I weigh 200 and want to eat. A lot!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have officially dropped down to 200 hundred pounds and now all I can think about is food. I want to go get Little Debbies chocolate chip snack cakes and doughnuts and ton of other junk food. I am struggling at the moment to be good. I have used butterscotch as a sweet snake for the least three of so pounds and it isn't enough.
    I just want to eat and eat and eat. So far I have been good but it is getting harder by the minute. I need advice and reasons not to eat a LOT! You girls always have great advice that's why I am here. Please help. Give me reasons to be good.
    Last year I lost 25 pounds. So far this year I have lost 22. 3 more pounds would make 50 whopping pounds lost. I want that but right now I just want food. Namely junk food. In large quantities. Have I mentioned I am hungry yet because I am.
    Someone please help I don't know how long I can hold out. I know on some level I am trying to savatage myself but I am still losing control. I afraid of how I will feel weighing 199. NOT sure why but I am. What can I do? Has anyone else felt this way. How did you make it past it? Help please!
  • Some of us just like to eat large quantities, so we bulk up our foods with low calorie veggies to make big meals with low calories. That could help, hopefully!

Link
  • HELLO....Sending BIG HUGS your way. You haven't gotten this far on just feelings. You've gotten this far by commitment. Remember your commitment and why you started this journey in the first place. Think about where you want to be in the long run and not just where you are now.

Having said that....I had this problem all last week. I don't know what your plan is but I calorie count. Instead of denying myself, I allowed myself to "indulge"" in a low-cal way. I bought a small serving of Skinny Girl ice cream (Dulce de leche....OMG it was fantastic and 150 calories). I also got some Skinny Girl Candy...their "turtle" vision. I also have other low-cal goodies....Weight Watchers brownies or carrot cake, pecan rolls (which are usually around 100 calories each). I also have a supply of 100 calorie snacks (chocolate covered pretzels, snack mix, fudge cookies, chocolate chip cookies). To replace cheesecake, I've tried strawberry greek yogurt with a graham cracker (not quite cheesecake but delish).

I know these are a lot of processed foods but maybe having a "low-cal" indulgence will satisfy the cravings without totally throwing off your diet plan
  • Do you have pictures of yourself before you lost almost 50lbs? Print out a before picture and a picture of you now and compare them. Look at how far you have come, you can do it!
    Try eating some veggies or snacking on some low cal cereal. Maybe you are hungry, just try to keep away from the junk and eat healthier snacks. Sometimes, drinking a diet soda will curb my snacking issues.
    Are you at work? Can you go take a quick walk or do some type of exercise?
    You are so close to wonderland! When you step on the scale and see 199 you will be sooo proud! Stay strong, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • OH YEAH....Remember ONEDERLAND is right around the corner!!!!!!
  • Food isn't good or bad and neither are you. It's our choices that determine what we become. You have done quite well. I noted you have been using butterscotch for a sweet treat and that may be why you are triggering cravings for simple carbs. A craving lasts about 15 minutes so try to get busy doing something for that long. If the craving is still there, then have 3 bites and no more!
  • Thanks everyone!
    I just ate three eggs. At least they are good for me. But I still want some junk food. I would go walking as this helps but it is raining outside. I could slip in a Leslie Sanone dvd to do. I did four miles yesterday since it also rained yesterday. Boo!
    I will try to remember how far I have come and where I want to be. Part of me would love to be 199 but there is another part of me that is scared of it. I have admittedly been thinking skinny equals happy and I know this is not true. But skinny does equal healthy. I will try to concentrate on the healthy part until the urge to eat everything in sight passes. At least I hope it will pass. I am full right now but still hungry. My body namely my stomach is betraying me and my goals right now. I have also started on a glass of milk which is helping somewhat. I just need to do something.
    Oh in answer to one of your questions I am calorie counting. It is the only thing that works for me. When I was 17 I went on NutraSystem. I lost 24 pounds back then. I went from 155 to 131 and felt great about my self at 131. Unfortunatly later that felt big to me. I got down to 111 once but everyone said I was to small so I gained back 20 then due to some pills I had to take I gained a additional 100.
    I want to feel good about myself again and look good and be healthy. I have never at any weight had guys look at me except when I was 19 and they all wanted ONE thing. You can probably guess what that ONE thing was.
    Anyhow I just need to think healthly. NO shortness of breath no painful walking. NO sore feet from walking because of my weight no back pain from being stupped over. Healthy I want to be Healthy. of and eat some choclate! He he:-)
  • I know you want to eat- we all do. None of us got here because we didn't really eat. It's a natural feeling (it's survival). What we have to do is decide what means more to us - eating anything & everything we want in large quantities, or our health and well being.

You're right - skinny doesn't equal happy (and it doesn't always equal healthy), but being at a healthy weight is a good foundation for building a healthy mind & body.

Good luck!
  • I've totally been where you are before! I used to think that once I was really 'on-plan' I'd never have those cravings again, but I still do. I struggled a lot previously (and still to some extent) with bingeing. I know what it's like to feel your body becoming ravenous for EVERYTHING, all at once. I guess my turning point came when I realized that I will always be fighting the binges, so I decided to turn them around and make them work for me. So instead of 'letting go' and just shoving anything and everything in my mouth, I learned to listen better. I learned to listen to my body in those moments so I could pinpoint exactly what I wanted and why. Your body is crazy for some chocolate? Go have a bit of chocolate. But not the whole bar, and don't pad it with all sorts of other junk. Listen closely and your body can guide you. Good luck!
  • Get some chocolate. Dark chocolate satisfies best. Break off part of the bar and put the rest in the freezer so you can't eat it right away. Before you eat your piece of chocolate eat a huuuuge bowl of steamed veggies or something else similar so you're not craving more chocolate just to fulfill hunger.
  • Thank you swt. I would love a bite of chocolate but I am afraid I would not stop at one bite. I still have little self control at eating things I shouldn't.
    I did just go for a walk and I am going out again in a minute. It finally stopped raining. Hooray!!! I love walking and I am getting faster and going farther now. I walked for a solid hour a couple of days ago. Plus I did an hour Leslie Sanone dvd. It felt great. I was sweating like crazy but I did it. Things I could not have done 47 pounds ago. I intend to be a healthy skinny. I walk, do Zumba on occasion and weight lift. The only thing not shrinking on me is my stomach it is stuck at 43 inches and has been for six months. The rest of me is smaller, which makes my pants look horrible!
    Anyhow thanks everyone. I still want junk food but am feeling better after walking that is why I am going back out to walk some more. Keeping myself occupied is I think the best thing for me to do.
    Oh and it's my time of month which I didn't know earlier. TOM = cravings. I just have to keep myself busy for a couple of days and the cravings will pass. I hope!
    Thanks everyone!
  • Best thing that works for me is not to have junk food at home. Once it is in my fridge, i would eat it.
    You have done a great job on losing that weight. look at your old clothes and see the difference in your size between now and then. This will help you stay focused.
    Good luck
  • Thanks for the idea chik. I have never compared my old clothes to the ones I am wearing now. That's a great idea. I have gone down three sizes there has to be a difference.
    The only junk food I have here is butterscotch candy. It has been keeping me from going and getting tons of junk food. Though it is not helping today but walking is. I just came back in. It started raining again.
    Two miles today isn't bad, not great, but not bad. I will do a exercise dvd later to keep me occupied.
    Again thanks for the advice!
  • blueice10,

I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I'm going through the exact same thing! My problem with the "snack packs" is that I eat more than one (2=200 cal, 3=300 cal, etc.). Self-control is not my forte. I need to go get some veggies and fruit to keep handy to snack on. My workplace is the worst for diets. People are always bringing in desserts and we always have leftover food/snacks from meetings. I definitely need to walk more and dust off the workout videos- I keep making excuses. Just knowing I'm not the only one battling these cravings is inspiring me to stick to my healthy eating style and to get off my butt and exercise! I haven't tried Zumba yet, but I am going to look into it. Thanks for the inspiration and hang in there!

("It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up." – Vince Lombardi)
  • Sometimes knowing WHY you have these cravings helps.

Could it be the weather changing and being colder? Could it be that there is less light? Both those things make me want a carb fix. But knowing the cause can help me to overcome it.

Recently I went back on birth control pills and holy cow- the first two weeks all I wanted to do was eat! At first I could not figure out what was wrong with me. Plus, I was moody and went from exercising an hour a day to not wanting to get off the couch. When I finally put 2+2 together, I realized it was hormonal. Just knowing that helped me to stop giving in to the cravings and to make myself get back on my exercise routine.