Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Diana, I plan to look into those herbal remedies. Not sure if it is a omega 3 imbalance, I do take flax daily and fish oil less than daily (when I remember) and I don't take in a lot of omega 6 anymore, so there shouldn't be much of an imbalance. I have some evening primrose oil, not sure why I bought it or why I stopped taking it, but may start again after I read up on it. Tell me the name of the PMS formula you take again. Not sure if I need the menopause formula yet, those sweats last night were kind of out of the blue, so I will have to see a trend to warrant needing that yet. But the emotions of PMS definitely need help! Thanks!
There are reviews on these sites for these products.

Menopause product:
http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-Meno...ProductDetails
http://www.iherb.com/Hyland-s-Menopa...lets/8680?at=0

PMS product:
http://www.vitacost.com/Boiron-Cyclease-PMS
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #92  

I'm glad this thread is about a lifestyle change. Today is my birthday, so I ate some foods I don't normally eat because it's a special occasion!

Brunch: 1 piece cinnamon roll french toast, 1 slice bacon, 1 piece sausage, 1 glass cranberry juice, and 1 scrambled egg- 757 calories

Snack: 1 stalk celery, 1 Sonoma Jack's light cheese wedge(like laughing cow, but cheaper)- 34 calories

Dinner: Sushi- calories TBA

Exercise: 45 min hike
Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #93  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Nikki: Liam is precious in his shark outfit!! I love it

Kristiina: I love this photo of you! You are just beautiful!

Larry: Earlier this week, you commented to Donna on some info I gave to you. It did not go unrecognized. What a sweet statement to make about me.
I pray you and your DW are well

Diana: Thank you for the websites. I am considering the primrose oil. I am also going to check out what Shaklee sells.

Melissa: Hope you feel better today, I feel your pain right now

to all the newcomers to this thread. I am much more personal than this, but I NEED a new pc desperately!

Star: I hope you had much success during your interview and more importantly, you will be able to fit a workout into your overbooked schedule!

JO: I am pretty certain you burn more cals than I do per day! WoW!! I doubt I could keep up with you!

MamaKat: I hope you are well today!

AFM: I don't know when I'll get a new pc yet. I have to research a little first
Over the weekend, I bought a fitness bench and ordered an 8lb medicine ball.
I WILL HAVE ABS! I will start when TOM leaves {my tummy is going through enough right now}!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #94  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Happy Birthday Chloe!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #95  
Melissa

Jomatho - I'm not sure what my BMR is. I think it might be lower because of thyroid crap. Such a small little gland can cause so many problems. I'm praying my hair grows back. I used to have extremely thick hair and in the last few years it's gone from thick to bordering on thin and it's getting finer too. I will cry forever if I get super thin hair.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #96  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Still OMG how cute! Awesome job on costume and what a cutie. Those are the best years

Krystal I had a good day, thank you. I did what I set out to do; laundry and working on writing. That's a good day in my book. Also for fun I checked scale later in the day and I saw the teens...for a second, but who knows maybe again tomorrow. Hope things start getting better for you, my grandma swore by hot tea for discomfort.

Sum got to agree with the others, you are very pretty and that's a lovely avi

Chloe and Happy Birthday

Jomatho wow, you can truly work it when you want. You set that goal, and met it. awesome job on the workout. You rock.

Berry I'm so glad you made it to the gym.

I missing some people, I apologize for that. I do hope you all have a great night. I am off to work some more while the house is quiet, both kids were very chatty today when they got home. DS the most and I never have the heart to shut them up or ignore them. I really love those two bozos. Good night everyone.

Last edited by mamakat; 11-02-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

My DW's cardiologist test results were very good. Her stress test, carotid artery sonogram and her echo cardiogram were all negative. She is on Lasix to help with swollen legs and ankles and they are much better. A big relief!!

I had a 6 month routine pacemaker check up today. Mine is being used 73% of the time and is almost almost entirely atrial pacing. Ventricular pacing is only .4 % which is very good. My wires are in excellent shape and I have 7 1/2 years of battery life left. That is an amazing amount of time considering I have had this particular pacemaker for 3 years already.

10 1/2 years battery life, wow!! My first pacemaker battery only lasted 4 year

Scale still reads 205 lbs. Waiting for a whoosh.

Today was a light eating day and I am going to leave it that way.

11/02/11 - Wed -goal 1500 calories - actual was 991 (509 under my goal)
My sodium was 720 mg which is 780 mg over my goal of 1500 mg

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 11-02-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #98  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

chloekinsicle Hi and Welcome to the check-in! Also,

Total Approx 1540 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
1/2 TBS Hellman's light mayonnaise/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Teriyaki beef 400 calories
Fried rice 400 calories

Exercise:
The Firm Super Body Sculpt (upper body/lower body) w/8's & 10's
TF HIIT 15
Powerstrike 6 w/weighted gloves

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #99  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all

Larry ~ glad that DW tests were good!

Still ~ kimchi is korean spicy fermented vegetables, usually nappa cabbage or cubed daikon radish. We like the radish best and get it from a korean market in one of our neighboring cities. We also make our own fresh sauerkraut. We eat these foods mainly for the enzymes and probiotics but also because we like them Kimchi can take getting used to if you have never had it, and it will stink the house up everytime you open the lid It goes really well with ramen noodles which is one way that the koreans eat it.

Today's calories were about 1430. I walked/jogged 23 minutes outside so I could soak up some sunshine. Then did 40 mins walk/jog on the treadmill and some push ups.
I made shrimp scampi for supper along with a salad. The scampi turned out so delicious, I definitely could have eaten alot more than I did.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

TTOM and still doing amazing! Water has been of huge help. Bring on the water.

Breakfast: Slim Fast shake

Snack: Granola bar (170 cal), had to eat it because I had to take a pain killer

Lunch: 2/3 cup no fat cottage cheese, 1/2 slice of bread, 2 cups pork-rice-potato stew. 70 cals worth of pickles. Full and happy.

Snack: Special K bar, 2 squares dark chocolate

Dinner: Slim Fast Shake.

Late night snack: Apple

Splurge: 1 1/2 small bowl of popcorn when my friend came over (made from kernels, little oil, not much salt)

I think I was on track today. Felt satisfied and full, which is great. Didn't work out because I was on meds, but generally, I could have done A LOT worse considering my state and all.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Weigh In: 145.6
Up: .6
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #102  
Melissa

Still Your little guy was so cute! And homemade costumes are way more comfortable than store bought ones too!

Larry Happy to hear that your wife's trip to the cardiologist was so positive. I'm sure that puts both your minds at ease. Sometimes not knowing is the scariest part.

For all the TTOM girls or impending TTOM - Hang in there!!!!!!

For me, I'm feeling a bit of tension in my neck. I have body pump today and I'm a bit worried how that will go. I might take a pre-emptive ibuprofen and if the strain starts to bug me more, I will contact a doctor and see what I need to do about it.

My house was a bakery last night. One huge loaf of Whole wheat bread and 12 mini pies and bowl of baked apples with streusel and with the leftover dough and apples, an oddly shaped panless apple pie. My breafast was the bowl of baked apples and streusel topping. THat's my splurge for today and not too bad as it was mostly apples, but I got a little treat. (Just added it up - about 250 calories - not a bad splurge). Boy did my kitchen smell divine last night! Kitchen, how about the whole house!

And, I was on my feet cooking for 3 hours yesterday. Acccording to my fitness/weightloss app, that burns 217 calories an hour. That's the same as if I were walking 2.0 miles per hour. That makes sense I guess. I never count stuff like that in my daily activities as I don't do it every day, but about twice a week I do. No wonder I feel worn out after working in the kitchen for 3-4 hours!. It's like walking slowly for 3-4 hours and it's usually at the end of the day when I'm already getting tired.

Anyway, that's it!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 11-03-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #103  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

I made it to my teens I did a happy dance for all the family and admitted to being happy for the first time in a long time. I never thought I would see this day. You know yo-yo dieting puts that little doubt in the back of my head saying you will fail again. But the teens prove I've been really working hard and it hasn't been too much of a sacrifice...except on days I super crave, but that doesn't last long and if I can just get through that day, I'm fine. I'm so proud of myself

Plans today are the same as yesterday. My right leg is achy, but then can you blame the poor guy he walked across and entire town only after not moving for nearly two weeks. He's tired So laundry and writing again today. I'll see if I can ride the bike tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #104  

So tired. Coffee is helping though
Looks like rain for most of the morning so I will probably cancel my walk and hit the treadmill or elliptical. Both of those would be good for today since I a have some DOMS. Not terrible like the last time but enough to know I kicked my own bootie yesterday I told DH last night when I was a little achy that I think I am too old for all this exercise. It was probably the yard work on top of my workouts that put me over the edge.
I had a huge deficit yesterday which I try not to have, usually I eat back most of my exercise calories, but yesterday was a ridiculously high burn so I kept my eating to normal and we'll see what happens. Wasn't terribly hungry either, so that felt good for a change.
Still looking into the primrose oil, what I have found is that it is GLA which is an omega 6. We want a balance of omega 3 and 6 in our diets and with the typical American diet, we get an over abundance of omega 6 with all the vegetable oil and soy beans and such. I have never worried about the 6, only the 3 since I don't like much fish. I typically supplement for the 3, not the 6. I have thought about it and now wonder if I do get very much omega 6 in my diet anymore. I don't eat many packaged or processed foods that have fats except salad dressings on occasion when I don't make my own. Hmmmmm. Okay, that was probably really confusing! I still need to look into it further, but that is what I know so far and thought I would share with you guys.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #105  
Melissa

Yay Mamakat to the teens!!!!!:cong rat:
Closed Thread