How many veggies did you eat today?

• On the way home from work, I realized I have had an unusually healthy day today.

My meals today consisted of:

- oatmeal (steel cut oats) with a dollop of greek yogurt, raspberries and a few raisins

- a banana and some almonds

- salad (spinach, romaine lettuce, red + yellow bell pepper, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes and black olives, with some feta sprinkled on top (no dressing)

- soup (leek, parsley root, celery root, celery stalks, carrot, potato, garlic, a lot of mushroom (but I forgot what kind they are ), chicken broth and I even saved the water in which I had cooked cauliflower yesterday to add it

- a hard to describe mishmash of cooked cauliflower, potato, ground beef and ground turkey, with some eggs to bind it all together

- right now, I am enjoying my daily (in fall and winter) mug of hot chocolate (1 % milk, dark cocoa powder, no sugar).

The salad with no dressing is not in order to save calories - I found out that, due to the sun-dried tomatoes and black olives (which are both marinated in olive oil) and some feta, there is plenty of flavour and the dressing is unnecessary. I don't even miss it!

Whew! I think this definitely counts as clean and healthy eating. I have to admit that not every day is as stellar as today (although I make sure I eat a big salad every day) so I am going to milk my 15 minutes of fame!

:-)
  • Wow, that IS an impressive day! There'd be no global health problems if everyone ate like that!

My day:

Breakfast:

coffee with 1% milk (about 1/2 cup) and a tsp of pure maple syrup
    1/2 banana

Lunch:

small flour wrap with refried beans, 1/2 avocado, 1 serving cheese, salsa and a large waldorf salad (very little lite hellman's used)

Afternoon snack:

1/2 dinner roll with a tbsp of pate
    banana
    cup of water with 1 lemon squeezed into it
    1 raw clove of garlic (don't ask)

Dinner:

Asian lettuce wraps - turkey sauteed with celeryonions and carrots, garlic ginger and oyster sauce, wrapped up with large lettuce leavess. 1 cup of rice

Dessert:

Sliced strawberries and oranges

So no, it's not your day, but all in all, pretty darned reasonable!
  • Breakfast - 2 baked portabella mushroom caps with 1/2 slice mozzarella on each and a sprinkle of parmesan.

Lunch - 1 Wasa Crisp n' Light cracker, 1 banana (busy day).

Dinner - huge serving of bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, and scallions sauteed in ginger, garlic, and sesame oil, small steak (unusual treat, usually I just eat fish). Dessert was 1 pint raspberries with 2 tbl light sour cream and 21 grams honey.

Tomorrow night, I'm making braised fennel with red peppers, onions, and fresh basil. I'm on a new-to-me vegetable kick.

I've been eating mostly clean for about 2 months now, and lately I am really feeling the difference physically -- I feel great! And also very virtuous.
  • Breakfast - steel-cut oatmeal, skim milk, 1/2 apple, coffee

Lunch - 1/2 sourdough English muffin, 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese, 1/2 chicken thigh, 1 dill pickle, 1 sliced apple, 1 sugar-free cookie

Supper - fake crab, cabbage, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, sliced turnips, green olives, 1/4 banana, 1/2 orange

Not perfect, but an OK day.
  • Wheatgrass, orange juice, onion soup, onion cheese toast, grapes, some more wheat grass
  • I consume around 6-10 full cup servings per day. I am on the HMR Diet and that is a big issue with their program plenty of high volume, low calorie foods.
  • None so far, but I will have a big salad with lunch.

Your menu for yesterday did sound really good, and I don't blame you for being proud of your choices!
  • egg, ww english muffin, 1 tsp butter, banana.
    4 oz turkey breast stir fry w/ a ton of peppers, onions, and tomatoes & 1 tsp oil.
    ww yogurt
    lean cuisine meatloaf meal , two braised zucchini with tomato & 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 pomegranate. 3 oz brandy.