Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 07:32 PM   #16  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, what a Monday it is. Sounds like everyone's busy, busy, busy. Myself included. I just got back from some banking and post office runs...I walked in the HOT sun (boohoo, I know). It's like 80 degrees and I'm sweatin' now. I needed to get a jump start on my exercise today since I kind of blew it yesterday on the munchies... Always back on track on Monday though. How am I going to lose 7 more lbs this month if I keep indulging myself? Oh well, keep on trying I guess. Hope everyone's has a good evening. Will check back in tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:54 PM   #17  
Finally Fit!

Wow, where is everyone? Just got home from aerobics. So tired, and achey already. That's a good thing. I'm doing good lately, and eating right. I was even good this weekend. Overall. Hope everyone is alright. See ya tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:45 AM   #18  
moe

I WANT TO JOIN!!! I WANT TO JOIN!!!

I am a 33 year old "Fashionably Loud Chick" and married for two years now.....no children yet but we are trying. I have been struggling with weight issues for as long as I can remember. Usually dealing with 40 pounds up and down....but usually gain it right back.

I used to post on 3FC all the time but have been away for awhile. BUT I AM BACK!!!

This time, I am exercising 6 days a week. I am also trying to eat 3 healthy meals a day whereas before I would starve myself and lose weight the very unhealthy way... only to gain it right back.

You sound like a bunch of lively, colorful, fun women!!! Your are just what the doctor ordered. Take care all and have a WONDERFULLY LOUD DAY!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 03:38 PM   #19  

I am finally able to sit down for awhile. We just got finished cutting a hole in the wall of my new office. I moved in this one Friday. Now with this window that we are putting in I will be able to see the front desk without breaking my neck to get to the door. I was having to run around my desk to see who was coming in. I don't think it would have been to pretty to see me trip over something and fall. lol

I painted one of my spare bedrooms SUnday and it looks great. We had already painted it once but the color didn't go with any of the other rooms in the house. Everything is an earthtone and it was a pear green. All of the coments from our friends was that it looked like a kids room so it really had to go. Now it is a sage green and I love it!

I really missed getting on here over the past couple of days. I would start the day off thinking I would have time and before I knew it I was going to bed. Oh well, I am back now.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #20  
so close, yet so far...

Thumbs down Wassup?

Welcome moe! Glad to have you here, the more the merrier and louder! We're all a bunch of great ladies here, some of us are almost at goal, halfway there or just trudging along day-by-day (that would be me). I'm sure we can help each other reach those goals and offer support and encouragement along the way. Most of all we're here for each other.

It's been a hectic week for me and it's only Tuesday, egads! My MIL is back in the hospital again this time for some mysterious stomach ailment. She's lost 35 lbs in as many days since she hasn't been able to eat any solids. It always seems like it's touch-and-go with her. All we can do is hope and pray for the best. I've had to keep my son out of preschool for the past 2 days since he's running a fever and has a scary sounding cough. His spirits and appetite are up so I'm hoping that fever goes away after tomorrow. I feel like I'm relapsing myself...but I'm fighting it as best as I can. My eating has been less than stellar but I have continued with my walks daily and that's helping me not gain anything, thank God! I'm gonna try and buck up for the rest of the week so I can report a loss on Saturday.

How's everyone else doing? Kempy you've been a busy bee. Glad to know all is well. Congrats on the 2 lbs lost! You're just blazing aren't you?

Chris, heard you made out good with that scrapbook party. How fun! Hope you get some great friends there, it'll do you good.

Angie, I swear, you and I are on the same snack wave-lengths. I had some peanut m&m's last night too. I made my sister hide them after I had them though. Nobody brought them to me, I bought them myself a while ago . Everything has to be out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

Gargoyle, I forgot to tell you, our goals are pretty similar and we're the same height. WHEN I reach my goal of 150 I'm going to re-evaluate my life and see if I want to go another 15-20 lbs down. We'll see.

Well everyone, hope to see you back on the boards tomorrow. Ciao!
Old 02-05-2003, 09:40 AM   #21  
Finally Fit!

Mornin Girls. Im' home now because my furnace broke. I'll wrtie the weird story on that in my journal. (stay tuned). I'm waiting for the repairman, and freezing.

Noelle, I just wanted to tell you something, you are doing so great in this journey! You have been consistently losing weight, posting all the time, and encouraging all of us. I am so proud of your attitude, and your humor through difficult days. Just watned to share with you that you inspire me. YOu don't have to be on the thresh hold of your goal to inspire people. You are so wonderful!! There.

Kempy, you used to be here all day long.. you gotta fit this in girl! You're hilarious! I love seeing your conversations throughout the day.

Angie: I love seeing your stats change, it helps me see how I can do this too. I'm on the cusp of my goal, and every day I have to convince myself that I can do it. Coming here helps big time.

Moe: Welcome girl! I love hearing from girls who wanna be a prt of our little group! I ay, the more the louder! Share your story.

Gargoyle: Glad you're haning in there with us. Hope your day is on plan, and that you're attitude is warm, even if the weather isn't. (brrr)
Old 02-05-2003, 09:47 AM   #22  
Finally Fit!

Oh, almost forgot. Another board had this and I thought i'd do it too. It would be cool to hear your answers:

Geographical Location: Northeastern Maryland (brr)

Marital Status: Married 4 yrs on Jan 25th

Children./Ages: none..

Pets: Celia, mixed breed, terrier/shitzu

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, Movies, FOOD, Aerobics, Walking, 3FC, Real Estate Investing with Hubby, Basket Bingo, Sunday School, Church, Fixin up this House

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Reddish highlights on Dark Brown (from a box if it's reddish)

Start of Weight Loss Journey: Memorial Day, 2002

Weight you feel Most Unhappy: over 200 pounds

Present Weight: 152 (and holding for lazy diet reasons)

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Getting Healthier: Exercising every day, and not eating whatever, and as much as I wanna eat. Oh, and drinking that dern water! Oh, and those comments that I don't look like the same person now.. which makes me wonder....

Anything else to Share: I still compare myself to my thin and georgous sister, and my father used to make issues about it.. now he just "checks in" with me, which really means, see if I've failed and gained it all back.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:53 AM   #23  

Default Guest room

I say if there's a door on the spare bedroom....the color doesn't have to "go" with the rest of the house.
Our guest room has lavender walls and a deep purple rug.
All the wood trim and the ceiling are white.
If they don't like purple, they won't stay long.

Name: Suzan Smith

Marital status: Married 18 yrs. on May 31st

No kids

Occupation: residential engineer (housewife) I was a bookkeeper years ago.

Pets: right now just a 16 year old North American ***** Kitty (she earned the name)

And two aquariums with various fish.

Hobbies/Interests: I collect gargoyles (lost count after 70).
Spend too much time on the computer. I like authors Robin Cook, Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerritson, David Shobin, James M. Thompson, Dr. Michael Baden...true crime...and other generally creepy reads.

Eyes: hazel - brown and green (I call it swamp water)

Hair: brown

Start of weight loss journey: Jan. 6th 2003

Most unhapppy weight: 222 (Jan. 6th)

Weight today: 200 !!

Goal weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome: maintenance has always been my downfall...I stop exercising, drinking enough water...and go back to being a night snacker......I've taken steps to correct that after gaining weight back more times than I care to mention.
Anyone here heard of "Fitness by Phone Coaches"?
It sounds like a hoax...but after a lot of digging I found out all the phone coaches are certified with ACE (American Council on Exercise)...and many of them are personal trainers as well as phone trainers.
Compared to the cost of having a personal trainer come to your house 3 times a week (many charge $75. a session)......this costs roughly one third overall. You pick a 12 week program or a 24 week. The objective of the woman who started it was to help people get into better shape and have them wanting to continue exercising long after the fitness by phone has ended.
Makes you more independant and accountable to yourself.
But they won't take you on as a client if you don't sound motivated.

Other things:
Actors I like:
Russell Crowe ("like" would be a gross understatement)
William Petersen - CSI....and others.
Tv shows I like:
CSI
CSI: Miami
ER
Everybody Loves Raymond (if I had to pick only one sitcom)
Judging Amy
Law and Order ( all of them)
TheDistrict
Shield (I liked Michael Chiklis in The Commish so I've been watching this for the **** of it)
Young and the Restless (the only daytime soap I watch - I tape it and get thru the whole hour in 20 minutes)
Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Autopsy series on HBO

I have a lead foot when I get behind the wheel.

I'm sure I'll think of some other stuff later....

edit: They're gone now, but I loved the sitcom "3rd Rock from the Sun" and the short lived series on cbs called American Gothic.

Last edited by gargoyle2003; 02-05-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #24  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Geographical Location: Central Maine

Marital Status: Married 12 years

Children./Ages: 3 Brittany age 11, Corey and Alicia age 9

Pets:3 dogs: Rebel: JRT
Candi and Cappie: Keeshond
4 cats: T.J.
Meanie
Shadow
Butterball

Hobbies: cooking and eating

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes and dirty blonde hair

Start of Weight Loss Journey: 2 years ago

Present Weight: 162

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Getting Healthiero stop binge eating. If I mess up I need to stop doing it for the whole day.

Last edited by angieME; 02-05-2003 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:23 PM   #25  
so close, yet so far...

Red face Getting to know youuuu, getting to know all about youuuu....

Geographical Location: O'ahu, Hawaii (it's hot!)
(born in Little Rock, AR)

Marital Status: Soon- to-be-Married 8 yrs on Feb. 25th

Children/Ages: One Son, Michael age 4

Occupation: (Reluctant Entrepreneur) Business Administrator for Plumbing Contractor (hubby); formerly Credit Manager for heavy equipment company

Pets: 2 dogs: Alaka'i (black lab/rottweiler mix); and Selena (like Selena Quintanilla-Perez (a chihuahua terrier mix)
5 cats: Molly (my nominee for *****-kitty-in-waiting), Whiskas, Kitty-Boy(?), Scully (as in Dana of the X-files) and Tiger; 3 cichlid fish who beat up on 13 other albino catfish in a scummy aquarium which my hubby cleans out maye 5 times a year (yuck!)

Hobbies/Interests: 'net surfing, going to the movies, Food!, walking for exercise, shopping, food, shopping, food shopping, playing the piano, music, watching Trading Spaces and While You Were Out on TLC, and of course spending time w/family.

Height: 5' 3"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, dark brown hair going gray at the temples

Start of Weight Loss Journey: (Consciously?) October 24, 2002

Weight you feel Most Unhappy: anything over 190 lbs

Present Weight: 187

Goal Weight: 150, then possibly 135-140

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Getting Healthier: I need to learn a healthier attitude about food. Stop obsessing about it--the next meal, next snack, next thing that's gonna go into my mouth. Also, get over this hang-up about not being seen in a gym and just go out and join already!

Anything else to Share: What made me decide to lose weight was that my size 18 jeans were so disgustingly large and they were getting tight! I did not want to weigh more than I did while I was pregnant with my son so I decided in October that the time was now. I want at least one more child so my son's not all by his lonesome and I have so much love to share . I want to lose at least 20 more lbs before trying to conceive. It's slow going, but it's going. I love you guys here at 3FC--I would've given up altogether long ago if not for you! A Big mahalo to all of you.

I also like to watch Everybody Loves Raymond and the Young and the Restless although I only catch a few minutes of it while I'm at home on lunch...I have to rely on mom to let me know the crazy goings-ons on the Y&R.

Thanks Chris, this was fun.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #26  
Finally Fit!

Wow, that WAS fun! I loved reading aobut you girls, even the ones I've known a while, i learned lots of cool stuff about ya. I loved that when I saw it, and knew we'd be game for that.

I love CSI also, and have a crush on Grissom (sp), he's great. I love Trading Spaces, and think Paige Davis is adorable and talented beyond that show. Hubby's into Law and Order big time, so I end up watching it more than i'd choose. We're fans of Hidden Hills, but i'm not seeing it in the listings this week, kinda a bummer. That show is funny! Reminds us of ourselves.

I noticed in my desk full of paper, a note about our Jan 3rd Holiday Hangover Challenge: my weight was 160, Kempy was at 165... that's all the numbers I got, but I realized i'd just about made my goal for January, even with my stumblings, i managed to lose 8 out of 10 pounds! That's victory! Kempy: you made goal right? I forget your stats. You always look good.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:55 PM   #27  

hey there, I'm still lurking. I have been real frustrated since last week and have pretty much put weight loss on the back burner for now. This is my last week to go to the gym and I haven't been yet.... I've been busy doing a whole lot of nothing. Still trying to get that truck fixed. We drove 6 hours round trip to get a different tranny from BIL's shop, only to find out that "the other guy" sold it out from under us a couple of hours before we got there. A whole lotta nothin'....
But! I invested in a good multi-vitamin. Something that I have never taken in my life. With all of this talk around how calcium helps burn fat.... and just being more healthy in general, I think that it is a good step. I already notice that I don't crave things as much. (I notoriously craved protien. Especially when there is nothing but bread and rice in the house.)

Geographical location: The Great Northwest

Marital status: BoyFriend and I have been together for 3 1/2 years. Living together for 3. No plans for marriage as neither of us really agrees w/ the institution of it.

No kids. NEVER NEVER NEVER.... well, not in the next forseeable 10 years...

Ocupation: Well, that's a story in itself. I am still searching for my niche. I have a degree in Audio Production (recording, editing, etc.) I am trained as a tattoo artist and make a little bit of $$ with that. I am currently unemployed and fighting the battle between needing a steady paycheck and needing an amount of freedom to pursue a blooming business of my own. I craftly make stuff from duct-tape and have had great luck selling it around town. More opertunities are appearing as I go. I might even be able to get into the Pike Place Market! But that is so uncertain, and the bills are piling up...... Oh, and I am also learning to mechanic. BF and I have big ideas for building custom cars. (Hence the work truck that we are fixing and the shop that it will help build) I would like to pursue the body fabrication and custom stereo installation ends of it, as well as learn how to rebuild the inards.....

Pets: my kitty Washu, and a ferret named Zoe.

Hobbies and Interests: See above I also like reading Anne Rice... 3FC... watching SciFi and Cartoons, my favorites are 'Ed,Edd,&Eddie' 'Cowboy Bebop' 'Dragonball' and 'Drogonball Z', really any kind of anime is cool w/ me. I like to draw... oh, and I like acting like a VIP when my friends can get me into shows (concerts) for free.

Height: 5'8"

Brown hair, Brown eyes.

..... ummm, I need to finish this later. time to go wrench. Hopefully get this B**** done today!
later
-W-
Old 02-05-2003, 04:27 PM   #28  

Thanks Chris tht made me feel good. I have lost another .5 lbs today. Now I am at 154. WOOHOO!

I will do this list thing when I get home tonight. I have to balance the check book (bummer) so I will already be on the computer. I hate not being on the site so much anymore. This whole work thing is getting in my way. lol

I'll be back later.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:14 PM   #29  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

MissWashu, I used to have a ferret. His name was Trouble and he was an albino. I had to find him a new home when he figured out how to get out of the house and my neighbor found him running up the road and brought him home. They are smart little buggers. He was raised with a siamese cat and they loved to play with each other. I miss him. He went to a home with a woman who had 8 of them.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:04 PM   #30  

Real Name: Kathleen Kemp (no snickers please, I hate that name)

Geographical Location: get this, Ponchatoula

Marital Status: it will be 6 on August 2nd

Children/Ages: NO!!!

Occupation: Executive Director of a fitness center who by the way just got a bigger office.

Pets: 1 Lab, Echo; 2 mutt cats, Hera and Sparticus adna salt water tank that Joe was suppsed to keep clean but I have managed to take over the responsibility.

Hobbies/Interests: beign outside in my yard, fooling around with my plants, playing with the dog and cats, sleeping, of course there is food, watching tv

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, blonde hair (naturaly kind of mousey brown)

Start of Weight Loss Journey: do you mean from when i remember? that would be around 10. This time that I am actually doing good with January 3, 2003

Weight you feel Most Unhappy: 167

Present Weight: 154

Goal Weight: 145, (Disney here i come)

Biggest Hurdle to Overcome in Getting Healthier: getting my butt out of bed!

Anything else to Share: I love watching comedies. If it will make me laugh I will watch it. Heck, sometimes the movie is stupid and I still watch it. I really like King of Queens and Yes Dear. Of coures Friends is good but they only have one more season left.
Closed Thread