Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 04:27 PM   #76  

I wish our chinese placewould deliver. Although, now thatI think about it taht probably wouldn't be a good thing. We would get it every night. There is a place here that has a mongolian grill and we love going there. When I was 17 I used to work there. Yup, I worked at a chinese resturant. Four years to be correct. I really loved that job until the owner (lady) got married. Her husband was and still is a jerk!
Old 02-11-2003, 05:49 PM   #77  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

That would be my dream. To be able to eat anything I wanted and not gain weight and to own a Chinese restaurant.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:11 PM   #78  
Finally Fit!

I have to chime in here. I absolutely love Chinese food! There's something about it, that makes you feel like you're eating right. Basicaly, it's rice, veggies, and meat. Except for the fried dishes, which I avoid like the plague. But, Chinese is so goooodd. I love Mexican food too. Chips and Cheese, and salsa. Love that stuff.

Man, I'm a food addict I think. Not really, not the type that needs a support group, but I love to eat,a nd i'm not afraid to admit when I"m good and hungry.

I did okay today. I ate right, and I went fro a morning walk with doggie. I am in the habit of having a salad around 3 pm, with lettuce mix (bag of salad), with cherry tomatoes,a nd lite white wine and some kind of nut vinagrette dressing. It's sweet and delicious,a nd the whole thing keeps me satisfied til dinner, so I don't gorge, from starvation. I can't go too long without at least snacking on something.

I just went to Wal-Mart,a nd bought my Big Fat Greek Wedding on Dvd. Hubby doesn't seem upset, that's good. I also got some protein bars for after I workout. I'm always like an animal.. give me something! Wow BBQ chips... you now the drill. I gotta have lots of options to snack, or i'll fry up eggs and bacon. Literally. So, I keep wow chips, popcorn, cereal.. anything but regular food. Okay, that's me story. night!
Old 02-11-2003, 07:51 PM   #79  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys. I'm a food addict too--any kind of food, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Filipino, Hawaiian....and yes, Mexican and Italian...I'm no picky eater that's for sure. I'm kinda bummed because the only kind of Wow chips I can find here are the plain Ruffles...no fancy flavors or other varieties of any kind. Guess I'll have to stick to pretzels if I want that salty/crunchy snack. I just got through taking the "real age" test on www.realage.com. You guys should try it. It says that although my biological age is 31.2, my real age (according to my lifestyle) is 28.6. And if I continue to lose weight and exercise than by the time I'm 34 my real age would actually only be 29. How's that for making you feel good? If you try it, let me know what your real ages are...

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 02-12-2003 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:45 AM   #80  
Finally Fit!

Good to see we're trying things that will give us that impact we wanna see. like finding out how healthy we are. so I went to the site too. I am printing it up right now. Boy, that's a great survey! Of couse, I like it more because it said I'm younger than I am! Okay, my scores on the test are: My age is: 28.2, but my Real Age is 25.2. I guess it's not an obvious thing, for me to do it, when you're still in your twenties. Some would laugh at me doing this, but I have changed so much in that survey over the past year or so, it's worth the scores for me! I thought that not flossing would get me, and that I care for my husband when he's sick, but I guess the rest balances out in the end. Great Idea Noelle!

So, today, I have to work, and tonight's aerobics. I'm dropping my guy off for his GED assessment, and high tailing it to my class. He is a big boy, let him test alone. I need that class, expecially since I had to work late Monday,a nd had to skip class. I was so upset. Feeling good, have a good attitude.

Oh, I watched the BEST movie last night. I rented it from thel ibrary, it's called Joshua. I think it's older, becasuse it's based ona novel. I feel like i"ve heard of it before. My goodness, so uplifting. I wanna offer my church a chance to see it, it's that good for you. So, I went ot bed feeling really mentally enriched. How often can you say that about a movie, huh? See ya'll later! (wake up sleepy heads)
Old 02-12-2003, 01:24 PM   #81  

Default Eewwwww !

"That's why the ocean is so salty"......Yuck !
And if you go into the water, it's going to get all in your hair, too......Ewwww !

We're doing what we always do Valentine's Day, (and our anniversary).

I don't mind not going to a restaurant cause it's an excuse to eat something we think is so decadent.

Bubbly
Bacon-wrapped, broiled, jumbo shrimp.
(after those, the rest is incidental)
Hot/spicy Rice
Fresh steamed asparagus.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:48 PM   #82  

I know this is terribel but I am saving myself for desert Friday night. I am dieing for ice cream. There is a place called Marble Slab right next to the place we are eating at and it is awesome. (sorry about this next part) You pick out what base flavor of ice cream you want and then pick out some toppings. They put it all onto a cold marble slab and mix it together. WOW! Rocky Road is the flavor of choice. None of the toppings gets soggy this way. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I think we may have had our last cold snap. At least I hope so. We are so lucky! I think it will be smooth sailing form here on out. But, when you guys are having awesome wheater I am melting. So I guess we all get a couple of months of wonderful weather.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:49 PM   #83  
so close, yet so far...

Gargoyle those shrimp sound divine! and I love fresh asparagus...what time's dinner?

Kempy we have a place here called Cold Stone Creamery...I ate there once (after a trip to Dave & Busters) and had the ice cream w/fudge brownie and pecans, chocolate and caramel sauce...to die for! You're smart though, better to plan for those extra cals then for it to just happen, you know what I mean...

I'm playing around on this site since hubby has just announced that he's taking the afternoon off for a round of golf. Sheesh, doesn't anybody work around here anymore? I guess not!

Chris I've never heard of a book or movie by that name...sounds like something to go searching for though. I need a little uplifting and inspiration.

Angie, what's shaking today?

Washu, how 'bout you? Anything planned for Valentine's day?

Does anybody go out and buy anything special, something small maybe, but meaningful (besides something edible, unless it's underwear ~ and it has to be low-cal ) for this "love" holiday? Any ideas you can throw at me?
Old 02-12-2003, 02:56 PM   #84  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

We don't do anything for Valentines Day. Too broke this year. I am happy to report that the scales are moving down again. YEAH!! I upped my exercise to 1 hour and 15 minutes this week. The extra 15 minutes is for my ff ice cream. smart huh? Plus I have hardly anything to cook anymore until the tourists come back so I have the time to do a little extra exercise. I would rather have the money though.

Gargoyle the shrimp sound yummy. Jay wanted some of those for New Years but I was trying to be good. I still would like to eat something delicious this weekend but....
Old 02-12-2003, 03:32 PM   #85  

Hi there load chicks, I was lurking around 3fc message boards today while at work ( shhhhhh, don't tell)
Anyway I met angieME and she told me to come check out your board and I love it!!! You are all great!!!! I like how you can talk about anything and that you truely care about one another. I have been doing the WW point system for 3 weeks tomorrow, I know I've lost 9lbs and think this weeks WI will add another 3 lbs atleast gone for a total of 12!!! I really like the pt system and am thinking I have found the light!!! Meaning I think the lightbulb in my head went off and said this is for you and you can succeed!! I have a long long ways to go, and yes my goal says 195, because I want to work on the first 100 lbs before I take on more, which I will in time, but gotta go for something and 100 seemed like a good number to strive for first. So I will tell you a little about me.

Name: Sandy
Bday: November 26
Anniversary: August 26 (14 years this year)
Kids: 2= 1b(11 Evan) 1g(5 Alexis)
Hubby: Fernald
Work: Office manager
Furry friends: 2 dogs Daisy and Chester and 1 cat Sasha
Scaley friends: Fish ( lots )

I hate exercise, but am making a concious effort to learn to like it. I have done a aerobics video tape for the past 4 days in a row and am trying for everyday to help me along my way.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:43 PM   #86  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Sandy,
Glad you came to meet everyone. The great thing about this sight is that I learned that my feelings towards food aren't as weird as I thought. There are so many others who fight every day with the same things I do. And I learned that it can be done. I messed up pretty bad last week but as long as I keep starting over I know that I will get to goal. It is kind of hard for me to remember that when I am all bloated but it is so true.

I din't tell you what I have for pets. 4 cats and 3 dogs, Rebel(JRT) Candi and Cappie(Keeshond) and 1 Betta fish.
Welcome to our group. You'll like it here. right girls!!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:09 PM   #87  
so close, yet so far...

