Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm new and trying to figure out how this works....bear with me
Gma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3"

Embarking on yet another journey to lose wt for good. I've had so many starts, lose, gain, and start again. I feel accomplished in many ways but this wt always makes me feel less than...now that is an oxymoron.
Gma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #63  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Well, it's the day after the binge and of course I feel awful. Allergies causing itchy eyes and runny nose and I am bloated with whatever fluids from the junk food and extremely sore from exercise yesterday that I don't normally do. Yeah, it's a great way to start the day!
So, I'm wondering what all happened that I didn't see the kind of progress that knocked me off track or was it just the stress of life that finally caused me to cave in. I think it was the latter. I think, that, more than anything else is what causes the overeating in the first place. I, and I think I may speak for many here, just don't care that much about mere appearances. How could anyone in her/his right mind care about a few extra pounds? Really? Many cultures value being a bit hefty. I don't mean when it starts to cause health problems but before that. I wish I could find a philosophy that makes me do it despite not really valuing it that much. Or, if I had a goal that incorporated being lighter.... I could become a boxer or jockey where I had to make weight...hmmm. I don't know but being in Japan around all these tiny people is discouraging. I like to be different and that's what I am. Maybe I just have to try to be different in other ways. Sigh.

Well, one idea. I have been watching what other people eat and even though they may be thin, they don't look that healthy, that good. I keep thinking it's age and what happens after menopause but then again, perhaps not. They don't eat super healthy stuff. In fact, they eat a lot of processed sugar still, just don't eat much food overall.

So, maybe I could really go kind of crazy on the health food, eat more seaweed and fermented soybean paste (miso) and drink more vegetable juice and eat more brown rice like I used to. That's an idea that appeals to my warped mind....

Ok, gotta little time here so...

mem, good for you. We're both starting anew!

TXMary, you can do it!!

Larry, stay away from the sugar cookies. They are certainly not good for either you or your wife. If sugarless is so unappealing, I wouldn't bother. Instead, perhaps you could come up with a very healthy new recipe, something that is not meant as a substitute for something but is great on its own, perhaps something exotic from a different culture.

shish, I am trying to stop smoking too. Good for you and congrats on the weight loss!

Moondance, sorry to hear the job doesn't fit the hype. It usually doesn't. And the dentist...ugh. I'm amazed that despite everything you are still determined to stay on plan. Good for you! I will try to do the same..or rather, get BACK on plan...or maybe I should say MAKE a plan. Thanks for the support!

Gma, welcome and good luck!!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

How did your day go? Did you stick to your plan? Were you able to exercise?

Itsmyturn How was your day?

Berry Did you get lost in the leaves? Have you put the Christmas pig out yet? How are you doing with the cravings? For some reason I am still having them. I have them at night after dinner, for some reason. It doesn't make sense. I ate off plan Thanksgiving and then I ate the pretzels on Sunday night. The only other thing is that I had bought some thin bagels and I have been using those up. They are only 10 calories higher than my regular english muffins. The big difference between them is the carb/sugar/fiber/protein content. My regular english muffins are higher in fiber/protein and lower in sugar. I don't know if that has made a difference with my cravings. I don't think I will be buying them again. They taste good, though. I will still with my healthy stuff from now on, thank you very much.

Redballoon I'm glad your head is in a better place today. Hang in there. Sometimes healthier foods, vegetables, etc have less calories. You might be able to include more of those since they are not as calorie dense.

TXMary Great job on the workout. Did you workout again, today?

Larry Congrats on the 2 pounds! How did the sugar cookies go?

Shishkeberry Congrats on the new low!

Moondance Hang in there, you will get it all done. Maybe you could make a list of things you need to get done. I do this. It helps me keep my focus of what I need to get done. I also have to take a list to the grocery store. If I don't I will buy all kinds of things I don't need. Tomorrow is the Japanese restaurant. We go there once a month. I don't like going there, when I just came off a higher calorie day (Thanksgiving), etc. Hopefully I will start dropping some water weight, soon, though. I'm on plan and focused. I'm still in my maintenance range. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Gma4 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Above the posts on the right side you will see a button called Thread Tools. Click on that. In the drop down box there is a button called Subscribe to this Thread. Click that to add a subscription. You will be able to access this thread at the top where it says Quick links.

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-29-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #65  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Redballoon, there are a couple of sites that have helped me. Quit smoking message board and whyquit.net. They've been a huge help. Honestly I'm a little nervous at how relatively easy it has been for me. The first week was extremely hard, especially the first day, but it's almost effortless now. I'm almost waiting for the other shoe to drop. But once I realized that I am a junkie, not just someone with a bad habit, and that even one puff would be a relapse on par with shooting heroin, it has been much easier to say no. Reading the horror stories helps, too. Good luck to you!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #66  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1340 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken 200 calories
Grilled Mahi 200 Calories
Steamed Asparagus 100 calories
Steamed Broccoli 100 calories

Exercise:
Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (lower body premix w/#10's + cardio)
TF Fire 45 EZ
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #67  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

I think the world might stop revolving. Today I had to go out and get new shoes (I walked a hole in my recent pair ), turns out I was a 1/2 size smaller, hopefully this will help with the blister situation. Anyway, I needed to clean out the garbage from my front seat and put away the bins. While hunched over picking up empty Burger King bags a stranger approached me. Turns out to have been my neighbor at the end of the block who was flooded during Irene.

He missed his bus and asked if I was going to Post Road (main road here). I really didn't have any set plans, just needed to go to "town" (I like saying that). I shrugged said "yeah, I'm headed that way." He asked if I could give him a ride. Here's the omen, I said yeah. I drove a stranger in my car! AND as I was headed into "town" I asked where he was headed in the long run. The mall...which is a few miles away from "town" I asked if he'd like me to take him all the way there. Say what? I have no idea what got into me. I have never ever ever ever done such a thing! We had a nice conversation, he thanked me and introduced himself, even shook my hand.

Like I said, tomorrow there will be no gravity. I wanted to give you guys a heads up The therapist (in awful New Haven) was shocked. My DH was shocked. I'm still shocked. I think this one is going to go down into history books for me. Sometimes, I can be really nice

redballoon I like to be different too. I hate the idea of being 'normal' but I hate the idea of being the 'fat person'. I have way too many issues and this one I can actually work on. The rest are physical and mental things that I have no control over. But like I said, I like to be in control of me and this I CAN do...but I didn't do it over night and I struggled for a long time to get that power. Don't beat yourself up, that's key. It takes a lot of time and effort and you know what? your worth it

Gma glad to have you

I hope everyone has a wonderful night.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

mamakat If I wake up tomorrow morning on the ceiling, I will blame you. Have a good evening!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #69  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mamakatthat is so awesome! And hey no gravity means i'll definitely see a drop in weight with the scale tomorrow!

Shishkeberry so awesome with the no smoking. Maybe you're feeling it's been too easy and have been kicking yourself for not doing it sooner? Doesn't matter. You are doing it and that is awesome. Now to make sure DF doesn't smoke in the house.

Low calorie day for me... About 1250. I just wasn't hungry. I did get the rest of the leaves bagged up before the rain hit. Tomorrow I'll do bodystep. For right now I've got some serious cramping going on. Not overly painful (like I used to get before I had kids on occasion), but icky feeling and I feel so full.... Yuck!

Eta. And TMI se b forewarned,,,, but I tried using the instead cup for TToM... I though maybe now that I'm thinner it might fit better without leaking. Nope. They just don't work well for me. Drats! I really hate TTOM it's only k owing it's good formmy overall health that I don't wish for it to be gone too soon.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 11-29-2011 at 10:00 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #70  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Shishkeberry so awesome with the no smoking. Maybe you're feeling it's been too easy and have been kicking yourself for not doing it sooner? Doesn't matter. You are doing it and that is awesome. Now to make sure DF doesn't smoke in the house.
I think that's part of it. I wish I had done it sooner, but maybe it was like weight loss. I was just finally ready. No looking back once it was "my time". And no worries on DF...we've never smoked in the house. That's been a rule since day 1 of moving in together.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Mamakatthat is so awesome! And hey no gravity means i'll definitely see a drop in weight with the scale tomorrow!
Hee Hee! I like that! Maybe that will work for me, too!

Berry TMI alert! I have thought about trying those, too, but have hesitated because of how heavy things are for me. Since losing weight, I am probably considered normal. I will just stick with my regular products. I'm glad you commented on it. You never know, so it's good to try new things.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 AM   #72  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all

I felt a ton better today so I was able to exercise for over 50 mins on the treadmill. Yesterday I was only able to do about 23 mins because I got a throbbing headache, and I rarely get headaches. TOM just wanted me to rest I guess. My calories are a little low right now, around 1250. I got all my water in. I made an awesome dinner of bacon wrapped venison tenderloin, roasted winter veges, and salad. Everything was sooo good, and we still have plenty left for tomorrow.

