3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Boredom is not a dieters friend. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/244275-boredom-not-dieters-friend.html)

Mouse46 10-01-2011 07:14 AM

Boredom is not a dieters friend.

I've noticed on the days I don't work and don't have a lot of things planned to do that I dream of things to eat. Boredom is not my friend. I think about eating warm freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Auugggg! I didn't eat them but wanted to. Do you have those days? :?:

Lovely 10-01-2011 07:55 AM

Yes. Ever since I was a little kid, boredom was trouble for me.

And, hey, you didn't eat them. You were flexing your resistance muscle. Good for you!

On days when I'm feeling bored, I honestly just look around online for stories or articles to read. Or do a chore I've been putting off to keep myself out of the kitchen.

miatutu 10-01-2011 09:34 AM

I had one o those days yesterday. I did end up snacking last night, but didn't do to bad. I find myself getting on this forum when I am having those moments. Knowing I am not alone in the struggle really helps me through some hard times.

ShanIAm 10-01-2011 09:40 AM

Oh yes, I totally get this. If I am home with nothing to do I will watch TV and surf the internet. But if I can I will go out to the mall and try on clothes or look at clothes I really want. It becomes a reminder of why I am on this journey. It depresses me half the time but it motivates me too! :D And this always works for me because I love, LOVE clothes. And it does keep me very busy when I'm bored!

lin43 10-01-2011 03:59 PM

I know what you mean. I notice that on days when I work (I'm a faculty member at a college, so I have a weird schedule), I eat less. It's because on those days, I'm so occupied that I don't have time to think about food.

Soft Speaker 10-01-2011 07:23 PM

Actually it's usually when I'm watching tv. I see commercials for ice cream and cookies and I'm like "Omg I wants." @_@

Mouse46 10-01-2011 09:50 PM

Maybe it is boredom & TV. I do recall several food commercials with desserts on them. Lol. Sweets are my downfall.

Unna 10-02-2011 04:23 AM

Boredom and procrastination: probably the two biggest reasons contributing to me being overweight.... oh, and crappy, processed foods.

I'm still working on ways to conquer it!

lisa4621 10-02-2011 08:54 AM

Boredom is a problem for me too. If I am thinking of eating I ask myself if I am actually hungry, if the answer is no I try to distract myself. A quick walk around the block or brushing my teeth tends to help and if I am still reaching for the food I make a big bowl of low cal soup or a plate of veggies.