3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   NSV...So EXCITED! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/247557-nsv-so-excited.html)

free1 11-23-2011 10:17 AM

NSV...So EXCITED!

Like most people, I'm preparing to pack up the kiddos and head to Grandma's for the big turkey day. For the first time, I'm not looking for something that doesn't show off my hips or trying to find a shirt that fits...and doesn't button down the middle like a lumberjack! I actually feel comfortable. I know I have a long way to go but last Thanksgiving, I was in a 22/24 (closer to a 24). I'm headed out today in a 14W/16W (very close to just a 14W).

I feel so relieved and like so much pressure has been lifted. I'm even more comfortable with dressing the kids because I realized I always stressed to find something that made me look good (and thinner). I know I have a long way to go yet but it feels soooo much better.

P.S.- I saw my former secretary in the grocery store and she said she almost didn't recognize me. Not bragging just feeling really good today!

MedChick87 11-23-2011 10:24 AM

Yay!!! :carrot:

Congrats! Great NSV, and I'm sure you've worked hard for it!!

Everlasting 11-23-2011 10:25 AM

Congrats! Have a great trip and a great time with family and the kids!

pockets 11-23-2011 10:29 AM

That's awesome!!

I was squeezing into my 18's just a short while ago. Now I can pull them down without unbuttoning/unzipping. Bad part is the only other jeans I have are 12's and I can't get those on. I don't want to go spend money on 14's just to shrink out of them in another few weeks!

twinieten 11-23-2011 10:37 AM

IMHO, when you've made it this far, you've earned some bragging rights! Way to go!! I'm so happy for you! It's quite an amazing feeling when you can put something on and feel good, and even look at yourself and say "wow!".

I know what you mean about this feeling being lifted. It's amazing how you can become so uncomfortable in your own skin and then you actually feel physically lighter, as well as emotionally lighter.

Thanks for sharing this NSV!

kirsteng 11-23-2011 12:33 PM

Wow, good for you!!! :D

I also have lots of 'clothing' goals, as I have always been a big size (started at pants size 22 or thereabouts). Let's face it, clothes are ugly in a large size... although I'm lucky as my top half is relatively small in comparison to my bottom, so I could always buy pretty tops (about size 16 when I started). In the middle of December I'm going to the office Christmas party and am planning to wear a dress that I haven't worn in 5 years, and even then I only wore twice... it's a size 14 (stretchy a line so my bottom half won't matter as much). It's going to feel GREAT to be comfortably in that, cuz even 5 years ago when I wore it, it sure wasn't comfortable! :lol:

So, once again, CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy wearing those pretty clothes - you've earned them!! :cheer2: