Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Get some chocolate. Dark chocolate satisfies best. Break off part of the bar and put the rest in the freezer so you can't eat it right away. Before you eat your piece of chocolate eat a huuuuge bowl of steamed veggies or something else similar so you're not craving more chocolate just to fulfill hunger.
This is a great idea, I second it!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #17  

You are at a critical point in your weight loss journey. You dropped down to 200 pounds. That is a milestone for you.
Maybe you figure you can start to eat again...like a fat person does...lots of junk again.

You have to think different, now that you are thinner.
Now you have to keep on eating like a thin person. Thin people don't overeat and binge on junk snacks.

A friend of mine went from 212 to 112 in a little over a year.
Once she hit her goal, she told everyone she could start to "eat" again.

And she ate and ate and ate all the way up to 222. It took her just as long to lose the weight as it did to regain it all.

Don't do this to yourself.
You can never "eat" again. You have to keep losing, and then you have to go on Maintenance. I have to do the same thing. Any of us on this forum that get to our goals must also go into maintenance. Otherwise we probably will regain everything we lost. What a loss of time and effort!

So many people here will lose just partway to their goal, then quit dieting and quit these forums... and regain. Don't be one of them.
Change you way of thinking before you start gaining weight.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 247/183/117

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Jolina. I needed to hear that. I just got done exercising and I am hot and sweaty and hungry. Not sure what I will eat, but it will be healthy. I think that today I was just scared of finally hitting 199. I am so close I can taste it. Thankfully I have no junk food here. It is awful going to the grocery store. They have doghnuts and cupcakes and fudge right beside the veggies and fruits. It is always hard to get by that stuff but I have managed not to get any for the last month. I have a little butterscotch candy but that is all. It is like 60 calories for 3 pieces. It is not going to hurt me and it helps my sweet tooth.
I think for now at least I am past wanting junk food again. I managed to stay home and not get any. The real challenge is when I need to grocery shop and have the cravings for junk food. Hopefully the longer I will go without the less I will want the stuff. Right now I just want something healthy to eat. I am only at 800 calories for the day and that is way to low!
Thanks Jolina and everyone else for helping me, this place is so supportive. I come here everyday to be encouraged. THANKS ALL!!
blueice10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLINA View Post
You are at a critical point in your weight loss journey. You dropped down to 200 pounds. That is a milestone for you.
Maybe you figure you can start to eat again...like a fat person does...lots of junk again.

You have to think different, now that you are thinner.
Now you have to keep on eating like a thin person. Thin people don't overeat and binge on junk snacks.

A friend of mine went from 212 to 112 in a little over a year.
Once she hit her goal, she told everyone she could start to "eat" again.

And she ate and ate and ate all the way up to 222. It took her just as long to lose the weight as it did to regain it all.

Don't do this to yourself.
You can never "eat" again. You have to keep losing, and then you have to go on Maintenance. I have to do the same thing. Any of us on this forum that get to our goals must also go into maintenance. Otherwise we probably will regain everything we lost. What a loss of time and effort!

So many people here will lose just partway to their goal, then quit dieting and quit these forums... and regain. Don't be one of them.
Change you way of thinking before you start gaining weight.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
I agree with you 100% JOLINA, after having spent 8 years in maintenance, you must must must change your thinking! Those who continue to think like our former "bigger" selves (ie. eating for pleasure without paying attention to portions/calories) simply return to our former selves.

Some people can eat without a care for things like that and stay slim. We are not those people. The sooner we accept it, the less difficult maintenance is. Good luck!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote