3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Help! Retaining Water (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/244151-help-retaining-water.html)

Mouse46 09-29-2011 03:04 PM

Help! Retaining Water

Does anyone have an idea on how to help with water retention? Tomorrow marks my two week weigh in and I don't dare weigh since I can't even get my rings off my fingers. It's crazy! Suggestions? :dizzy:

rachaelm 09-29-2011 03:08 PM

I'm just really pounding back the water intake. I had a 2# gain this week, major bummer, since I've been on plan. I think it just takes time. And another glass of water.

LeslieB 09-29-2011 03:09 PM

The best way to help with water retention is to drink water and limit sodium.

Ryler832 09-29-2011 03:49 PM

Drink plenty of water.

ItsMyTurn 09-29-2011 04:35 PM

I also seem to have success with squeezing lemon juice into a cup of hot water and drinking that at night...especially around TOM, if I am due for WI, then I make sure to do that the night before and it helps tremendously

chickadee32 09-29-2011 04:45 PM

Yup, drink more water, limit sodium, and add lemon (a natural diuretic), as has already been suggested. Also, get in some cardio exercise daily (brisk walking is great) to help improve circulation, and try to add some extra potassium to your diet (bananas and raisins are good for this).

Those are all the suggestions I have, but note that sometimes even those things won't help much. Depending on the cause of the water retention, sometimes you just need to wait it out. I understand the frustration, as I've been right there with you over the past 2 weeks. :)

indiblue 09-29-2011 10:03 PM

Eat SUPER clean. I've been having crazy water retention episodes over the past month and I reduce my diet to fresh or steamed vegetables, a little fruit, eggs, tuna, nuts... and not much else. DEFINITELY no eating out :)

And, of course, lots of water. It usually takes me filling my 750 ml water bottle 5-6 times a day!

Mouse46 09-29-2011 10:33 PM

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Love all the support you get on this site! I'll put your suggestions to work tomorrow.

gagalu 09-29-2011 10:34 PM

drink lots of water and coffee :)

Miaka 09-29-2011 10:41 PM

Nothing original here, limiting sodium and drink lots of fluids (I know the more water you drink, the less you retain doesn't make sense).

twinieten 09-29-2011 11:27 PM

Water and coffee for sure! I also drink green tea. I'll throw tea bags in my water bottle and just let it cold brew. I don't start drinking water until later in the morning, so that gives it a few hours. Another thing that helps me is to reduce carbs and focus on proteins instead. Kind of Atkins. No fruit, bread, rice, pasta. Just veggies and protein for a day.

ennay 09-30-2011 01:19 AM

And dont stress about it. While it sucks, it's water. It comes and goes. Dont go overboard trying to combat it and lose sight of the real deal.