3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What food(s) do you miss the most? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/247473-what-food-s-do-you-miss-most.html)

lissvarna 11-21-2011 02:01 PM

What food(s) do you miss the most?

So, three months in I eat a lot differently, but notice that I don't actually miss much. I don't miss a fast food lunch and I don't mind eating a lean cuisine almost every day, don't really miss burgers & fries or snacking throughout the day. I do miss drinking craft beer, but I'm enjoying wine instead.

The one thing i REALLY miss is bagels. An everything bagel with veggie cream cheese was my breakfast nearly every morning, and I have to say it is surprisingly what I miss the most. The positive here is, it's the only thing I can really think of that I really miss eating regularly!

So, what's that one thing for you?

Thighs Be Gone 11-21-2011 02:05 PM

I really, really love cream filled donuts.

Thighs Be Gone 11-21-2011 02:06 PM

I also miss buttercream frosted fresh cake.

Mimzzy 11-21-2011 02:09 PM

I miss pasta with rich and creamy sauces

PrincessAmy 11-21-2011 02:15 PM

I miss ramen noodles..kinda odd to me. lol & cheese sticks with ranch!

Melfuchsia 11-21-2011 02:16 PM

I miss raspberries! And peanut butter (not the two together)

Melfuchsia 11-21-2011 02:21 PM

oooh, and rice. I've blocked it out of my thoughts, so it did not even comme to mind as something I miss, It just doesn't exist anymore!

sontaikle 11-21-2011 02:44 PM

I still eat what I ate before, so I don't miss anything. Occasionally I'll wish I could just eat whatever amount I want, but then I remember how I felt after eating large meals and then I don't miss it anymore.

Have you tried mini-bagels? I don't eat full-size bagels anymore, but any time my mother buys bagels for the family I ask her to get me a mini one so I can still enjoy a bagel without going crazy.

berryblondeboys 11-21-2011 02:50 PM

If I didn't have blood sugar issues, I wouldn't have given up anything I wanted. So, if I loved bagels, I would fit them in occasionally. However, I do have blood sugar issues. I can control it with diet alone, but that means I have given up pasta, rice, sweet potatoes, breads and desserts. For some reason potatoes don't spike my blood sugar.

What I miss is homemade bread, toasted and then slathered in butter. Totally can't eat that any more and I miss it!

Steph7409 11-21-2011 03:49 PM

I haven't had a bagel in 4 months. It's a hard one to fit into my daily calories.

KaeLynnB 11-21-2011 04:04 PM

They have those 110 calorie bagels...those are awesome!! I don't miss anything either. I still eat the same stuff...just alot less of it!! But I've also learned to eat different stuff....different veggies and different meals...works out well for me!

pattypaw 11-21-2011 04:16 PM

Ice cream! I can't just eat a little and walk away so i don't even touch it.

ParkTrot 11-21-2011 04:23 PM

I still eat whatever I want essentially, just in moderation. However the one thing I have been able to figure out how to eat is pepperoni pizza from my favorite pizza place. Don't get me wrong, I can work pepperoni pizza into my diet - just not THAT one and boy do I miss it.

kirsteng 11-21-2011 05:34 PM

I'm an everything-in-moderation girl too, so I can happily say that I haven't given up anything.. but sometimes I only get a taste. Most of the time that taste is enough though... on a friday night though, that second glass of wine is looking AWFULLY good.

I used to do Atkins and it drove me nutty... I craved bread like you wouldn't believe and the fruit - don't even get me started. I was miserable without it! :devil:

lin43 11-21-2011 06:05 PM

Count me as one of those who doesn't miss much because I incorporate what I love to eat into my daily calories. It also helps that a lot of what I love to eat is also good for me.

However, I must admit that there are some foods I just wish I could have more of: Pecan pie (my all-time favorite dessert) and real, NY-style pizza (1 slice is the max I can fit into my calorie range) come to mind. Normally, if I do give in and eat more of those types of foods than I should, I just cut back for a few days to make up for it.