Welcome Sandy! We love more company, more brains to pick for diet/cooking/food/life tips...speaking of brains, BTW did you get to read through those Hannibal Lecter jokes Gargoyle posted yesterday? Hope you're not too squeamish since sometimes things can get a little graphic here, but it's all in fun. We all gotta laugh sometimes. You sound like you're doing really well on that WW plan, 9 lbs is great and 12 lbs for 3 weeks--that's just awesome. You can do this! I can totally understand what you mean about that "light bulb" moment. Best of luck to you on this journey. Come and post with us often, we'll cheer each other on! And yes, we all trip and fall sometimes, but the main thing is that we help each other get back up on our own two feet and keep trying til we get to where we want to be. Talk w/ya more later.

Aloha!
Noelle
Old 02-12-2003, 05:12 PM   #88  

Greetings Sandy!

We do trip around here. Heck, I tripped and had fallen down for about 3 months. I didn't give up though. I would post everyday and everyone here made me laugh. I knew that I wasn't alone and that is what matters. Hold on to your hat, we are a wild bunch!

Noelle I don't know what to telkl you as far as a gift goes. Joe and I don't do anything special. I have been paying attention to the commercial over the past couple of days and everything is geared towards women. Men will have no problem finding something but what about us gals? I know what he will be getting for a present (hubba-hubba)
Old 02-12-2003, 05:29 PM   #89  
Finally Fit!

Welcome Sandy. glad you've stopped creeping around,a nd settled down here for a while. We're a great bunch, and I can say honestly, I'd admit my failures to these girls, almost before myself. Weird. Um, I've fallen down hundreds of times, expecially on the weekends, when food seems to have more value to me, even though I tend to exercise less. That's not good. hey, we have the same birthday!! Mines in 1974.. make sme around 28 or so. Feeling it too lately. Welcome aboard and keep posting, so we can get to know you better.

Updating ya on me, I've got cramps from you know where. I keep telling myself I"m not going to aerobics, then that voice inside reminds me I skipped Monday, so better sweat it off and bear it. I hate exercising when it's that TOM. I feel bloated, and exhausted, and every move seems to take all my energy. I did get my walk in though, dog likes to drop steaming piles, while I'm walking, that's gross. Sorry girls. I breing one bag, and after I've dumped it at the park, she drops another one.. and I'm stuck, standing there, hoping the neighbor isn't home. I always feel guilty, cause it's snowy everywhere, so the poopy is obvious. Thoguth I'd share.

My day was great overall, except i'd fading energy wise. Hoping this period goes by wihtout making me miserable. I'd rather be tired than crampy. Wish I could make deals with my body. But, i'm a slave to it, at least with this thing.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:43 PM   #90  

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WARM WELCOME

melek/ yes I read the whole post here and I loved the jokes. You will learn that I am a very laid back relaxed person and love a good joke. Nothing really bothers me to talk about so whatever the subject I'm sure I will put my 2cents worth in. I love to chat to people and to post. I actually feel these posts keep me going and keep my fingers going so they arnt thinking of shoving food in my mouth. I have an excellent low pt recipie that I shared last night on another board but here it is for all of you if you like cabbage that is.

CABBAGE CASSEROLE

1 PKG MORNING STAR CRUMBLES
4 CUPS OF CHOPPED CABBAGE
1 ONION CHOPPED
1 CAN OF TOMATOE SOUP
1 CAN OF WATER
4 TBS. OF RICE (INSTANT)

SAUTEE THE ONION IN A PAN SPRAYED WITH PAM, THEN ADD THE CRUMBLES AND HEAT. ADD THE SOUP, WATER AND RICE, BRING TO BOIL AND THEN SIMMER FOR 3 MIN.

PUT CABBAGE IN A CASSEROLE DISH SPRAYED WITH PAM THEN POUR THE HOT MIXTURE OVER TOP AND MIX IT UP. PUT IN A 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 1 HOUR TO 1 1/4 HOURS. ENJOY

4 SERVINGS EACH SERVING IS 2.5 POINTS

YOU CAN MAKE THIS WITH REAL HAMBURGER OR TURKEY JUST REMEMBER TO REFIGURE THE PTS. SO EASY AND SO GOOD, I SERVED IT WITH A BAKED POTATOE FOR 3 PTS AND A TOSSED SALAD FOR 0, REAL CHEAP MEAL THERE!!!!
Closed Thread