Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #16  

Height: 5'0"

I knew you guys would help motivate me to see the doctor!

It's hard to fit it into my schedule (need a babysitter), but you're right: better to check on it now, just in case.

Will ask Hubby to schedule a day off work so I can at least get a quick exam and some bloodwork.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by banananutmuffin View Post
I knew you guys would help motivate me to see the doctor!

It's hard to fit it into my schedule (need a babysitter), but you're right: better to check on it now, just in case.

Will ask Hubby to schedule a day off work so I can at least get a quick exam and some bloodwork.
Yeah!!!! So happy to hear that you will go for a check. I know how had it is to fit in doctors visits and blood work with little ones but it is worth it in the long run.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #18  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Glad you're going to see a doctor! What I took away from your first post that I didn't see mentioned was the possibility that you have Hashimotos Thyroid Disease. Since the doc thought you were borderline hypo and now you're dropping pounds like crazy and without effort, it might be worth consideration. From what I understand the antibodies can cause you to swing between hyperthyroid and hypothyroid. When you go see your doc, consider asking her or him to run some thyroid tests, including thyroid antibodies. I just had mine done, and asked my doctor to include a number of tests that she had not added to the lab order herself.

Also, diabetes (this was mentioned before, I think) can cause weight loss. I'd be most concerned with the rapid weight loss, than anything else. Though I'm sure it's thrilling being small!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by twinieten; 11-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #19  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Another vote for go to the doctor.

Having said that - eating healthy or not is irrelevant to fat loss or gain.

Do you have an idea of how many calories you're consuming?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #20  

Perfect timing with this post.

I was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's. For the past year I've had nagging symptoms. They were easy to explain away, but I knew something wasn't right. Also, my weight was coming off so easily, that I was concerned. I thought maybe it was that I was running now, which burns crazy calories. But it seemed even when I'd go off diet, binge for days and not run, the scale would only go up a pound or two (water, and colon weight, sorry TMI) and within a day or two after getting back on plan, not only was the "extra" pound or two gone, but the scale would be even less than where I started.

My other symptoms got worse. Mood swings, sweating, anxiety, racing heart; alternating with being tired, cold, depressed. As someone said, Hashi's leaves you swinging between hyper and hypo.

In all honesty, most people aren't diagnosed with Hashi until this thyroid tug of war is over, and the thyroid burns out and they are completely hypo...which is why someone would say, they lost a lot of weight, then gained it back then was diagnosed hypo.

Do you have any other symptoms?
I know the weight loss is nice. I know first hand. But let me say, its a different kind of loss. I've been this weight before in my life, but I don't look as healthy. I have more of a wasting look, I think, then slender. I am also being tested for various GI auto immune issues, as I already has psoriasis, and now Hashi's.

Get checked out, because its not a quick thing. Get the ball rolling as it can honestly take monthes, by the time you get to see your doc, do the labs, go to a endocrinologist, then he might order more tests and you have to schedule those tests...and I know in our area of the country its about a 3 months wait to get in to see an Endo. I've lost weight just waiting to see my doc! I've also backed off my calorie counting for a while. Until we know what we are dealing with, as he is not done ruling out other issues as well. Sometimes its not a cut and dry answer which is why it can take so long from when you first decide to go in and see your primary doc.
Good luck!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote