Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Default Feeling full is scary!

For the past little while I have noticed that whenever I get a full stomach sensation that it scares me. I feel fatter and feel like I have to exercise; even if i am within my calories. Feeling full used to be my solace. I guess I got used to not eating until I am full, just eating my meal and then no more and snacks if I am hungry later, but I usually do not feel full. When I do, I feel anxious and sad even if I know I did well on my calories. Even if I ate a salad and got really full on it and it was within my calories it would feel the same as if I got full on cake. Do any of you all feel like this? I don't mind it so much, but it does throw me for a loop,because it used to be that I wasn't sated ever unless I was full; uncomfortably full.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I don't get scared by the sensation of being full, but I feel do feel sick to my stomach. I went out to dinner with friends a few weeks ago, ordered a normal portion, ate half of it and felt sick for the rest of the day. (I suspect it wasn't just the feeling of being full, but also the introduction of all sorts of restaurant crap/additives that I hadn't eaten in quite some time).

Maybe you get scared because that fullness reminds you of being out of control with your eating in the past? (I'm making a huge assumption there, sorry if I'm wrong or out of line).
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

I know exactly what you mean! Its like if I get full, even if im good on calories, I feel like I've been 'bad' or I shouldn't have eaten so much!
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #4  

Lovebassets, I don't think you're wrong. Back when I was eating whatever whenever, I felt full all the time. In fact, I craved it. But now, it's like mommywannabe says. I feel like I binged even when I didn't. It's a bit unnerving. It's nice though, that I have learned to understand what actual hunger feels like though. Before it was just the absence of fullness
Old 10-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Yup, I was just going to say that if you have a history of binging, the feeling of being full is going to be uncomfortable. For me it makes me feel guilty more than it does scare me. We have for so long associated feeling full to binging and binging IS BAD. So feeling full IS BAD! It's mind over matter and rationally we know this but it's hard to get past. I have been dealing with this since January 3rd. I have never gotten over it. But then again, I'm not sure if I want to. I'd rather feel guilty feeling full than being ok with it. It keeps me in check.

I went out to lunch on Friday and got one of those iceburg lettuce wedge salads and was barely able to make a dent in half of it. I left feeling gross and full but I just had to keep telling myself how GREAT I ate calorie/carb wise and I felt better. And I was happy that I knew I wouldn't be snacking before dinner.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm actually not a big fan of feeling totally full anymore, I usually just find it to be uncomfortable! I like feeling satisfied. But too full and I just feel bloated, no matter what the food actually is. I've even felt full from too much water, but thankfully that processes quickly.
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #7  

Yes, ShanIam, I definitely do. When I started my diet in March I wasn't even sure how much control I had over myself eating anymore. I took back that control, but in months since, feeling full has been really weird and it scares me and makes me feel really fat,like I'm back at 50 lbs when my life was more scary and I was unhappy.

Swt, it's the same for me. I feel bloated and gross!