Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I ate too much. But I planned on that, so I guess it's OK. I was back on plan after I over indulged. We ate our Thanksgiving meal at lunch. I won't eat anything else today. It was so good! I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs, too.

I did something amazing, for me, today! I wanted to do a different workout today. I drove around the perimeter of our Tanger outlet mall. There is a sidewalk/walking path around it. The distance is 1 1/2 miles. I decided to walk it. I wanted to go around 4 times for a total of 6 miles. I was going around the backside and I heard someone running up behind me. I got nervous at first. I moved over a little and a man, who was running, ran past me. I tried walking faster, to catch up to him, but he was running too fast. I watched him and how far he had gotten ahead of me. I knew I wanted to get around the mall 4 times, but I was thinking that I was going to run out of time. I didn't want to be out there in the dark. I had only one option. I had to run, too. Me? Run? The girl who, in school, was known as "there's the girl that fell in the hole". I was always falling down and twisting my ankles. I couldn't even walk without falling. Running was not an option for me. That would be disastrous for sure! I did it, though! I am so proud of myself. I ran between 3 and 4 miles and walked the remainder, for a total of 6 miles! I have never ran like that before. to me!

Now, the question is going to be, what will be hurting tomorrow? My glutes and hamstrings are warm. My hip flexors were talking a little at the end. Will I even be able to get out of bed in the morning?

That is an awesome story and you did so well right out of the gate!!!! My guess is that the hip flexors will be the most sore in the morning. That's where I always feel it when I am not used to running for a while, but I that might be just the way I am built or something. Just pray it's not the shins, those are
the worst!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

Diana So funny as I read your question on Black Friday my DH is looking at all the stores that are opening...he loves Black Friday! I refuse to step foot in any store from here on, into Jan 2nd. DH though loves doing everything last minute and this year he was told no electronics, but he just told me Best Buy is opening at midnight tonight...he cracks me up. He is so addicted to spending money on new fandangle things. We usually do separate things for xmas, but this year I said he can do it all and we only need one present (big) each and then I said "I don't need anything". My DS who has never participated in xmas said he already had an idea for me...so of course I said okay. This is his first gift ever (including bdays). I'm actually shocked and want to know what it is My little boy (15) is finally joining in a holiday Last year he tried Halloween ToT...he last 20mins. So it ought
to be exciting...not sure though what DH will get...oh and DS got his daddy something yesterday...shocking!

Berry you amaze me, man I can't imagine cooking like that. My mom and grandma were like that too, everything from scratch...even the cranberry sauce. I of course am the rebel, I have such a hard time even thinking about spending so much time and energy into something (that I don't enjoy) and then it be over in minutes. I guess though, if you truly enjoy it, it's different. I don't know, I think if I did any type of real cooking, I'd make everyone look at it for an hour (at least) before eating I hope you have a wonderful day and get some rest afterwards.

Jomatho my scale moved down today too. Of all days, I finally dropped a couple of pounds. Now they'll go up again. But it's sunny out
today so I can go for a walk. Maybe I can get one of my kids to go too. Can't ask DH, he'll be cooking Have a great day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

I fell asleep in my chair for a little bit tonight and just woke up to my kids bustling around getting ready to go out shopping the midnight sales with dad!!! Seriously? How crazy is that? They better not be going to best buy, that is all I have to say! If it was helpful shopping like for the grandparents, nieces or something it would be fine, but I am sure that is not the case.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #78  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weigh In: 147.4
Up: 2.8 pounds

I always have a second day of gain, too. We'll see what happens.

Jomatho How was your Thanksgiving? You hit the nail on the head with that one! I feel it in my hip flexors. While I was running, I suppose I was getting tired. I could feel myself leaning forward. It would give me that sensation that I was going to stumble/fall. I kept telling myself to straighten back up. This would solve that falling/stumbling sensation.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

We went to my Sister's house for Thanksgiving. I over ate (a lot). I think that my sister must have used a lot of sodium in her cooking. I had a dry mouth all evening and drank a lot of water trying to cure it. Today I paid the price for over eating. My scale shows a whopping 17 lb gain!!

I know from my experience this year that this weight gain is only fluid retention and it is temporary. I still really hate to seeing those numbers again.

Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 11-25-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #80  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

I am happy to say, I neither over did it or under did it that isn't proper English I'm sure. DH did an amazing job on his dinner. He is so used to serving food to everyone separately, he didn't call anyone to set the table. When he handed DS his plate DD freaked out and demanded we eat at the table...only DH was unaware that that is how things are done

He did a lot of dessert prep while the kids and I ate and LAUGHED our butts off. It was sort of weird seeing him cook while we were laughing...we really are screwy when it comes to the four us together BUT the dessert was soooooo good and low carb He made pumpkin pudding! Oh my gosh, I haven't had pumpkin pie in 2 years because of Celiac's, but without the crust and in a martini glass topped with whipped cream, the pudding was to die for!

A whole family NSV since DH has joined the low carb lifestyle, my chubby DD has lost 8lbs. She still eats a lot of candy, but cutting out all the other carbs has really helped. DH is losing weight too. DS is not allowed to lose weight, so everytime I turn around I'm shoving food into his mouth, whether carb or not...he still lost a pound But its so nice that we are all eating nutritiously. I'm so glad that I was a role model and starter for them, I feel like I've finally done something good for these people, whom I love.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

Larry Wow! I was very thirsty after we ate, too. I only allowed myself small sips of water here and there. I know what happens. My body will hold onto it for dear life! I think you can totally relate!

Mamakat It sounds like you had a wonderful day, as a family.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
He made pumpkin pudding! Oh my gosh, I haven't had pumpkin pie in 2 years because of Celiac's, but without the crust and in a martini glass topped with whipped cream, the pudding was to die for!
mamakat My DW is diabetic and loves pumpkin pie but has not had any because of her diabetes. I found the following recipie for crust-less, sugar free pumpkin pie. It turned out fantastic. It cuts and serves just like the regular pumpkin pie. I used Stevia in the Raw instead of Sweet N Low. My DW says "This recipe is a keeper" Best of all it is only 65 calories for a 1/8 pie slice.

Crustless Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Diabetic

Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
1/2 cup egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
2 egg whites
3/4 cup artificial sweetener (equivalent to 3/4 cup sugars)
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs

Directions:

1 In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, egg substitute, egg whites and sweetener, beat until smooth.
2 Add the spices and salt, beat until well mixed.
3 Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
4 Pour into a 9-in. pie plate that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
5 Bake at 325°F for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
6 Cool.
7 If desired, garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkling of cinnamon.
8 Store in the refrigerator.
9 Sweet 'N Low or Sweet One are recommended for baking.

Larry,
Old 11-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #83  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow, so sorry I have missed so much! It's been crazy since DH started working - he was working days 10a-7p which meant after working long days, I was doing supper for kids, cleaning, trying to do a load of laundry, and still trying to fit in workouts. Crazy! Needless to say, didn't leave a lot of online time. He is switching to nights for good starting tonight, so after adjustments are made, should make this a smoother process and I can get back to my support crew - miss you all so much!

Diana - Great job with the run!!!!

Krystal - I am just as thankful as you to have the privilege of finding this place and becoming a small piece of lives (and taking you all into a piece of mine).

I have been pretty much on plan, but the movement is non-existent with the scale and that's ok. I am still looking forward and feeling good
Old 11-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #84  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I've been MIA a bit lately. Just been super busy with holidays etc.!

I'm down another pound as of Wednesday when I weighed myself last, so I'm now at 158, yay!

I did overeat yesterday...but that's okay. It was bound to happen. I can't resist stuffing! Also, it's TOM time (which is weird, because I usually am anywhere from 2-8 lbs. heavier---but this period I'm actually down a lb. I'm not complaining though lol!). But anyway, it's TOM time so I had WAY too many sweets. I was on my feet all morning yesterday making deserts. I made my delicious Pumpkin Cake & some yummy Oreo truffles. I did manage to get a jog/walk around the block yesterday, so that's good at least.

Hope everyone in the US had a good Thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #85  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Diana: on 6 miles!! Did you love running? Did you have runner's high afterwards? My nsg friend, whom I got into running, is now running farther & faster than me. She invited me to be on their team for the St. Jude 1/2 next Sat. Seriously!!!!

Larry: WoW! I hope you feel better soon & get all of that water off!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Monday was 883 calories. Did JM ripped in 30

Tuesday was 1509 calories.

Wednesday was 2069 calories.

Thursday was 895 calories.

I want to be at a consistent 1400 and at 5 meals a day to keep my blood sugar up. I turn viscious when I'm hungry. Horn grow from my forehead.

Happy thanksgiving to the Americans!

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 11-25-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #87  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I had to share this, it's so funny. The family (minus me) went out Black Friday shopping. They invited me to meet them out for lunch. We met at Uno's. I got there first and was heading in when I heard someone behind me...a long way away. My kids came up and giggled and finally DH joined us. He said "if it wasn't for your wig, I wouldn't have recognized you from behind, you have a small butt". LOL that's funny. Of course my butt is not "small", but it used to be VERY recognizable He liked my jeans

Last edited by mamakat; 11-25-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

Itsmyturn Things have gotten busy for you and the family! At least you haven't had a gain during the holiday. I think you have done great.

KaylaChristine Congrats on the pound! Great job on working out, too.

K9 The running was fun. I probably won't do it often, though. There's not many places close to me that I would feel safe while running alone. I would kinda feel like I was getting a runner's high and then I would feel one of my toes cramping up.

Isabellaolivia I get the same way if I don't eat my 3 meals on time. I am not a very nice person.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #89  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
He said "if it wasn't for your wig, I wouldn't have recognized you from behind, you have a small butt". LOL that's funny. Of course my butt is not "small", but it used to be VERY recognizable He liked my jeans
Sounds like a NSV to me! A funny NSV, but(t) still a NSV!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1395 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories