tackling the craft room. You are so close to your DH's weight. I think that is great motivation!

Nevaeh Hi Congrats on keeping that focus!

Gma4 Hi It's good to see you today! Yard work and walking is great exercise. I think you have to be a member for 20 days to get a ticker.

Ruth Congrats on the new low!

KaylaChristine Hi

Moondance Great job on getting your weight back down. Yes, there was probably more sodium than you realize. Enjoy your holiday activities.

Jomatho Hi

Angejean Hi It's good to see you! Are you doing better with your allergies?

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-02-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1410 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (670 Calories)
Zuppa Toscana 170 calories
Venetian Apricot Chicken w/broccoli + asparagus 400 calories
Extra veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ
Old 12-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #129  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi all, how's it going? I'm still smoke-free despite being sorely tempted.... Sigh. More importantly perhaps, since this is weight-loss forum, I am holding out on any bingeing but tempted there too....Life is tough.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #130  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

The sodium/water weight has been kicking my butt! My calories are good, though. Wednesday was the Japanese restaurant and last night was Olive Garden. Crazy sodium in both of those places.

Weigh In: 148
Up: .2

Redballoon Please don't give in. It's not worth it. You will feel total regret after the cigarette (or binge for that matter). Stay strong. Come here and read the forums, get outside for a walk, just do something to get your mind off it. You can do it. I know you can.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #131  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

redballoon good evening good job on staying smoke free and not binging. Just think how successful you will feel when you conquer this. This is something that you can control It's hard to be sure...its the tougher things in life that we get through that make us stronger. Keep up the good work!

andejean welcome back. Kid sitting definitely has to be some kind of burn. I know at the end of the day, I was exhausted with my two

moondance I will ask DH to help me post the pic of the deer and the pants difference pic when he wakes up. As for writing, I must confess I had the couple married and then rethought everything...so now I'm in thought (like pooh bear....think, think, think) do I go back and rework or leave ideas for a different story...not sure. I should work on it though. Maybe today as I need to keep my feet up.

Kayla I, too, have never heard of "go-meals". Now I'm curious. Are they low fat or low carb? Are they like Lean Cuisine? Let us know.

ruth it's hard during times of celebrations to lose weight. I hope you can at the very least maintain.

Diana I'm sure it was a combination shoes and toe rings. I guess I didn't do a great job in taping it up. Instead the tape was so lose it made the rings only rub where as usually they go up or down and stay put while walking. That causes a tiny blister. I took off the tape last night out of curiosity (it was really hurting). I've never seen a blister this big and angry! It looked bigger than the actual toe Needless to say, I gotta figure something out, but today is a rest day. The rest of my toes and feet are good, so I'm on the right path

10 lbs in two days has brought me .8 away from my next goal. I think I'll be able to say I met goal by Monday. How exciting for me.

I took my kids to the doctor's yesterday for a missing vaccine. DS is so funny. I said before we went in "the first person to make a fuss, doesn't get ice cream". So the nurse (I don't know his title...he's more than a nurse, but not a doctor) says to take off sweaters and bear an arm. DD starts fussing right away. DS takes out his skinny white arm and gets his shot then says "thank you". that cracked us both up. I had to hold DD down She's much too big for this behavior. I told her, it took longer to fuss and waste Charlie's time then it did for him to actually give the shot. AND she admitted it didn't hurt. I hate that part of being a mom...why doesn't DH ever do the hard stuff (doctor visits and school meetings) it's so stressful BUT I love the field trips and concerts and my time with them. I guess I'll do the hard part as long as I get my bonuses. Like "thank you" after a shot...that's my boy!

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Last edited by mamakat; 12-03-2011 at 08:45 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #132  
Melissa

Was up till 2 am cleaning spent an hour getting the stains out of the carpet in the family room. I hate carpeting. And what did Henry do this morning? Spill juice just we had I scrubbed last night - ugh!!!

Getting ready to put up the artificial tree today. Couldnt put-up the real one yesterday as the stand broke! On top of that, the electricity in the front yard outlet isn't working so I couldn't put those up yesterday. Some is bahumbugging me!

Good news is that I have a new low. Down 1.2 today to see 173.0. (dh was 172.4).

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 12-03-2011 at 09:35 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3"

Diana 3271 Thanks for the answer. Hopefully by then I will have something good to report....today is day 3 and is going well. WOW 20 in 2 days congrats!!
All you mommys.......enjoy every moment with your kids. I know this is too often said "they grow up much too soon" and when you are in the day to day routine it seems endless but take it from me....you will look back and wonder where in the world the time went and how it went so fast.
Smokers trying to quit.....I can't imagine having yet another thing to try and give up but I have gone through the quitting cigs with a husband and sister and saw them give up trying several time before quitting for good. They both said it was the most difficult thing they had ever done. I can only identify with my cravings for food and know when I'm there it is difficult to think about anything else. I wish you every sucess today and always....you can do it and it will be so worth the effort.

Last edited by Gma4; 12-03-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: more stuff to add
Gma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #134  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Yes Diana in a way my allergis are much better. Since the surgery, things have much better, though now that it's winter they are getting worse again with two dogs in the house, and no windows open. I have stopped taking my allergy meds though, so perhaps I need to start them up again. I am trying to reduce my soda intake right now, I always drink diet, so it's not the sugar thats the issue, but I tend to choose soda over water, so I'm trying to fix that.

so much going on right now, but I'll have to catch you all up later! :-)
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Have been sick for two days. But hoping to get back to basics today.
My day is being spend writing an essay. No work out today.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote