Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #121  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Add me to the coffee lovers of the group! I'm addicted to hot tea primarily, but when I need coffee only coffee will do! I'm the same way as you, Diana- when I want coffee later in the day its gotta be decaf or I won't sleep at all. I -love, love, love- what I call sissy coffees (my favorite coffee shop has the Milky Way Mocha and a Peppermint Mocha, both amazing) but after seeing the calories involved, I've saved those for special occasions. My go-to coffee is regular, with a bit of splenda and creamer. My DH is a coffee snob, the bolder the better, and his indulgence is buying coffee from coffeefool.com. If you haven't seen them, check them out. It's expensive, but it is some pretty darn good coffee.

So today I saw a fun new number- an all-time low! 163. I'm very pleased with it. It's gotta stick tomorrow for me to change my ticker, but if it does, I'm only one pound away from Disney goal weight!

I've been working hard for it, too. When anyone notices my weight loss, I always proudly tell them "its healthy weight loss! Diet and exercise and lots less sweet stuff!"

I have to share a funny story with you all. DS was taking a bath and we saw a spider in the corner. DH said "look! It's a Daddy Longlegs!" DS thought about this very hard for a moment, then said "no, Daddy- its too small. It must be a Mommy Mediumlegs".

Back later for personals, hopefully! I hit the doctor this afternoon for a followup to all my spring medical issues, and I can't wait to see what she has to say about my lifestyle changes!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #122  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I drink two cups in the morning, same amount as you...coffee cups hold a lot of coffee now a days. We buy whatever is cheap. I drink it for caffeine purposes with heavy cream and splenda. We found low carb flavored creamer which is super yummy...DH usually delivers my coffee in bed and sometimes with whipped cream. I never count the calories to my coffee

Still what a cute story. I love when kids say cute things. If it would have been my kids, you would have heard screaming and seeing nekkid kids running from the spider. Isn't it funny how even when they're little they say very smart things? on the new low. You're definitely going to reach your newest Disney goal.

ItsMyTurn I hate to get MY hopes up, but if you're going in for a second interview, isn't that a sign that they ARE considering you. Dang it, that was another cryptic reply! How did your DD doctor's appt go? How's her nose?

It's still early and I can't think this morning. So I'll do my personals a little later. I have to get the kids to school. If I'm counting right, and I'm not sure that I am, I've lost 3lbs this week. It may only be 2 as I can't do math in my head and I haven't put in on paper. Yep, I can't even count to two But 2 or 3 is awesome...it makes me see once again that exercise is the key.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #123  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Krystal - You can save the calories for *bad word* as long as you are happier with that then one of the high cal lattes I would be totally pulled to the caffeinated beverage, not gonna lie, LOL

Nikki - Your son is too cute, and I think that counts as a NSV! Good luck at the doctor

Mamakat - At the doctor, the radiologist wasn't there to read the xray, but the doc seems to think DD just has a ton of swelling still. Apparently her allergies have decided to kick up at the same time cause doc says on top of swelling, she is stuffed in there, OF COURSE! Why not get it all at once, So we will get a call in the next two days if it's broken, but none of us thinks that is the case (yay!)... and she is on some allergy meds to help with stuffiness now. and THANK YOU!!! I am totally torn. That meeting is one of 3 things: 1) both hiring managers are going to be there, so might be to cushion the blow of rejection? 2) get more information cause they are torn between me and another employee for the position or 3) they want to let me know I got it and will be expecting an offer and I have to get some complications of swapping jobs out of the way. I am guessing 1 or 2 is the most likely? DH seems to think it's #3... I will just be happy if I find out something definitive!

Can tell yesterday was a super long day, I am exhausted today. Let's hope I get the pep in my step after a bit Hope you all have a super wonderful day... and happy Friday-Eve!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #124  
Life is about balance

ItsMyTurn Let me just say if it is #1 I'm gonna be mad. Not only did you have to wait on pins and needles for a rejection they'll be ambushing you. No, no, I refuse to believe it's 1. I like 2 and 3. I can't imagine people being that mean (experience tells me there are people who are mean, but I just don't get that in this case) Arrrrggg. OK we must do what we must do and be patient, right? Deep breath in and blow. I hope you have a great day at work. Glad DD maybe doesn't have a broken nose Allergy suck enough.

Last edited by mamakat; 11-10-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #125  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weigh In: 146
Down: .8

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-10-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #126  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning everyone - scale is up a random .2 this morning. Yep, I'm in my monthly stall-out, but that's OK. I know after awhile a whoosh will come as I'm doing everything that eventually leads to a whoosh - eating right and exercising.

Speaking of eating right, I have to share a story about my youngest son. As I've said, he's autistic (very high functioning autistic). Well, he has food issues like most autistic kids do. For him it's all about the visuals. Since starting to eat foods, he's had just a few things he considered edible. He never TRIED any of the other foods - they just didn't look edible to him so he never tried them. That includes all things Thanksgiving. The only thing he would eat is the pies (pumpkin and apple).

Well, as soon as Halloween was over, he was all about Thanksgiving. He keeps saying all the things he's going to eat and so on. Now, he's 'tried' sweet potatoes (candied) before - about 2-3 months ago... a tiny nibble. He's tried mashed potatoes before - a tiny nibble. But that's it - no turkey, no cranberry sauce, no corn, etc.

So, we were at the grocery store a couple days ago and he saw cranberries and he told me we had to buy them to make cranberry sauce. I asked him if he wanted me to make a meal like thanksgiving so that he could try all those new foods and he said yes. So, that's what I did. That day I bought a turkey breast and all the makings for a mini thanksgiving and then yesterday I spent 3 hours making it - roasted turkey breast, homemade fresh pumpkin pie, candied sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, corn, mashed potatoes and then for the rest of us - kale and corn chowder soup. On his plate I put a little bit of all the foods he said he needed for Thanksgiving. And.... he tried all of it without balking, without fussing. He's still not too keen on white mashed potatoes and corn, but he devoured the turkey and wanted seconds, devoured the sweet potatoes and wanted more and liked the sweet/sour of the cranberries. All those new foods in one meal on one plate is HUGE and so worth the 3 hours of labor to make it.

My silly MIL though. I had told her Henry wanted to have a preview Thanksgiving dinner and so I was going to make one, but she thought I would make just a mini meal for just Henry? What???? Like that makes sense? So yes, we will have a very similar meal in a couple weeks, but so what! This time, for the first time EVER Henry will be joining us at the table and eating the same foods. HUGE progress.

ETA: This was also good practice for me - I managed to stay under 1450 calories yesterday (approx). I had some turkey breast, kale, a few leftover carrots (from the night before) and couple tablespoons of the candied sweet potatoes), a scant tablespoon of cranberry sauce and the corn chowder soup. No pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, or corn. and that didn't add up to too much. Because there is so much food at Thanksgiving, it's easy to find lower calorie yet super yummy alternatives.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 11-10-2011 at 07:39 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #127  

Wow, you guys were chatty yesterday while I was slaving away painting! I painted until 10:00 last night!!!!! I am not sure I like the color, waiting for daylight to tell. I may have to run to the store to change it out, darn it. I actually love the new look, it's just the color is a little "off", those browns can range from having hints of yellow to green to red. It has to be right or it will bug me forever!!! On a good note, the caulking and the ceiling (2 coats each of primer and paint) are finished.
Another new low today, 174.8, You know what that means, I get to add another smiling flower to my siggy,
You guys would get a kick out of this, I have the bathroom emptied of extra decorations and such, but every night, when I clean up for the night, I put my scale back in it's proper corner, waiting for the morning. Pretty sad addiction, huh?
No time for personals, but I am trying to keep up with everyone's happenings. Hope everyone has a great day!
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #128  
Melissa

Still You are doing so great! Way to go you! Are you feeling better too? Maybe they have your thyroid meds figured out?

itsmyturn I agree that it's #2 or #3. You are believing #1 is a possibility because you are trying to brace yourself for the worst... but it's looking better and better the longer they hold off - but yes... it could very well be 50/50 right now. Fingers remain crossed.

mamakat coffee in bed? Man, I thought I was generous with bringing juice to hubby for 17 years. (no longer do that).

K9owner You know I didn't think that four letter word was a problem for me. And it's not if I see it there. I can pass it up, but while MAKING it? Good grief - I'm licking the spoon clean and the bowl clean (batter) and then same for frosting!!! And similar problems with cookie batter - the finished product - no issues... the soft gooey batter? HUGE problems... so, I'm not making those things as often as I can't seem to resist.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #129  
Life is about balance

Berry That is totally awesome about Henry. I went through something similar with my son. Its hard to get all the nutrients they need into them when all they eat is carbs. I got super worried when I couldn't get any form of protein into him, not even peanut butter. Oh the joy of seeing your children eat, lots of people take it for granted, but when you have little ones who are far more than "picky" it can worry a person. Luckily by the time we started celebrating Thanksgiving (4 years ago this year) my son like some of the food...he still doesn't eat a lot, but it's way more than before. YAY, FOR HENRY

Jomatho I don't know if putting your scale back every day is sad, maybe its comforting? Especially now that you are seeing new lows. on the new low. Who knew redoing a bathroom would be so beneficial? You're getting to gifts: weight loss/exercise and a new bathroom. How nice.

Diana good morning.

As usual today will be laundry day I really hate laundry, but not as much as New Haven It's sprinkling out so I was iffy on going for the walk. Then I got out of the car and twisted funny. Ugh, the hip screamed out IDIOT. So if I do anything it will be bike. But not even gonna guarantee that. I'll see how the day progresses as I have to go up and down stairs with clothes which may or may not make it worse. Dang, I was hoping weight loss would magically make it go away...LOL, I'm delusional and in denial.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #130  
Melissa

jomatho how am I ever going to catch up with you if you keep dropping to new lows all the time? So happy for you! And I agree with Mamakat - not sad - just comforting and consistent!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #131  

Good morning everyone!!

moondance we are in the smoky mountains. It's beautiful right now.

So yesterday I didn't do as well because we went to the chili cook off plus I ate a couple cookies and drank some coke. Don't know my calories either. But I'm going to try to do well today. I would like to do another hike but dont know if DH is up to it.

Have a great day everyone!!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #132  
~Star~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
ItsMyTurn Let me just say if it is #1 I'm gonna be mad. Not only did you have to wait on pins and needles for a rejection they'll be ambushing you. No, no, I refuse to believe it's 1. I like 2 and 3. I can't imagine people being that mean (experience tells me there are people who are mean, but I just don't get that in this case) Arrrrggg. OK we must do what we must do and be patient, right? Deep breath in and blow. I hope you have a great day at work. Glad DD maybe doesn't have a broken nose Allergy suck enough.
Thank you!!!! I think you are in my head! I keep telling myself to stay calm, there is no way they wouldn't just send the dang email instead so I could sulk in private and calm down... but then... I have seen worse happen here and since they both know me personally, maybe they feel that would be the easier way of letting me down? This crap is killing me! I can handle rejection and success, what I can't handle is the not knowing! *remember to breathe... inhale, exhale*
Old 11-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #133  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Thank you!!!! I think you are in my head! I keep telling myself to stay calm, there is no way they wouldn't just send the dang email instead so I could sulk in private and calm down... but then... I have seen worse happen here and since they both know me personally, maybe they feel that would be the easier way of letting me down? This crap is killing me! I can handle rejection and success, what I can't handle is the not knowing! *remember to breathe... inhale, exhale*
Stay strong! Stay focused! Something exciting may be just around the corner for you.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #134  
~Star~

Diana - Good morning sunshine!!!

Melissa - Wow!!! Yay for DS!!!! That is HUGE!!!! To WANT to try it was huge, but to follow through and actually DO it is monumental!!!! MIL can take her sarcasm and shove it, cause that boy did something amazing within his realm!!!! And she still got to eat good...AND get a preview of what's to come... I said that's WINNING all the way around! LOL!
I sure hope you are right on the job... but it's been 1 yr and 1 month that I have been applying to things internally that can transition to work-at-home..and 1 yr and 1 month of rejections for this or that... and since the same hiring managers that have this position open, are ones I have now and JUST put a new task on me that took 2 wks to train me on... I honestly figured I would apply for this just to keep my interviewing skills from getting rusty...so the not knowing is killing me

Jo - I am so sorry the color looks off a bit to you. Totally sucks after putting in the work... but, easier to cover if the colors are similar Super congrats on your new low!!!! That's wonderful!!!!!

mamakat - Be careful with that hip! Delusional and in denial are ok until you start to do more damage I am so glad DH does laundry... Hoping he doesn't let it slack once he starts his part time job cause honestly I have no idea when I would fit it in! You sound like you have as much that builds up as we do!

Ruth - It sounds like you are having a great time! So happy for you!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #135  
~Star~

Diana - Thank you I truly am trying...and I totally have my head in the game at work... it's when there is a lull for a couple mins that I tend to hyperfocus on it and that's where I get into trouble I just have to keep my head going in other directions today