Have a great night!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:32 AM   #73  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

I told you something was going to happen. I lost another 1.6 pounds bringing me to my lowest weight in 12 years. Not yet at my 70lb goal, but with finally losing all that weight I gained back (still not sure how I gained it in the first place) maybe now I might see 213 by next weigh in. What a whirlwind of good things for me this week, sometimes even good things can overwhelm I want to celebrate it by buying a wig but then I need to color my hair (which of course I do myself) and then I tell myself "if you're coloring why buy a wig?" You know what? Then I answer and say "because I want one" We go on for hours this way. The therapist reassured me, I do not have multiple personality disorder.

moondance sorry things are not so good right now. I have never thought of work as something good DH loves being what he is, but hated working under someone so he started his own company up with two other guys. He isn't having any more fun than he did with the other companies. And he has to do lame jobs to keep money flowing. But on the brighter side, he does some cool jobs too (some he has to sign confidentiality contracts...that's cool huh?). So maybe in the future some good things will show up and it will even out or at least make the other things better to cope with. IDK I haven't worked an outside job in 19 years...and everyone is pushing me to get one. But I just want to stay in my snuggie with my hiney hanging out.... you crack me up!

Berry I don't have any girlfriends (OK or guy friends either ) so when you mentioned the cup, I had all these questions...but alas it didn't work for you. I was never brave enough to venture out of my norm when it came to things like that. I am so thankful its all done with. This year as really been a wonderful year (as far as girly issues) I have really felt a true relief. But still am curious about stuff How did the scale treat you this morning? Hope I wasn't the only one who saw the gravity change

Diana Good morning, how was having coffee on the ceiling? Was it hard to drink or did you have it the same way they had tea in Mary Poppins? I can't believe I still remember that part in the movie...the laughter cracked me up. I love laughing and hearing others laugh...baby laughter is my all time joy. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Shish I'm proud of you...just want to say that once again.

Day three without DH. I had one meal yesterday. I finished off the turkey. I forgot to eat before leaving the house yesterday and then I was out for most of it. My therapist and I were having a tummy growling contest. If you can hear bellies grumbling in a therapy session, does that mean there's not enough talking going on? No, that was impossible...sit me down with someone who'll listen and I never shut up That's how loud our tummies were! I will do better today (oath to self)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Wow! The Thanksgiving weight is gone and it took some fat with it. I have a new low this morning of 227.8. When I saw that I actually had a double take and I had to weigh again because I didn't believe it. And most people gain weight when they quit smoking! Haha i'm really happy today.
Shisk, you are doing fantastic with both your weight loss and quitting smoking! Way to go, you should be so proud!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I told you something was going to happen. I lost another 1.6 pounds bringing me to my lowest weight in 12 years. Not yet at my 70lb goal, but with finally losing all that weight I gained back (still not sure how I gained it in the first place) maybe now I might see 213 by next weigh in. What a whirlwind of good things for me this week, sometimes even good things can overwhelm I want to celebrate it by buying a wig but then I need to color my hair (which of course I do myself) and then I tell myself "if you're coloring why buy a wig?" You know what? Then I answer and say "because I want one" We go on for hours this way. The therapist reassured me, I do not have multiple personality disorder.

moondance sorry things are not so good right now. I have never thought of work as something good DH loves being what he is, but hated working under someone so he started his own company up with two other guys. He isn't having any more fun than he did with the other companies. And he has to do lame jobs to keep money flowing. But on the brighter side, he does some cool jobs too (some he has to sign confidentiality contracts...that's cool huh?). So maybe in the future some good things will show up and it will even out or at least make the other things better to cope with. IDK I haven't worked an outside job in 19 years...and everyone is pushing me to get one. But I just want to stay in my snuggie with my hiney hanging out.... you crack me up!

Berry I don't have any girlfriends (OK or guy friends either ) so when you mentioned the cup, I had all these questions...but alas it didn't work for you. I was never brave enough to venture out of my norm when it came to things like that. I am so thankful its all done with. This year as really been a wonderful year (as far as girly issues) I have really felt a true relief. But still am curious about stuff How did the scale treat you this morning? Hope I wasn't the only one who saw the gravity change

Diana Good morning, how was having coffee on the ceiling? Was it hard to drink or did you have it the same way they had tea in Mary Poppins? I can't believe I still remember that part in the movie...the laughter cracked me up. I love laughing and hearing others laugh...baby laughter is my all time joy. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Shish I'm proud of you...just want to say that once again.

Day three without DH. I had one meal yesterday. I finished off the turkey. I forgot to eat before leaving the house yesterday and then I was out for most of it. My therapist and I were having a tummy growling contest. If you can hear bellies grumbling in a therapy session, does that mean there's not enough talking going on? No, that was impossible...sit me down with someone who'll listen and I never shut up That's how loud our tummies were! I will do better today (oath to self)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
I will probably say it again over at MFP, but to you for your new low, that is amazing. Here's a little for you to get to your 70 pounds lost mark, we need some pictures!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote