Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great week!

Calories for yesterday: 1475 +

Weigh In: Weigh In: 147.8

Up: .2

I think this .2 is due to the pretzels that I had last night. They have a good amount of sodium.

redballoon Yes, give it a try. It might help. Something else that helps me is to have my measuring tools right at hand. For example breakfast. I keep my measuring cup (1/2 cup) for my egg whites, and (1/8 cup) for my cheese right there where I make my breakfast. I drink my juice out of a particular glass. I checked the ounces of it so that means I know exactly how much juice I am drinking. I always, buy the same brand of turkey, so I know 3 slices is 60 calories, etc. Most people would consider it boring, but it works (and I like it )

Mamakat I hope you are not becoming anemic. Let us know what you find out. Have an extra long nap for me, too. I didn't sleep well last night. Hopefully tonight will be better. I always have a hard time sleeping on Sunday nights. I think it's because I am anticipating the week.

K9
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:01 AM   #17  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Monday WI 216.4 down 1.6 from last week, but still not back to the lowest that I had 2 weeks ago...but it's coming off, that's all I care about!

Diana I will let you know. As bad as my nails are (corrugated) I don't have any other symptoms. And unlike last year, I'm not bleeding anywhere, not even a bloody nose I used to have those bad. So I'm not losing what I got, but I have a problem with making it in the first place. It might be because I've been eating pitas...I know I shouldn't and if I am anemic I'll stop. I let you know
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat Great job on the 1.6 pounds.

Isn't it funny how we can gain overnight, but can take a week or two to leave?
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!

I weighed myself again today and my body seems to have let go of Thanksgiving water weight. The morning of Thanksgiving I was at 231, and the scale said 232.8 yesterday. Today I was pleasantly surprised to see 230 on the scale -- I was hoping to be down to 230 by this weekend, but I got there today! So I have lost my first 10 pounds, yay!

I was supposed to wake up and work out before going to work this morning, but an extra hour of sleep sounded sooo good. I told myself I would sleep in and exercise after work. I'm already regretting that! I have a million other things to do after work. I'm going to have to fit in a workout tonight, but for the rest of the week I'm going to make myself wake up early enough to do it before work!

I hope everyone has a great day!
dana813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #20  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana813 View Post
So I have lost my first 10 pounds, yay!
Dana Congratulations! Keep up the great work!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #21  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Dana and yay on the first 10, awesome job!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Diane: keep up the good work girl

Mamakat: congrats.

Dana: Good for you

I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. Same weight as last week, luckily. This past week I've eaten candy three days and drank two days. Not exactly been doing the treat your body as temple thing, eh? Staying still on the weight was good, because I expected to have gained.

There is a volunteer group at my school that runs a programme regarding buying local food. For 3 pounds I buy a bag of fruit that lasts me for a week. Nom nom nom.

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 11-28-2011 at 09:48 AM.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #23  
Trying to live below 200

IsabellaOlivia Sometimes no change is a good thing. Enjoy the fresh produce. Buying local is best.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Mamakat Great job on the 1.6 pounds.

Isn't it funny how we can gain overnight, but can take a week or two to leave?
Diana It's NOT FUNNY!!

Just kidding with you I know you meant funny like "isn't it odd"

I am down another 2 lbs of that Thanksgiving gain to 213 10 lbs more to go to get back to ground zero.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana813 View Post
I have lost my first 10 pounds, yay!
Dana On that 10 pound loss. Way to go!!

:

I see that we are practically neighbors I live with my DW in Brooksville, FL.

It is about an hour drive down the Suncoast Expressway from here to Tampa.

Keep up the good work!!

Larry,
Old 11-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia View Post
I did my weekly weigh-in this morning. Same weight as last week, luckily. This past week I've eaten candy three days and drank two days. Not exactly been doing the treat your body as temple thing, eh?
IsabellaOlivia Your post reminded me of one of my favorite sayings.

"They say to treat your body like a temple, I treated mine like an amusement park"

Larry,
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #27  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Looks like I am slow again this week, I have been posting in the other thread. Thank you Diana for posting link

I am down and finally busted through my plateau... I have been mixing it up for a month with no results like this before, so the only thing I can think of was that I had 2 extra days this week where I wasn't stuck at work on my butt for 9hrs/day? Either way, not going to argue. Was down 1.4lbs Saturday during weigh in; and due to paranoia I got on scale yesterday morning to make sure it stuck, to find down another .4lb!!!

Redballoon - I would fly in either... though the family may not like me taking off on them, Looks like long-distance cheerleading for now Is there something that inspires you? A picture? A thing? Something you could use for a reminder? I also eat VERY similar things daily... matter of fact, almost identical daily until evening. I have to pack up my stuff to take to work, so find it easier to have the same all the time and easier to figure calories that way.

Mamakat - I just got done dying my oldest DD's hair this weekend too Next weekend is the youngest DD. I also cut, style, etc... I do our nails (acrylics) as well. I have learned how to do it all so that we don't have to pay the prices others do for the same things... we don't have that kind of money. This way though, at least you wouldn't know it to look at us I did tips for my son too last year... I liked that look... fortunately school here is a bit lenient as long as the colors are "near natural" in shading... although kids do slight streaks in other colors, just can't have the whole head of it.

Larry - Sounds like you have yourself back in control of what you are consuming. Calorie cycling sure does take control... to balance it all out Great job!!!

Dana - Great job losing that water/Thanksgiving hold

To everyone else HI!!!!! So good to see y'all survived Thanksgiving!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #28  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Dana On that 10 pound loss. Way to go!!

:

I see that we are practically neighbors I live with my DW in Brooksville, FL.

It is about an hour drive down the Suncoast Expressway from here to Tampa.

Keep up the good work!!

Larry,
Hi Larry! Yep, I know right where Brooksville is -- we are practically neighbors =) Nice to meet you!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, everyone! Sometimes I get kind of frustrated by how far I have to go until I reach my goal. At one point I was down to my mini-goal of 170 but I gained all the weight back and then some. Ughh. But I'm just trying to focus on the positive and not be negative
dana813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Monday!

I'm so glad to be back home and back to work, which means back to my regular schedule. Geez...Thanksgiving was a let down on many fronts. I did the best I could. However between too many restaurant meals, "helpful" family members (see, I bought you the flavored coffee creamers you like so well), old habits dying hard (i.e., all the food on Turkey Day), a chipped tooth, and uncaring family members, I guess I should be happy I came home only 2 pounds up. But it pissed me off nonetheless...especially because the trip was a drag (meaning not fun).

So, back to my usual menu and very happy about it.

Hope everyone else had a nice holiday, and regardless of what happened last week, we're all back OP today!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 295/281/130

Height: 5'3"

After facing some set-backs and stressors in my personal life since I joined Weight Watchers and 3FC last month, I am ready and able to commit fully to losing. At least I lost 7 pounds during the month - way behind what I could have done with consistent diet and exercise, but better than gaining!

Today, I'm following my WW points, attending a WW meeting, and getting my butt on the treadmill for at least an hour!
Rebecca8 is offline   Reply With Quote